Grossman Bashing:

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about a stat free way to settle it. Ask current NFL receivers who they'd rather have as their QB.

Then ask NFL corners who they'd rather play against.

Give them the choice of Brett Favre or Rex Grossman and then go bury your Bear head in your Bear...

Btw, Trent Dilfer already proved that a team can win the SB without the QB.

And that is why all of these free agent WRs are lining up to play in Green Bay right?
I keep hearing you guys say that Favre has never had any great WRs play with him. Why is that? Why have they not been dieing to go to Green Bay to hook up with Favre all these years?
Javon Walker says hi.
:rotflmao:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
maybe like all humans, they wanted more money??

Nahhhh pro athletes never care about money!

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought that the Packers were in good shape with the cap? If they are as close to being a contender as you say then why would they hold back money while Favre’s clock is ticking loader and loader?

Could it be that these players are not coming because Favre is not what he once was, the Packers are not a very good team and they can make that money playing in a place that is a lot more attractive to their lifestyles than Green Bay Wisconsin?

Without the chance at the post season and padding their own numbers they would rather play someplace else. Javon Walker thought so. So did Daren Sharper.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How did we change the topic from the worst QB ever to play in a SB to Packer WR woes?

Let's get back on topic, friends. If Grossman wasn't so horrible, I'd be blowing the money I made on the Bears' victory in Vegas right now instead of being at home reading Packerforum.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I thought that the Packers were in good shape with the cap? If they are as close to being a contender as you say then why would they hold back money while Favre’s clock is ticking loader and loader?

Could it be that these players are not coming because Favre is not what he once was, the Packers are not a very good team and they can make that money playing in a place that is a lot more attractive to their lifestyles than Green Bay Wisconsin?

Without the chance at the post season and padding their own numbers they would rather play someplace else. Javon Walker thought so. So did Daren Sharper.

Thompson has proven he’ll rely mainly on the draft to rebuild, but last year he showed he’s not averse to free agency when he surprisingly paid $10.5 million in first-year money to sign Woodson; signed Pickett to a four-year deal that averages $3.5 million and included $5 million in first-year bonuses; and signed Manuel as a lower-tier free agent with a $1.5 million bonus.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How did we change the topic from the worst QB ever to play in a SB to Packer WR woes?

Let's get back on topic, friends. If Grossman wasn't so horrible, I'd be blowing the money I made on the Bears' victory in Vegas right now instead of being at home reading Packerforum.
Well......thats what you GET for betting on the BEARS to win!!!! :rotflmao:

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:

All right, now that I've calmed down enough to be rational - you got me there Cheesy. :rotflmao:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Zombieslayer said:

All right, now that I've calmed down enough to be rational - you got me there Cheesy. :rotflmao:
LOL! Sorry Zombie! I was just trying to get you to laugh, instead of jumping off some bridge!!! :thumbsup:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Grossman played like a gross man. It was terrible. If it wasn't for Rex, the Bears would have won. The Bears will suck forever with Rex.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard that they are trying to get Rex to change his last name. They say it's too negative towards men in general. So next year he will be known as:
"Rex Grossperson!" :thumbsup:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I hear alot of trash talking from the GB Favre-o-philes about this guy, but lets have a look at his numbers when compared to a certain "Hall of Fame" QB this season.

G Gs Att Cmp % Yds YPA Lg Td Int 20+ 40+ Rate
Rex Grossman:16 16 480 262 54.6 3193 6.65 62 23 20 47 8 73.9

Brett Favre: 16 16 613 343 56.0 3885 6.34 82 18 18 49 8 72.7

Well it looks to me like Grossman is clearly the better QB. He has a better rating, more yards per attempt, more TDs. Favre only has more attempts and more yards, and a worse TD/INT ratio. Oh yeah, and Grossman didnt have a "Pro Bowl" reciever to work with. If Grossman is so terrible, how do you all get by saying that you hope Favre comes back next season to lead you all to the promise land? Grossman's first year starting, and he played better ball.

If Rex is indeed the better QB, why has he been benched and Brett has never been benched in favor of someone else starting?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow.........talk about digging up an OLD topic! (But it sure is fun to see!)
All the Wrecks lovers saying he is better then Favre........I'd love to see what they think now! Say......where IS old Phil anyway???

Phil said:"The Bears are a better team than the Packers and that is reality."

I wonder if he STILL believes that nonsense??? :lol:

Members online

Latest posts