Good luck, Chicaco

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, I didn't think he was going to go ********* so quickly. Already starting to destroy the Bears and the season hasn't even started yet.

Good news for us...

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Big Deal...

Lovey says they listen to players suggestions...It's called, being "open" to ideas...unlike the sick, perverted, egotistical, catatonic Ted Thompson, who can only listen to the wind rattling around in his head....

If he listened to Favre, we'd probably have another SB ring by now..

Wolfe "listened" to people....

What is this Svengali like hold that the Mr. 31-33 has over you people?

It must be out of fear because TT has stacked all the chips on himself, and it's sink or swim time. The pressure must be tremendous....

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Big Deal...

Lovey says they listen to players suggestions...It's called, being "open" to ideas...unlike the sick, perverted, egotistical, catatonic Ted Thompson, who can only listen to the wind rattling around in his head....

If he listened to Favre, we'd probably have another SB ring by now..

Wolfe "listened" to people....

What is this Svengali like hold that the Mr. 31-33 has over you people?

It must be out of fear because TT has stacked all the chips on himself, and it's sink or swim time. The pressure must be tremendous....

If Ted only listed to Brett like Sherman did..

Your new avatar

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

sweetvalleyhigh

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course they will listen to him most employers value the opinions of their employees. This doesn’t happen at fast food restaurants or discount store chains possibly this is why the concept is foreign to some of you.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So how come when Brett Favre offered his input to the Packers he was not called a jag off?
Packer fans sound really desperate to find something to talk about the Bears QB situation. Like whistling as they walk past the cemetery.

As least Cutler knows how to spell Chicago.
The Packers QB could not even spell his own name.

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was not??? Why do you think he was traded anyway???
And do not compare both situations. One guy was a great veteran that had won a super bowl with this team and was the starting quarterback since god knows when. The other is a young quarterback that, although very promising, has a loosing record in 3 seasons with the broncos, and hasn't started a single game for his new franchise...
-
But for the record, I'm watching the Broncos x 49ers game, and Orton sucks so bad. 3 ints...

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im not sure i even get the just of this post ... the bears seem to be in good shap this season ... from what i hear most in chiago really like Cutler as QB ... so im not sure where this post is going but i believe the bears will eighter be 1 or 2 in the devison ... im more worried about where the pack will be ... i mean we are the team coming off a loosing season void of playoffs ... but what eve

BearDown!

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wait, so Cutler wants a say in the final roster? What a terrible thing. I mean, these are guys he's been playing with at practice and getting to know on and off the field. So, shouldn't he have a say in the guys that he's going to be playing with for the rest of the year. I'd hate to see a guy that he had good chemistry with get cut or not be put in a good spot in the depth chart.

Nice try boys.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
If there are 2 fighting for one spot and a coach says, I am going with so-so only cuz Jay wants him is asking for trouble...

Just cuz he has good chemistry with a player does not mean that player gets an automatic roster spot..or even a preferred placement on the depth chart

I wish you would have said that Bear-Down, wouldnt make you look as crazy

BearDown!

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I was basing my post on the article of the story, "Cutler Wants Say in Final Roster." I believe Cutler should have a say in the final roster. Does Lovie have to follow it? No because as Lovie said in the article:

"Yeah, sure, all the players have influence, I mean we listen to them," he said. "Of course we'll listen to the quarterback, and not only the quarterback, but the rest of our team, too. We want to know how a player fits into the rest of the group. The quarterback has to feel comfortable with the receivers, so we listen to them but in the end we know who is going to make those kinds of decisions."

And can one of you actually show me where Cutler demands he gets a say in the final roster? From my understanding, he was asked if he'd offer an opinion and he said yes. I don't think that has any negative effect on the team whatsoever.

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So how come when Brett Favre offered his input to the Packers he was not called a jag off?
Packer fans sound really desperate to find something to talk about the Bears QB situation. Like whistling as they walk past the cemetery.

As least Cutler knows how to spell Chicago.
The Packers QB could not even spell his own name.

That's the point Phil, BF was called a "******" by these hypocrites here...

This is just another left handed shot at Favre and a cover up for TT, since their God Thompson doesn't listen to anybody...and the fools in GB like it that way in their blind loyalty...It's just another empty rationalization to support the idiocy of Ted Thompson...whom no one should dare ever question...

America

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Players should play, coaches should coach, refs should ref, and GMs should handle the roster. Players shouldn't try to handle the roster, or coach, or referee. Referees shouldn't try to coach, coaches shouldn't try to play, GMs shouldn't try to coach, etc. etc. etc.

If the GM wants to ask Cutler, or anybody else, about what they think then that's fine. But he's not under any obligation to and IMO Cutler is out of line for saying that he wants input on the final roster. Cutler has as much to prove as anybody and he should concentrate on doing his job well instead of trying to do the GM's job too.

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would be pissed if Rodgers all of sudden wanted to make Roster spot decisions. He place is to play QB, complete passes and not make mistakes.

I figured the same would go for Bears fans as well. (any team for that matter...)

danielchile

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cutler has as much to prove as anybody and he should concentrate on doing his job well instead of trying to do the GM's job too.

He has more to prove than anybody for everything that happened during the offseason. Made too much noise for nothing, acted like a jerk with his ex-team and supporters and duh bears spent a lot to acquire him.

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He has more to prove than anybody for everything that happened during the offseason. Made too much noise for nothing, acted like a jerk with his ex-team and supporters and duh bears spent a lot to acquire him.
I disagree that it was for nothing. He acted like a jerk and like a primadonna, alright, but it wasn't for nothing. But the new coach publicly tried to trade for a guy, because he thought he wouldn't fit the scheme even before working him out. Then he lied on his face about it. It wasn't over nothing. He overreacted and handled things poorly? Sure. But that coach is a joke, and the administration is even worse for backing him up.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is all just 3rd grade gossip stuff.
No QB, and I mean NO QB will ever even come close to being the drama queen prima donna that Brett Favre was and is and you worshiped the corn in his poop.

Packer fans were also encouraging their kids to yell obscenities at Aaron Rodgers after Favre decided to “un-retire” last year and now you act like he is God after playing one whole year.
Talk about immature.
Jay Cutler has nothing on the Packers fans or the way the team dealt with their own *****y QB.[FONT=&quot] :man_in_love:

[/FONT] “I don’t feel I need to sell myself to fans. They need to get on board now or keep their mouths shut”

~Aaron Rodgers

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree that it was for nothing. He acted like a jerk and like a primadonna, alright, but it wasn't for nothing. But the new coach publicly tried to trade for a guy, because he thought he wouldn't fit the scheme even before working him out. Then he lied on his face about it. It wasn't over nothing. He overreacted and handled things poorly? Sure. But that coach is a joke, and the administration is even worse for backing him up.

A voice of reason!

If Cutler turns out to be a total bust then I will never fault the Bears for making this move.
It was the right thing to do.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts