Injury Update Thread

Rick 12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't afford to lose these guys. I understand injuries happen, but they seem to happen more this year than before and it's hard to get clicking with recievers on offense if they have to keep switching them out. Same to be said with the secondary and lineman. Have to work the most with the guys that are going to suit up on Sunday.
A lot of teams are saying that this year has been bad for injuries !

D

Deleted member 6794

Jarred Abbrederis, Bryan Bulaga, Micah Hyde and Corey Linsley practiced today.

T.J. Lang, Ty Montgomery, Damarious Randall and Andrew Quarless didn't participate.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jarred Abbrederis, Bryan Bulaga, Micah Hyde and Corey Linsley practiced today.

T.J. Lang, Ty Montgomery, Damarious Randall and Andrew Quarless didn't participate.

Forgot about Randall. What happened to him? Lang too? I was watching the radio so i didn't see.

D

Deleted member 6794

Forgot about Randall. What happened to him? Lang too? I was watching the radio so i didn't see.

Randall suffered a knee injury vs. the Bears. Lang has been bothered by a shoulder ailment over the last few weeks.

D

Deleted member 6794

McCarthy said that Abbrederis did everything in practice yeaterday but Montgomery hasn't made much progress.

D

Deleted member 6794

Bryan Bulaga (ankle), Demetri Goodson (illness), Ty Montgomery (ankle) and Julius Peppers (not injury related) didn't practice today.

T.J. Lang (shoulder), Corey Linsley (ankle), Nate Palmer (foot) and Josh Sitton (back) were limited participants.

Jared Abbrederis, Micah Hyde and Damarious Randall were full participants.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Out
WR Ty Montgomery (ankle)

Questionable
OT Bryan Bulaga (ankle)
G T.J. Lang (shoulder)
C Corey Linsley (ankle)
CB Damarious Randall (knee/hamstring)
C JC Tretter (ankle)

Probable
WR Jared Abbrederis (rib/chest)
CB Demetri Goodson (illness)
DB Micah Hyde (hip)
ILB Nate Palmer (foot)
G Josh Sitton (back)

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Desperately need Lang and Bulaga back. Don Barclay should be allowed to seek other opportunities. He's going to get Rogers killed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed, this is the time that one would think that Barclay's knee would be back to full health. I don't think that's an excuse anymore and he isn't playing nearly as well as he did in 2013.

Practice reports should come out today.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
IMO Barclay is a backup OG masquerading out of unfortunate necessity as a backup OT. The Packers are dangerously thin at OT and not because of injuries: There are two players designated as “T” on their roster, one designated T/G (Barclay). None on IR. And one, Jeremy Vujnovich, on the PS.

IMO Tretter, Walker, Barclay and Taylor provide pretty good backups inside but OT has to be replenished next season. Competition to Bakhtiari would be fantastic, but at the very least one addition who has a realistic chance of being an average backup OT is needed – and that aint Barclay.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our o line is already not that great IMO...and I'm referring to the starters! The backups are even worse. I hope the staff draws up some bootlegs and roll outs because Rodgers wil be running for his life come Sunday. The Cowboys are not that good but they get to the Qb. That bum Hardy is going to have a field day unless they do something with this o line and play calling.

D

Deleted member 6794

Our o line is already not that great IMO...and I'm referring to the starters! The backups are even worse. I hope the staff draws up some bootlegs and roll outs because Rodgers wil be running for his life come Sunday. The Cowboys are not that good but they get to the Qb. That bum Hardy is going to have a field day unless they do something with this o line and play calling.

The starters on the offensive line played extremely well during the second half of last season. For whatever reason they haven't been able to perform up to that level this year.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Beat me to it, captainWIMM. If you agree with that (the OL was very good during the second half of last season), what does that tell you about the way they've performed this season?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Maybe its just me, but considering we returned all 5 starters from last year, I expected a ton more out of our O-line this year. Yes, they have had their share of injuries, but come on. With nothing respectable on the bench backing up them up, its not a surprise our offense has struggled all year to get going. I'm even at the point where I have been wondering if there isn't a street free agent (or 2) out there that could do a better job starting or at minimum coming off the bench.

Hard to imagine this is not an area that is going to see some changes during the off season.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe its just me, but considering we returned all 5 starters from last year, I expected a ton more out of our O-line this year. Yes, they have had their share of injuries, but come on. With nothing respectable on the bench backing up them up, its not a surprise our offense has struggled all year to get going. I'm even at the point where I have been wondering if there isn't a street free agent (or 2) out there that could do a better job starting or at minimum coming off the bench.

Hard to imagine this is not an area that is going to see some changes during the off season.

Especially LT!! Idc what anyone says Bahk is terrible! and the numbers back up my statement. He is to slow to stay consistently in front of quicker guys, and My goodness it's hard watching him against a guy with some strength. He's in Rodgers lap so much mise well put a bib on the guy So Rodgers can burp him. He needs to get wayyyyy stronger. He's definitely the weakest link on the OL and he's the LT. He's gotta go I'm sorry. That spot has overtaken ilb as the #1 need IMO. noooo don't take an LT in the first round....but I wouldn't curse TT if he took one in the second.

D

Deleted member 6794

Especially LT!! Idc what anyone says Bahk is terrible! and the numbers back up my statement. He is to slow to stay consistently in front of quicker guys, and My goodness it's hard watching him against a guy with some strength. He's in Rodgers lap so much mise well put a bib on the guy So Rodgers can burp him. He needs to get wayyyyy stronger. He's definitely the weakest link on the OL and he's the LT. He's gotta go I'm sorry. That spot has overtaken ilb as the #1 need IMO. noooo don't take an LT in the first round....but I wouldn't curse TT if he took one in the second.

There's no reason to release Bakhtiari but I agree that he's the weakest link on the offensive line. I wouldn't mind bringing in a new left tackle next season, Bakhtiari would for sure be a decent back-up.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's no reason to release Bakhtiari but I agree that he's the weakest link on the offensive line. I wouldn't mind bringing in a new left tackle next season, Bakhtiari would for sure be a decent back-up.

I didn't mean outright cut him but he needs to be on the bench. Period.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Campen will coach 'em up just as he has for 9 years. Except for the run to the Championship in 2010 and the end of last year his o lines have been less than impressive.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...and at the beginning of this season, people on this forum were talking up Bahktiari's increasing game

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Campen will coach 'em up just as he has for 9 years. Except for the run to the Championship in 2010 and the end of last year his o lines have been less than impressive.
IIRC Philbin actually helped coach the OL after the bye week that season. Kinda why I'd want him back as a "consultant" this season.