The Trade No One Sees Coming Mock

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How many people have you mocked to the Packers that they drafted? Actually you do so many that it seems half the eligible class seems to be mentioned at one time or another. jk

To be fair I used to. As you see this year it’s one a month, and otherwise tons of discussionary prospect posts.

Have never claimed to be a prophet however, despite some placing that mindset upon me which is utterly false.

Just flat out love the draft process and prospect scouting.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be fair I used to. As you see this year it’s one a month, and otherwise tons of discussionary prospect posts.

Have never claimed to be a prophet however, despite some placing that mindset upon me which is utterly false.

Just flat out love the draft process and prospect scouting.
Not sure most mocks are predictions and more of, "if I was the GM, here is what I would do." I like reading them and appreciate the content.

Early returns show Gute has you beat by a mile. But I would have loved Bijan Robinson as a Packer (not that he was an option). But I am not sure how many of your later picks are doing. Maybe riding the pine on deeper teams and eventually succeed.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure most mocks are predictions and more of, "if I was the GM, here is what I would do." I like reading them and appreciate the content.

Early returns show Gute has you beat by a mile. But I would have loved Bijan Robinson as a Packer (not that he was an option). But I am not sure how many of your later picks are doing. Maybe riding the pine on deeper teams and eventually succeed.

I actually was just looking that over...few of note

Keion White is a beast for NE
Luke Schoonmaker is playing very similar snap counts for Dallas as Tucker Kraft is doing for us.
Tune is a backup as predicted
Howden surprisingly as a late day3 is playing 40% of his teams' snaps

This draft was good high, but day3 rough.

Reaction score
Gute is near genuius. Look what Reed (Pacing 768 yards and 8TD)
has done compared to Smith-Njigba. It’s almost like their draft placing was reversed. Then add to the fun that Gute traded back and selected Reed, Dontayvion Wicks and Karl Brooks? A+ GM trade

Somewhat related I think it’s also time for Gute haters to admit he wasn’t off on trading for Pick #26 in 2020. Well.. ok maybe wait until after KC’s #2 rated pass Defense comes to Town like Santa! :eek:

No one saw #26 coming should be the theme this year. He’s been everything you could ask for to date. If Love grows even the slightest bit? that will officially go down as the “best trade in the ‘20 draft”

Then Gute backed it up and Packered it up with #50,#149,#179 using 1 selection.

Last edited:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BTW The draft contest was born out of an argument with a certain poster on another site who proclaimed an inside source and posted rumors. He posted several mock drafts and I noted that of the over 60 names he listed, he did not get a single player. A feat I proved mathematically is difficult to do when you consider only 300-400 players in any given year are draftable. Rule out players the Packers don't need or don't fit the system and you maybe have 200 players. That works out to about a 30% chance to pick any one player, or 99% chance for hitting one when drafting 8 guys.

The 20 picks in the draft contest computes to about 67% chance to hit 1. Of course knowing what Gute looks for is becoming clearer and we can cut down the 200 draftable players. Drafting 12 guys also helps the odds.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BTW The draft contest was born out of an argument with a certain poster on another site who proclaimed an inside source and posted rumors. He posted several mock drafts and I noted that of the over 60 names he listed, he did not get a single player. A feat I proved mathematically is difficult to do when you consider only 300-400 players in any given year are draftable. Rule out players the Packers don't need or don't fit the system and you maybe have 200 players. That works out to about a 30% chance to pick any one player, or 99% chance for hitting one when drafting 8 guys.

The 20 picks in the draft contest computes to about 67% chance to hit 1. Of course knowing what Gute looks for is becoming clearer and we can cut down the 200 draftable players. Drafting 12 guys also helps the odds.

Never knew the background of it - I just know I enjoy it! :)

Reaction score
Yes, it's always a problem of mine. I tend to make yours and Dantes picks my own.
Good ideas. I just put down all players who visited GB AND have a RAS over 8 put strips of paper with names in a basket. Then I get some Chinese food and while eating a Spring roll with Red sauce (that part is vawy vawy impotent) I pull strips out like fortune cookie :ninja: (Bowing and Chinese Gong in background)
I call it Ancient Chinese Secret

Is it Sunday yet!?

Last edited:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

I'm amazing!!! My supernatural abilities to hit the big donut shocks even me!

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Robinson reminds me a lot of Ahman Green. He is slithery. He canslip through small holes, break outside, or cut back in. Will he hold up is the question.

Latest posts