Staff member
Reaction score
Studs- defensive front 6/7 for most part

Duds - injuries again. Blocking execution

Last edited:

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow!! Thoroughly depressing, nationally televised flop. I had guarded hopes that this GB squad could squeak out top 14 finish (playff berth)...but now see that they are, indeed, a bottom 8 team. Talent/players are there, but consisency, mental maturity/confidence, & coaching are not.

Studs: Clark, Gary, Smith, Douglas, Ford, Carlson, Dillon.

Duds: MLF (conservative playcalling, scheme (2 TE's to block Crosby?!?!?)), Barry (soft coverage on short downs!), OT's, receivers dropping catchable balls, Love.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
duds :
Lafleur for no creativity on offense. They do not have an identity.
Musgrave goes down on first contact
Watson is not a number 1 wr idc what anyone says. he didn’t even make an attempt to go after the ball at the end. Love has no awareness and makes terrible throws.
Barry and his defensive scheme is horrendous lol Preston smith on Adams? We all saw it. Here’s the thing there is some good things with this team some good young talent around Love has been serviceable and could turn into a solid QB but nothing he has done has proved that so far his completion percentage is like 50%.. hopefully he can fix that. As of now Green Bay is not good. They beat the bears and got lucky against the saints. 6 measly points in the first half of the last 3 games…. Let that sink in. I have been saying it for years that Lafleur is not a
Good coach and had been bailed out by Rodgers. He has no creativity and can not make an adjustment to save his life. He also employs the worst DC in the league.. and allows things to happen. This is a young team that will have high highs and low lows is Love the answer? That is definitely to be determined

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watson is not a number 1 wr idc what anyone says. he didn’t even make an attempt to go after the ball at the end.
Watson was being shoved by the DB WAY before the ball arrived and it should have been an easy PI call. I guess the new rule is as long as you're trying to look back toward the ball you can do whatever you want to the receiver.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I understand those who say you can’t place any blame on the defense because they only gave up 17 points, but the Raiders haven’t score over 20 all season long. So I wouldn’t call that some incredible feat.

That said, this game was lost because of the 3 interceptions. Cash either of those into a TD, and you win the game.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watson was being shoved by the DB WAY before the ball arrived and it should have been an easy PI call. I guess the new rule is as long as you're trying to look back toward the ball you can do whatever you want to the receiver.
Sticky coverage.. you can’t have a charity PI call at the end of the game and proves my point back to Love he was open before he threw that. back to the situational awareness. Love threw a duck and allowed the corner to get it looks almost identical to when tramon picked off Vick in the playoffs against the eagles.. poor throw.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sticky coverage.. you can’t have a charity PI call at the end of the game
PI is PI. It doesn't matter when it happens. You don't get to shove receivers out of the play just because it's the end of the game.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GB's WR coach is Jason Vrable...a former QB. I think the entire WR room would benfit from a former, proven NFL WR to come in & help teach subtleties of route running, body position, keeping leverage, etc. Thinking someone like Jordy, Driver or similar. Just seems like Watson (& others?) are getting pushed around & not keeping DB's away from the ball?

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I personally am circling the calendar when Murphy retires. Things could look a lot different. The whole FO and coaching staff should 100 percent be on the hot seat

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
I'm surprised by the lack of Love being on the duds. He clearly lost the game and looked like a USFL QB last night. That first interception was one of the worst I've seen thrown. He looked his guy down the whole play and then threw into triple coverage. Right to the linebacker. That was the worst performance I've seen out of a Green Bay QB in a long time. I'm talking about Kizer, Huntley, and Tolzien. This also was against one of the worst teams in the league. Buckle up because I see about two winnable games left on the schedule.

Love was a complete dud.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I personally am circling the calendar when Murphy retires. Things could look a lot different. The whole FO and coaching staff should 100 percent be on the hot seat
So in other words, you want to embrace the Lions/Redskins/Jets model?

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm surprised by the lack of Love being on the duds. He clearly lost the game and looked like a USFL QB last night. That first interception was one of the worst I've seen thrown.
I'll refer you to Rodgers last throw at Lambeau. It wasn't worse than that.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GB's WR coach is Jason Vrable...a former QB. I think the entire WR room would benfit from a former, proven NFL WR to come in & help teach subtleties of route running, body position, keeping leverage, etc. Thinking someone like Jordy, Driver or similar. Just seems like Watson (& others?) are getting pushed around & not keeping DB's away from the ball?
Just because you were good at being a WR doesn't mean you can teach being a WR. 2 separate skills. Our best WR coach was Edgar Bennet. Wish we could get him back. Funny. I just looked him up and he is WR coach in Las Vegas. Maybe he isn't doing so good there.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds: Love, dropped passes, coaching, Watson come back for the ball, keep running.
Studs:Front line D
Yeah, if Watson had made an effort to come back to high point the ball and if he fought off the forward motion of the defender instead of waiting for the ball; he might have caught it or at least got pass interference. It was definitely underthrown (which gives him a good chance at PI). I do believe that Love should practice deep throws every day. If he and LaFleur want that to be a part of the offense; then Love has to be able to throw it 95% of the time.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm disappointed. My hopes were higher. Maybe it's time for LaFleur to let Stenovich call at least some of the plays...if not all of them. Very stale play calling.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm disappointed. My hopes were higher. Maybe it's time for LaFleur to let Stenovich call at least some of the plays...if not all of them. Very stale play calling.
1000000 percent accuracy on the staleness! I think it’s time to get lafluer on the fire seat

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
duds :
Lafleur for no creativity on offense. They do not have an identity.
Musgrave goes down on first contact
Watson is not a number 1 wr idc what anyone says. he didn’t even make an attempt to go after the ball at the end. Love has no awareness and makes terrible throws.
Barry and his defensive scheme is horrendous lol Preston smith on Adams? We all saw it. Here’s the thing there is some good things with this team some good young talent around Love has been serviceable and could turn into a solid QB but nothing he has done has proved that so far his completion percentage is like 50%.. hopefully he can fix that. As of now Green Bay is not good. They beat the bears and got lucky against the saints. 6 measly points in the first half of the last 3 games…. Let that sink in. I have been saying it for years that Lafleur is not a
Good coach and had been bailed out by Rodgers. He has no creativity and can not make an adjustment to save his life. He also employs the worst DC in the league.. and allows things to happen. This is a young team that will have high highs and low lows is Love the answer? That is definitely to be determined
I believe Preston went on Adams because someone missed their assignment and he noticed it.
he did the same last year. Forgot the game but was same thing

no one was on the we, he knew and covered him up

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe Preston went on Adams because someone missed their assignment and he noticed it.

It's also possible that they were in a zone (or man coverage) and due to alignment (or motion), Adams became his responsibility.

No coach designs this. It can happen due to corner cases. IE, if Preston has the third man (outside in) and Adams happens to be the third, sucks, but he's gotta do it.

OR if Preston has the the Fullback in man coverage, but the FB motions out and becomes the wide-man, what options do you have? Waste the boundary CB on the fullback? I'd rather make the joke of Preston being the CB on the play and move on.

These things can and do happen depending on the play as-called vs. what happens on offense. When these corner cases pop up, your reasonable choices are to play it as-is or check to a safe call. But checking to a safe call might mean a worse situational defense.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score

no one was on the we, he knew and covered him up
Putting Preston in any coverage in that situation is a bad idea. What eligible receiver is he a match for? Barry wants his cake and to eat it too. Just not realistic.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's also possible that they were in a zone (or man coverage) and due to alignment (or motion), Adams became his responsibility.

No coach designs this. It can happen due to corner cases. IE, if Preston has the third man (outside in) and Adams happens to be the third, sucks, but he's gotta do it.

OR if Preston has the the Fullback in man coverage, but the FB motions out and becomes the wide-man, what options do you have? Waste the boundary CB on the fullback? I'd rather make the joke of Preston being the CB on the play and move on.

These things can and do happen depending on the play as-called vs. what happens on offense. When these corner cases pop up, your reasonable choices are to play it as-is or check to a safe call. But checking to a safe call might mean a worse situational defense.
Or just not have Preston in on that play?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Putting Preston in any coverage in that situation is a bad idea. What eligible receiver is he a match for? Barry wants his cake and to eat it too. Just not realistic.
It wasn’t drawn up that way. Someone missed their place

this was in Steve CZban this am

OP
OP
PikeBadger

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
That has been obvious from the beginning and most likely won't get fixed for a couple of years. None of the receivers know how to play yet and none of them are possessing a NFL body yet either.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Or just not have Preston in on that play?

That's still overly simplistic. Preston is going to have to play coverage sometimes and he's honestly pretty good at it. But he should be taking backs in the flat. Ending up on a WR is the unfortunate outcome of playcall + personnel + alignment + motion. This kind of thing will happen with every front 7 coverage man sometimes.

Hell, Raji did it in for us to make the Super Bowl.

Members online

Latest posts