Greg Jennings Packers HOF: Yes or No

Greg Jennings, do you put him in the Green Bay Packers HALL OF FAME?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 6794

Rodgers started the feud on the field with his comments towards the 49ers signing Greg during a contract year. This is reported from multiple sources. So you're wrong there. Also, when has Jennings bashed the Packers organization?

Geez, if Jennings can't deal with a comment like that and still holds a grudge because of it after seven years he needs to grow up.

You brought up that he wrote "Packers suck" on a Vikings helmet after a fan asked him to. That's all I need to know about the guy.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Geez, if Jennings can't deal with a comment like that and still holds a grudge because of it after seven years he needs to grow up.

You brought up that he wrote "Packers suck" on a Vikings helmet after a fan asked him to. That's all I need to know about the guy.

Yes, gloss over his accomplishments and focus on a joke he wrote to appease his new fans... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, gloss over his accomplishments and focus on a joke he wrote to appease his new fans... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
I’m more interested in the fact that he was content to run short routes because it was a “contract year”. Maybe Rodgers was irritated about that as well.

D

Deleted member 6794

Jennings should have found another way to appease his new fans. Unfortunately for him he wasn't able to without Rodgers throwing him the ball.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I take it that the fact Jennings was running short routes is possibly to protect himself from injury in his contract year? or is he trying to say that coaches want his numbers lower so that he doesn't ask for as much $$$?
if the former, then to me that is selfish in a team sport, and i was AR, i'd have probably had a bite, whether jokingly or not, at someone whom i possibly perceived as not being a team player.

but it's ok for him to focus so much on the (possible)joke that may have caused this beef.

double standards my man, he can't be pissed about what AR allegedly said, and think it's ok to write what he wrote with no comeback

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg Jennings has permanently barred himself from the Packer HOF after engaging in libel with Tyler Dunne of Bleacher Report.

Ban Jennings from ever entering 1265 and file a defamation lawsuit against Dunne.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jennings is definitely trying to make headlines when he bashes Rodgers as that's the only time he's relevant. I don't see any reason for #12 trying to smooth things with him.

Winner winner chicken dinner end of debate right here, any opposing posts are stupid, especially if they contain Cowherd videos in them with made up bs.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you asked this question around Thanksgiving of 2011 he's easily in according to most fans. That injury he had vs Oakland not only changed his season I felt like it stopped the Packers from potentially going undefeated. That next week they lost @KC- I don't believe they lose to them with a healthy Jennings who was playing great at the time. If that's the case they still beat Chicago and Detroit at home in the regular season. A big reason why they lost to the Giants is they were rusty. If they were playing for an undefeated season they play the regular starters week 17 vs Detroit and aren't as rusty vs the Giants. I have a hard time believing the 9ers beat the 2011 Packers in Lambeau. This was San Fran's first big year with Harbaugh being a rookie coach. Remember Alex Smith was their QB, not Kaepernick. SB they play NE, could have gone either way but considering how well we played in warm weather/domes that year I doubt we lose.

Jennings has burned too many bridges between McCarthy and Rodgers for me to say yes. He's trying to be the cool guy on FS1 and not a stand up guy unlike what I thought he was before he went to Minnesota.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The guy has taken every opportunity he can to denigrate and attempt to damage the Packers brand. Any on-field accomplishments in his resume are not enough to mitigate his wrongs. He hates the Packers for whatever petty, childish reason and that alone is more than enough that doesn't belong in the PHOF. He's not what Ron Wolf would call Packer people.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to think the team is capable of not being petty and can acknowledge the accomplishments Greg made while with the Packers.

We don't win Superbowl XLV without his 2 TD's. He also caught Favre's record breaking TD (421) against the Vikings.

Greg was one of my favorite players while he was with the team (so I'm biased). IMO his beef with Rodgers shouldn't prevent him from being in the Packers HOF.

That's not what should keep him out. What should keep him out is his campaign of actively trying to damage the entire Packers organization and its marketability to free agent players. Take off your Jennings fanboy glasses and use your brain here.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg Jennings has permanently barred himself from the Packer HOF after engaging in libel with Tyler Dunne of Bleacher Report.

Ban Jennings from ever entering 1265 and file a defamation lawsuit against Dunne.

Jennings didn't author or co-author the article. He was quoted as a source. Also the article doesn't meet the standard for a viable public figure libel suit.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's not what should keep him out. What should keep him out is his campaign of actively trying to damage the entire Packers organization and its marketability to free agent players. Take off your Jennings fanboy glasses and use your brain here.

Please demonstrate how he has attempted to damage THE ENTIRE Packers organization. He's taken shots at two members of the organization. I wasn't aware he took shots at literally everyone, the field, the town, the fans, the Packers hall of fame, the training staff, the positional coaches, etc.

I welcome your evidence of the above claims.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I figured someone would say that, I haven't found evidence of that myself. I've read he thought Mike McCarthy's coaching became a problem ... So, being critical of the coach and the QB doesn't mean he crapped on Lambeau field and the team's history. A player should be able to have an opinion without being blackballed by their franchise and their fans.

Look how pissed but still articulate Greg is here:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Greg also makes some good points here: https://www.foxsports.com/watch/undisputed/video/1472319555584

I don't think this is a guy who's trying to make headlines... but his opinion is getting traction. It's VERY odd that Rodgers hasn't tried to help smooth things over with Jennings.

I'd like to hear what Donald Driver has to say about this relationship. How did things start to go sour between Rodgers and Jennings. Just seems so odd.
It's pretty funny to me G and G 81. Why would any one want to "smooth over" things with someone who is badmouthing them? Also pretty funny how everyone believes what certain players have to say. Jennings is without question trying to make a name for himself and as far as I can see that strategy has backfired. I haven't heard as much as a squeak out of Jennings since Rodgers had a response. Sources are like you know whats - everybody has one or better yet, keeps them unnamed. Jennings is looking for pub plain and simple. Would anyone listen to him if he talked about other sports? Doubt it. One last thing, about him having an opinion - sure he does but sometimes those things are better left unsaid. If they aren't meant to hurt or gain something then why say them?

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's pretty funny to me G and G 81. Why would any one want to "smooth over" things with someone who is badmouthing them? Also pretty funny how everyone believes what certain players have to say. Jennings is without question trying to make a name for himself and as far as I can see that strategy has backfired. I haven't heard as much as a squeak out of Jennings since Rodgers had a response. Sources are like you know whats - everybody has one or better yet, keeps them unnamed. Jennings is looking for pub plain and simple. Would anyone listen to him if he talked about other sports? Doubt it. One last thing, about him having an opinion - sure he does but sometimes those things are better left unsaid. If they aren't meant to hurt or gain something then why say them?

If you watch the video from the post you quoted you would hear Jennings response to Rodgers.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have seen the video and for me it's real easy to see through those two clowns. EVERYTHING done in the media is done with a "what will this do for me" attitude. The video just proves to me that Jennings is a follower, someone that isn't talented enough to create their own niche. He gets to exploit things said that at the time he probably didn't give two craps about.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please demonstrate how he has attempted to damage THE ENTIRE Packers organization. He's taken shots at two members of the organization. I wasn't aware he took shots at literally everyone, the field, the town, the fans, the Packers hall of fame, the training staff, the positional coaches, etc.

I welcome your evidence of the above claims.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/trainingcam...ota-vikings-was-brainwashed-green-bay-packers

The POS doesn't belong in the PHOF and I doubt he ever will be. Get over it.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you watch the video from the post you quoted you would hear Jennings response to Rodgers.

I don't like Jennings either but he has mentioned why Green Bay was a perfect fit for him coming out of college. He said he was a family guy that wanted to focus on 100% football with no other distractions. FS1 has an agenda against Green Bay and he is their puppet.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Of course Greg should be given a job at The Packer Hall of Fame. Those glass cases don't clean themselves!

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't believe we're still having this discussion. In any case does anyone remember when Greg did this?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I can't believe we're still having this discussion. In any case does anyone remember when Greg did this?

You mean Greg hasn't blamed that on Rodgers?