Glad we didn't trade Hundley this offseason

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I didn't forsee any other avenue that made any sense. Hundley will grow into the job and get better each week. That is one smart dude.

What grinds my beans is the number of guys going down and/or appearing to give up.

We're going to see just who has the heart to play here.

Better get used to the notion that #12 ain't coming back this year. I've heard it's a clean break... There may be a good number of fans jumping off the bandwagon because the Pack are no longer the team to beat ... But... I'm not one of them.

Go Pack. Damnit...

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't forsee any other avenue that made any sense. Hundley will grow into the job and get better each week. That is one smart dude.

What grinds my beans is the number of guys going down and/or appearing to give up.

Better get used to the notion that #12 ain't coming back this year. I've heard it's a clean break... There may be a good number of fans jumping off the bandwagon because the Pack are no longer the team to beat ... But... I'm not one of them.

Go Pack. Damnit...

We've had fans here call the season done in weeks 1-2 before with a healthy Rodgers.

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh I wasn't questioning Hundley is our guy, it's just plan B scenarios which would assume the worst case for Rodgers timetable and that Hundley had played so bad we lost to the Browns because of it. Those were just two names I threw out there just in case we had to do some shopping. I like the idea of going young too but don't believe there's really any other Jared Goffs out there to grab atm.

Honestly... People were calling Goff TRASH last year

And I have a place in LA and there are a lot of ("new") "Rams fans" LOL...

I get that they moved from Missouri/St. Louis to Cali but still...

I believe that Hundley has the same physical tools as Goff and BRAINS too... Gotta trust the UCLA guy haha

It will be interesting..

If Hundley wants/needs the "weapons" to do it, he has them

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Go Pack. Damnit...

Well, let's not kid ourselves. Even for non bandwagoners it's not easy lowering expectations when winning has been in our DNA. But having said that, even though I don't think Rodgers's career is over, he's not going to play forever and when he's done we're likely going to be dealing with more games like this. I only hope it won't be another long wait as it was for those 29 years between Starr and Favre.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly... People were calling Goff TRASH last year

And I have a place in LA and there are a lot of ("new") "Rams fans" LOL...

I get that they moved from Missouri/St. Louis to Cali but still...

I believe that Hundley has the same physical tools as Goff and BRAINS too... Gotta trust the UCLA guy haha

It will be interesting..

If Hundley wants/needs the "weapons" to do it, he has them

Yeah, I think personally MM needs to fix this running game and demote Montgomery. I was also yelling for Ripkowski to get the ball on short yardage today.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
I hope as of now hes going to get much more work with the first squad this week. Build that chemistry up and who knows.

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hundley looked rusty and made some bad decisions which showed he didn't have a lot of reps.

His first throw, which was an interception, was obviously a "rust" throw. I don't believe he's that innaccurate to miss Geronimo that badly, but then again I don't believe he's had a lot of reps with Geronimo to begin with LOL

His second interception was again a display of lack of reps as he obviously didn't see Hunter Smith(who is a great safety obviously) and he just didn't see him it looked like... That just shows he most likely didn't have a lot of reps, I just don't believe he's that bad to make such a poor decision consistently

The important thing to takeaway were the POSITIVE plays he made:
1. The back shoulder throw for 26 yards to Jordy on the sideline is a pass that most NFL quarterbacks can NOT make
2. The touchdown pass to Davante showed he can use his legs to extend plays and throw on the move(although he was wide open)
3. The second touchdown pass(that was dropped) showed that he can make hot reads

Many other negatives like "sensing pressure" around the cornerwill come with reps and game reps I believe.. but his knock has always been the "internal clock"

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
I would look for some released or lineman who were close to making a team, before getting a QB who would look at this line and how there is practically no protection for him to sign...

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score

Go Pack. Damnit...
If they jump off the band wagon don’t get on any time soon, if fans remember the Packs bad years and stayed they will stick around no matter what..

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
3 picks and took 4 sacks.....
Hundley was a big disappointment. He looked the same in the preseason. Inaccurate, no pocket presence, poor accuracy, can't read defenses. We are so cooked.

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think ya'll are being too ******* Hundley given the circumstances
... The Vikings defense is pretty good the last time I checked too, so....

I say give him at least one NFL regular season start and judge it based off that

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think ya'll are being too ******* Hundley given the circumstances
... The Vikings defense is pretty good the last time I checked too, so....

I say give him at least one NFL regular season start and judge it based off that
Ok, we'll come and visit this post in a few games...I doubt we'll win a game with Hundley.

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just going off tangible things...

This is a pretty bad team without AR but Hundley didn't look bad enough for me to just call him trash just yet

Rust was there...
1st int was thrown BEHIND Geronimo
2nd int he threw it RIGHT TO a Pro Bowl safety

But he also made some pretty good plays and nice throws too

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just going off tangible things...

This is a pretty bad team without AR but Hundley didn't look bad enough for me to just call him trash just yet

Rust was there...
1st int was thrown BEHIND Geronimo
2nd int he threw it RIGHT TO a Pro Bowl safety

But he also made some pretty good plays and nice throws too
His pocket presence has always been awful and I'm not sure experience is going to help that much.

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His pocket presence has always been awful and I'm not sure experience is going to help that much.

You're probably right, he just needs to develop a clock in his head or some kind of sense... which you would hope that experience would help

We will see though. He has the arm and the WRs to do it with

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're probably right, he just needs to develop a clock in his head or some kind of sense... which you would hope that experience would help

We will see though. He has the arm and the WRs to do it with
I remember one particular play where he began scrambling and his eyes never once looked past the LOS ... I just don't think he has that "it" factor necessary to be successful in the NFL.

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember one particular play where he began scrambling and his eyes never once looked past the LOS ... I just don't think he has that "it" factor necessary to be successful in the NFL.

that was the play where he tucked it eventually and ran for like 2 yards I think...

Yeah I don't know...

At the same time, his touchdown pass to Davante could be considered a play "extended with his feet" so it goes both ways

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope there's no bias against him b/c he's black...

Just being honest here lol

I seriously hope and want him to succeed

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope there's no bias against him b/c he's black...

Just being honest here lol

I seriously hope and want him to succeed
I'd like him to succeed as well.... just not sure he can .....not even going to give your first comment a response.

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like him to succeed as well.... just not sure he can .....not even going to give your first comment a response.

The Oline and lack of running game are huge questions

But the arm talent and wide receivers are there... at least I believe so

This makes it very interesting IMO

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
To answer the OP.....should we have traded Brett Hundley? Yes, we should have traded him for Anthony Barr! :coffee:

Members online

Latest posts