Greg Jennings Packers HOF: Yes or No

Greg Jennings, do you put him in the Green Bay Packers HALL OF FAME?

• Total voters

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I kind of find this a bit ironic in a sense since some of you were on the opposing side regarding letting Jordy go rather than keeping him. Clearly he was starting to become injury prone and he had a drop in production in which Jordy, James Jones and Randall Cobb, Jermichael Finley were beating him out. He wasn't the same dynamic playmaker and he wanted to be paid like one when he wasn't. Would he have been an asset on the team, no doubt, but letting him go was fine and a good call.
I'm not sure what you're getting at? Jordy wasn't worth 10 million a season, and with a prime Jordy, ascending Cobb and Jones, Jennings took more guarantees from MN and left. I think Greg overplayed his hand a bit not taking GB's first offer, but that has nothing to do with the fact that he was a very good WR for this team. Touch catches, he made Rodgers look good as often as Rodgers made him. There was a catch against the Bears I think he twisted completely around running full speed one way to catch a ball that was far behind him, was able to contort in a way not many can, catch it, and then run I forgot how far for what I think was probabloy a 30-40 yard TD. That ball is probably tipped and then intercepted by most other WR's on that play. People undervalue what he brought when he was here.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would know that because I am a Packers fan and know that some of the opinions shared by several posters here do not represent the feelings of the whole fan base.

It's painfully obvious that opinions here don't line up with yours. However, the answer above doesn't help with the question of 'how would you know what are the feelings of the whole fan base?'.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you're getting at? Jordy wasn't worth 10 million a season, and with a prime Jordy, ascending Cobb and Jones, Jennings took more guarantees from MN and left. I think Greg overplayed his hand a bit not taking GB's first offer, but that has nothing to do with the fact that he was a very good WR for this team. Touch catches, he made Rodgers look good as often as Rodgers made him. There was a catch against the Bears I think he twisted completely around running full speed one way to catch a ball that was far behind him, was able to contort in a way not many can, catch it, and then run I forgot how far for what I think was probabloy a 30-40 yard TD. That ball is probably tipped and then intercepted by most other WR's on that play. People undervalue what he brought when he was here.
You said I was discounting/not giving him enough credit for what he did, when I said he was replaceable at the time he left. I then merely pointed out that everyone was beating him out in regards to production as well as the fact that he was injury prone. Then when factor that along with the money he was demanding, he was replaceable. Would it have been nice to keep him? Sure, but I certainly don't see him in the light as you all do.

InGuteWeTrust

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's painfully obvious that opinions here don't line up with yours. However, the answer above doesn't help with the question of 'how would you know what are the feelings of the whole fan base?'.
I am a part of the fan base genius. So I would know that some opinions expressed here do not represent the WHOLE fan base.

I also believe you have more than one screen name and your obsession with trying and failing to prove me wrong in nearly every post I make is stalker like behavior.

Buh bye now:tup:

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mine is not a popular take, but I'm of the opinion that, barring something criminal, Hall of Fames are based on what happened on the field. Hence,I think Jennings belongs in the Packers' HoF; much like TO, I don't really care about non-criminal off the field stuff.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am a part of the fan base genius. So I would know that some opinions expressed here do not represent the WHOLE fan base.

I also believe you have more than one screen name and your obsession with trying and failing to prove me wrong in nearly every post I make is stalker like behavior.

Buh bye now:tup:

So, by that definition, NOBODY represents the whole fan base, right? Then why bring it up?

Nope, whoever is addressing nearly every one of your posts isn't me, in any form. Somebody else is evidently doing a fine job.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jennings has absolutely no business in the Packers HOF. You don't make the PHOF based on stats alone, and honestly his stats aren't all that great anyway. He never had more than 80 catches and he had exactly ONE season that could unquestionably be construed as above average. If the bar is lowered to Jennings' stat line for PHOF entry, then why not lower it slightly more and put Bill Schroeder in there too?

Furthermore, the question is not simply what did a player do to help the team, but what has he done to HARM the team, and he has ACTIVELY attempted to do harm to the Packers every chance he gets. He goes out of his way to take jabs at former team members and coaches, as well as the front office. The fact is that he has intentionally tried to smear the image of the entire organization which has the potential effect of making the team less attractive to free agents and such. THESE are the actions for which he will most be remembered.

I would say any player under PHOF consideration should pass the "cheer test." If the player was introduced to the crowd at a game, would the player be cheered more, or booed more? There is no question in my mind, at least insofar as anyone who has followed this clown the last 6 years, that he would be overwhelmingly BOO'ed with great enthusiasm.

Being considered for the PHOF isn't a right, it's a privilege. And privileges can be pissed away and Jennings has more than sufficiently done that.

Eff 'im.

Last edited:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
When this thread was originally posted, I said "No. But I wouldn't be all busted up if he did go in."

I've never been one to get all worked up about guys shooting their mouth off and Greg was always a talker ... Sharper was like that too.

Attitudes about a player's worth soften over time much the same way that bad President's get let off the hook for their crap with the passage of time.

I've always subscribed to the "once a Packer..." but was always able to create an 11th level of hell for guys who go to the Vikings and then talk ****. Ryan Shankwell, Favre and Jennings all talked **** after leaving. The only one that didn't was Sharper...who created his own 12th level of hell.

At some point, Jennings will go in to the Packers Hall ... but I think there are a few others more deserving, starting with the grounds crew.

Jenn .uk ngs should make his alma mater's HOF though - wasn't that Jack and Harry's East North East Michigan PolyTechnical Institute of Book Learnin'?

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@If the bar is lowered to Jennings' stat line for PHOF entry, then why not lower it slightly more and put Bill Schroeder in there too?”

SLIGHTLY?? 571 rec vs 304 .... 8291 yards vs 4500???

Definitely one if the stupidest and/or most transparent statements I’ve seen here over the years

What’s next... lobbying for Janis? Schroeder was a team CANCER pffft

D

Deleted member 6794

Jennings has absolutely no business in the Packers HOF. You don't make the PHOF based on stats alone, and honestly his stats aren't all that great anyway. He never had more than 80 catches and he had exactly ONE season that could unquestionably be construed as above average.

Jennings definitely had more than one above average season with the Packers. He had three consecutives years in which he caught balls for more than 1,100 yards as well as five above 920 out of only seven seasons in Green Bay.

In addition only James Jones had better numbers as a rookie receiver for the Packers than him in the last 30 years.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jennings definitely had more than one above average season with the Packers. He had three consecutives years in which he caught balls for more than 1,100 yards as well as five above 920 out of only seven seasons in Green Bay.

In addition only James Jones had better numbers as a rookie receiver for the Packers than him in the last 30 years.

Those still are not PHOF numbers to me. For a guy who is supposed to be the #1 option, those aren't particularly impressive numbers. They're certainly not anywhere near enough to mitigate the vitriol he constantly spews at the entire organization, which MUST be strongly considered.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only reason his numbers weren’t better was having 3 other passing options that were really good too. And he didn’t stick around for another contract. Greg Jennings was a really good WR. Since I was more than some snot nosed kid and paying attention to football I’d say only Lofton and Sterling were better.

I saw Billy play and was nowhere near Jennings caliber.

D

Deleted member 6794

Those still are not PHOF numbers to me. For a guy who is supposed to be the #1 option, those aren't particularly impressive numbers. They're certainly not anywhere near enough to mitigate the vitriol he constantly spews at the entire organization, which MUST be strongly considered.

You were talking about Jennings only having one above average season. As I've mentioned before in my opinion he's a borderline Packers HOFer and because of his antics after he left the team shouldn't be inducted.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not going to read a bunch of posts about Greg Jennings, just dont care enough.

So if someone said this already, I apologize:

If Greg Jennongs goes into the Packer HOF he will have to buy a ticket just like the rest of us.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He belongs in the Traitor/Backstabbing Hall of Fame along with Benedict Arnold, Judas Iscariot, Brutus, Favre etc.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It’ll be a cold day in hell when Jennings gets into the Packers’s HOF. Meaning - no way. He was a decent player when he had #12 throwing to him. Didn’t go so well after that, but he keeps running his mouth. Good riddance.

Reaction score
Boy. Tough crowd.
Remind me not to do any stand up comedy in here:eek:

Last edited:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have an expression here "Monkey Spanker" or "chicken strangler", but I don`t think they mean the same thing !!.....:D
"Barclays banker" is another one.....lol
“Monkey Spanker?” That’s strange even by your unique standards Buggy. But I did LMAO!

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No. In my view, a hall of famer, be it Packers or NFL, isn't someone you should have to think about. It should be a no-brainer. With Jennings, I have to try and convince myself he's deserving, which means he's really not.
Outstanding method to determine a HOFer. If you have to think about it, the answer is probably no.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There would be a lot fewer people in the HOF if that were the standard.
No I don’t think it should be a standard. I’m just applying it to this situation with Jennings. Clearly, a number of opinions, pro and con, need to be gathered first. All that said, I don’t think Jennings should be considered for the Packer HOF (just my opinion) and now wish I had left it at that.

Members online

Latest posts