Glad we didn't trade Hundley this offseason

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I don't see TT and the Packers "replacing" Hundley with anyone. They will bring in another QB yes, but not with the intention of replacing Hundley. This is TT's guy, replacing him is not in the MO of the Packer organization.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see TT and the Packers "replacing" Hundley with anyone. They will bring in another QB yes, but not with the intention of replacing Hundley. This is TT's guy, replacing him is not in the MO of the Packer organization.
McCarthy already named Callahan the number 2.... so they may not even bring anyone in right away.... Callahan will have to be called up so... I guess someone is getting IR'd (Rodgers ?)... or released.... ( not Rodgers lol).

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy already named Callahan the number 2.... so they may not even bring anyone in right away.... Callahan will have to be called up so... I guess someone is getting IR'd (Rodgers ?)... or released.... ( not Rodgers lol).

I see no reason not to put Rodgers on IR. He'll be out at least 8 weeks, which is the minimum time required to spend on it prior to returning.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he was thrown into a terrible situation with no help from a bad defense, expect for the one interception...

no practice reps either I'm assuming

But he been for a year n 1/2 . Not really different than any other back ups coming in. He did not complete a single average scoring drive. All our points came after turnovers where we had a very short field. The people complained about defense but 23 points allowed when have 3 interceptions, not that bad. We would not have had the 10 points without them. He looked good in pre season against people many of whom will never play in actual NFL game. Plus our lack of a running game will be exposed without Rodger passing game. We need to sign quality QB. Who is out there RGIII, Kapernick, maybe Romo. If Matt Flynn if still in shape he might be an option. Or we trade for someone. If we don't make a move our seasons is over.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I see no reason not to put Rodgers on IR. He'll be out at least 8 weeks, which is the minimum time required to spend on it prior to returning.
His last time was the non throwing shoulder..

Not sure if this one will require more time

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But he been for a year n 1/2 . Not really different than any other back ups coming in. He did not complete a single average scoring drive. All our points came after turnovers where we had a very short field. The people complained about defense but 23 points allowed when have 3 interceptions, not that bad. We would not have had the 10 points without them. He looked good in pre season against people many of whom will never play in actual NFL game. Plus our lack of a running game will be exposed without Rodger passing game. We need to sign quality QB. Who is out there RGIII, Kapernick, maybe Romo. If Matt Flynn if still in shape he might be an option. Or we trade for someone. If we don't make a move our seasons is over.

RGIII??

He couldn't even stick around on the Browns.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RGIII??

He couldn't even stick around on the Browns.

Most likely you are correct but is the wrong move this time.

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't understand the reasoning for a "trade"

It will be a stopgap or "band aid" as AR will be back next year at the very worst... This isn't "career ending" LOL

The question MAY be (and I made a separate thread about this) how much longer does AR have??? He's getting beat up a lot.

So it becomes a thing to see how good Hundley is and if he has a future here(if possible) or any trade value down the line

About the FAs:
NOOOOOOOOOOO to Kaepernick there is no chance in hell he would be able to pick up our playbook, especially this quickly
No amount of money could get Romo, a late 30s, aging, out of shape "retired" athlete with a bad back...to play behind the Packers Oline
RG3, I like him, but he couldn't even get a job with the Browns so.... lol

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree... I was referring to the released part lol.

JP Doyal

AR12
Reaction score
I think we need to see a full game from Brett Hundley first before judging him fully. This was a tough situation to be thrown into especially again that defense. He showed signs of potential with that back shoulder throw and the one he threw while rolling to his left. I think with a week to prepare, building some confidence, and confidence from his teammates. You could literally see the WRs just bummed so bad its like they weren't even giving Hundley a chance.
If he is absolutely horrible at least they have a bye to figure what to do...

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eli said intends to retire a Giant

And he's under contract. As bad as the Giants are, no way they part with the guy who gives them the best chance to win.

Btw, in case anyone forgot, Flynn in his first serious relief duty against Detroit had no TD passes and our offense managed a measly 3 points. Hundley can say a little more than that at least. I still am concerned about our running game struggles though because I think he's gotta get help from it.

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And he's under contract. As bad as the Giants are, no way they part with the guy who gives them the best chance to win.

not just that, but why trade for a "band aid"?

That's just f***ing stupid as AR will be back next year

The only QB I would want to trade for is Cousins, as I believe he could excel with Adams/Nelson/Cobb, but that would mean giving up on AR

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not just that, but why trade for a "band aid"?

That's just f***ing stupid as AR will be back next year

The only QB I would want to trade for is Cousins, as I believe he could excel with Adams/Nelson/Cobb, but that would mean giving up on AR

Yeah my choices were for guys who could come in short term and be released as soon as season was up. No they aren't thrilling but ... At least any better backup than Dan Orlovsky lol.

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah my choices were for guys who could come in short term and be released as soon as season was up. No they aren't thrilling but ... At least any better backup than Dan Orlovsky lol.

It's lose lose b/c none of those backups can/will take this team deep into the PS, much less the Super Bowl

Would be a waste of pick
And hurt our draft stock if we got to be like, let's say, 8-8...

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's lose lose b/c none of those backups can/will take this team deep into the PS, much less the Super Bowl

Would be a waste of pick
And hurt our draft stock if we got to be like, let's say, 8-8...

Yeah if we get anyone, it won't likely be via trade unless it comes at a pretty low price. We are committed to Hundley and should be, but when you're in limbo, always gotta have a plan B.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, we'll come and visit this post in a few games...I doubt we'll win a game with Hundley.
Ooh... I'll take that bet. In fact, I'll even give you 10:1 odds that he does win a game. How much are you putting down on that?

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, we'll come and visit this post in a few games...I doubt we'll win a game with Hundley.

Willing to place a friendly wager? Hundley is going to win at least 1 game probably more.

annuvin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw Kaepernick's name floated around, and while he might be more skilled than Hundley, I'm not sure we wanna go there either, and it has nothing to do with off the field stuff and everything about on the field performance. I mean since the mid point of 2014 on out, his play has just been awful. Terrible decision-making on his throws. Also didn't understand that one poster who said he knew the west coast offense cuz I guarantee you that offense he ran under Harbaugh/Roman is vastly different from MM's. And last but not least for him to succeed, he has to have a dominant 2k rusher on his team like Frank Gore was. We can't offer him a run game here.

FWIW, the drop in Kap's play had a lot to do with the entire 49er franchise falling into decline. It's hard to look good when everyone around you is failing. Prior to that, Kap led his team to the SB, which is something a lot of very good QBs in the league have yet to do.

That being said, the Packers owe Hundley a chance. His role up to now was to practice, learn and prepare in the event something like this were to happen. If he was never considered "the guy" to replace Rodgers in the event of a disaster like this, why would the team waste their time and his paying him for nothing?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I think we need to see a full game from Brett Hundley first before judging him fully. This was a tough situation to be thrown into especially again that defense. He showed signs of potential with that back shoulder throw and the one he threw while rolling to his left. I think with a week to prepare, building some confidence, and confidence from his teammates. You could literally see the WRs just bummed so bad its like they weren't even giving Hundley a chance.
If he is absolutely horrible at least they have a bye to figure what to do...

While I get this sympathy of "tough game for Hundley to get thrown into". Shouldn't Hundley or any backup for that matter, be prepared to be called into play at anytime? Yes, knowing you are starting might up your preparing, but Hundley should have always been prepared....especially with the recent state of the OL.

Let's hope a this week, he gets REALLY prepared.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts