Game 7 - Minnesota- Studs and Duds

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That we can do nothing offensively in the first quarter is baffling. And running Dillon straight into the line near the end zone and there is not really much time left, is kind of like slamming your own dam face into the wall.

Reaction score
I listened to the game first. It gives a little different perspective. I just watched the condensed game.

Studs:
-DL, Gary, TJ Slaton, Preston, Colby,

Matt successfully using Dillon in the passing game.

-Run Defense. Just Having Campbell back was noticeable. We focused on their Run game and our entire DL was very involved.

Duds:
-Secondary playing a softer “zone” coverage. Had it not been for good DL play we could’ve allowed 31 points
-J’aire played D+ level and it was hard to watch. He’s obviously still hurt or somethings wrong
-WR and TE not fighting for the catch
WR/TE not blocking when they should and then blocking when they shouldn’t (illegal blocking)
-Walker. I’m sorry if this rubs anyone because he was a camp darling..but he’s just not playing good and I’ll leave it at that. We need to fix that Numero Uno next draft or expect more of these painful hardships.

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Today was Slaton’s far and above most complete game he has had as a pro. He is the best stud and closely followed in my opinion by Preston and then Whelan.

Duds, yet again OL is the top three in my opinion. I’m on the verge of saying trade Elgton if someone will give ya a serious return, draft three of our first five picks along the OL front and Hope only Tom earns a spot back out of our “starters”.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also since it was discussed, say we do get the first overall…you trade that son of a ***** for a kings ransom, load up on freaking starting OL, a stud safety and some other pieces, have a **** load of capital for next year then IF Love and one more year experienced newbs show in 2024 they simply don’t have it still and draft the future QB in 2024 and likely have some draft capital even to go with your two firsts.

Reaction score
Also since it was discussed, say we do get the first overall…you trade that son of a ***** for a kings ransom, load up on freaking starting OL, a stud safety and some other pieces, have a **** load of capital for next year then IF Love and one more year experienced newbs show in 2024 they simply don’t have it still and draft the future QB in 2024 and likely have some draft capital even to go with your two firsts.
I’ve been doing that exactly in my Mocks. Then garnering several extra 2nd rounders and yet still picking in the earlier 20’s. At our W/L now, if our primary guy wasn’t there? We could back up once or twice grabbing a bully Defender as a top 10-15 pick such as Zer’han and then still get an extra pair of early 2nd Rounders. Pick 4 times in the top 50 hitting OL twice. Maybe even a LT, OC, Guard by earlier Round 4 and get this fixed.

I’d also plug 1 more WR and TE but 1 mid tier veteran FA with adequate experience. A known quantity if you will. Then add a RB earlier Day 3. Of course if Marvin is there at #5 or #7 I’d have a hard time passing him up. I also like that RB from Texas, he’s not Bijan but he’s not a far cry

Last edited:

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You hit that on the head. Maybe add ST? for the blocked FG. Also Preston had a pretty nice game with some pressures and a TD savings Pass Defensed.
I liked what Keisean brought to the defense too. He brings the hammer and I like that.

Last edited:

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
-Walker. I’m sorry if this rubs anyone because he was a camp darling..but he’s just not playing good and I’ll leave it at that. We need to fix that Numero Uno next draft or expect more of these painful hardships.
Walker is terrible.

OP
OP
PikeBadger

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Who the hell are we beating to win two more games?
Denver beat KC today by 2 td's. I can see us straightening out this mess and going on a 3 game win streak. I remember how horribly dysfunctional the offense looked last year at this time as well.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score

No. You keep Williams if you get #1. We'll have two second-rounders next year and free agency to help build the offensive line. You trade Love for a later round pick and get a vet to help run camp and lose a few games before handing the reigns over to Williams.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hat are the chances that MLF gets fired if we go something like 4-13?

IMHO, I believe there is a near zero percent chance that MLF is fired unless there is a complete collapse in the locker room and zero improvement in the 2nd part of the season. Reasoning being is that I don't think Murphy will want to name a new GM/coach when he will be out in July 2025 and rather just work with whomever the new President will be to decide on a new coach/GM after the 2024 season if 2024 is a dumpster fire too.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who the hell are we beating to win two more games?

I think nearly half the teams in the NFL are sub .500 right now. If the Packers sort out their 1st half offensive woes and do in the 1st half like they have been doing in the 2nd, I don't think it is a stretch that they will win 3 more games somewhere. The NFL is littered with a lot of Packer-esque teams right now.

Reaction score
Which Walker? Or are you referring to both of them?
I was talking LT #63. He allowed multiple pressures and penalties. He’s not egregious level bad, but more a guy you plug in there 1-2 games and get him back out as soon as possible.

#7 wasn’t bad today imo. He played average range. Q got caught in coverage for a few pass plays,
but nearly had a INT and he had some key Tackles. He shouldn’t be out in coverage regular like that to begin with. Barry was obviously keying on their Run game with heavy fronts. That left Preston, Q and DeVondre dropping into coverage more regular.

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Denver beat KC today by 2 td's. I can see us straightening out this mess and going on a 3 game win streak. I remember how horribly dysfunctional the offense looked last year at this time as well.
You mean with a hof qb and better offensive players they struggled last year too?

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think nearly half the teams in the NFL are sub .500 right now. If the Packers sort out their 1st half offensive woes and do in the 1st half like they have been doing in the 2nd, I don't think it is a stretch that they will win 3 more games somewhere. The NFL is littered with a lot of Packer-esque teams right now.
I'd like to work on securing that #1 pick first and then we can maybe try to get a win or two in the final weeks :p

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Raiders, Broncos, and Vikings are 3 of them, but we managed to lose to all of them.

Sure, I can see us going 5-12. Devil's advocate though, wouldn't 2-15 be "better"?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’ve been doing that exactly in my Mocks. Then garnering several extra 2nd rounders and yet still picking in the earlier 20’s. At our W/L now, if our primary guy wasn’t there? We could back up once or twice grabbing a bully Defender as a top 10-15 pick such as Zer’han and then still get an extra pair of early 2nd Rounders. Pick 4 times in the top 50 hitting OL twice. Maybe even a LT, OC, Guard by earlier Round 4 and get this fixed.

I’d also plug 1 more WR and TE but 1 mid tier veteran FA with adequate experience. A known quantity if you will. Then add a RB earlier Day 3. Of course if Marvin is there at #5 or #7 I’d have a hard time passing him up. I also like that RB from Texas, he’s not Bijan but he’s not a far cry

Issue with mock engines and trade backs is quite random. I personally only think this year someone gives up a fleece of picks if Williams and/or Maye is the reason why. Everyone used to say Marvin Harrison Jr too, but I'll be honest there are a lot of DAMN good WRs in this draft and I don't know if the spread from MHjr to Coleman is that massive really. We shall see....

Members online

Latest posts