Glad we didn't trade Hundley this offseason

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you watch Hundley in preseason? The guy has regressed since the first preseason. He looked the same yesterday. He made a few plays and then tossed ints., looked lost, and sucked.

he has looked like he has regressed but you also have to take into account that he had ZERO reps with the first team...which was CONFIRMED

and also the situation... I don't believe he had ANY idea that he would have taken a single snap yesterday

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he has looked like he has regressed but you also have to take into account that he had ZERO reps with the first team...which was CONFIRMED

and also the situation... I don't believe he had ANY idea that he would have taken a single snap yesterday
Well...it looked like Hundley thought he was on easy street collecting checks, and when his number was called he wasn't prepared. Blame MM too. This is Hundley's third year I really thought he would be better than the crap I watched yesterday.

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well...it looked like Hundley thought he was on easy street collecting checks, and when his number was called he wasn't prepared. Blame MM too. This is Hundley's third year I really thought he would be better than the crap I watched yesterday.

I mean yeah I get that mentality...

With AR and Favre before him you never really "expect" to play...pretty much AT ALL lol as a back up QB for the Green Bay Packers

But given the situation, he made a few nice throws and plays which showed he has the physical tools to be successful

Wayne Gregory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he was thrown into a terrible situation with no help from a bad defense, expect for the one interception...

no practice reps either I'm assuming
I agree.... What bothers me about Huntley is it seems he has no pocket awareness! Like he has no clue he is about to be pummeled!
Dont know if you can teach that.

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree.... What bothers me about Huntley is it seems he has no pocket awareness! Like he has no clue he is about to be pummeled!
Dont know if you can teach that.

that's true... he's never really had that

We will just have to wait and see then

D

Deleted member 6794

The ONLY guy i would consider trading for is Cousins(if he were available) but that would mean giving up on AR, which is stupid

There's no way any other team would trade its starting quarterback during the season. In addition the Packers don't have enough cap space to acquire Cousins.

I think Monty was twisted around too much and probably didn't realize he had nobody around him and was bracing himself for a hit and trying to stretch it out for a TD, when all he had to do was secure the ball and walk in.

There's absolutely no doubt Montgomery has to make that catch, especially with the Packers trying to tie the game having Hundley playing quarterback.

Well by then we'd likely be 4-4 and doubtful any veteran QB available is going to save the season at that point anyway.

I highly doubt there's any veteran quarterback available capable of saving the Packers season.

I guess Hundley to improve over the course of the season while getting all first team reps in practice and being prepared as the starter. If you expect him to perform on Rodgers' level you will definitely get disappointed though.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess Hundley to improve over the course of the season while getting all first team reps in practice and being prepared as the starter. If you expect him to perform on Rodgers' level you will definitely get disappointed though.
If he can perform better than he did in the preseason I'll be happy. And, this bad QB should stop throwing Ints.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Hundley has nowhere to go but up with his stats (regular season):

Completions: 21
Attempts: 44
Comp. %47.7
Yards: 174
Yds/attempt: 4.0
TD's: 1
Int.: 4
Sacks: 4
Rushes: 4
Yds: 1
Fumbles: 2
QBR: 28

D

Deleted member 6794

If he can perform better than he did in the preseason I'll be happy.

I fully expect Hundley to improve over his preseason performance this year but you have to consider he will face significantly more talented defenses as well.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I fully expect Hundley to improve over his preseason performance this year but you have to consider he will face significantly more talented defenses as well.

It will probably be the front line story of tomorrow's game, "How will Hundley do as the replacement QB". I am giving him a bit of a pass on last week, although he should have been "ready" at any point when he is the #2. Other than last week, Hundley is basically an "NFL regular season ******" and I expect him to probably play like one. But yeah, night and day difference between what a QB can do in the preseason VS what he can do in a "real" game.

D

Deleted member 6794

It will probably be the front line story of tomorrow's game, "How will Hundley do as the replacement QB". I am giving him a bit of a pass on last week, although he should have been "ready" at any point when he is the #2.

It seemed the coaching staff wasn't prepared to have Hundley in the game vs. the Vikings either. That definitely didn't help his performance.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seemed the coaching staff wasn't prepared to have Hundley in the game vs. the Vikings either. That definitely didn't help his performance.
While that is true, with the number of injuries they were dealing with, I'm not sure how much time they could afford to dedicate to the possibility of having to play Hundley. It's true that they started that game with the starting O line.. but I think even that was unclear until the end of the week.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts