Free Agents you would like to see sign with Green Bay in 2019?

Green Bowl Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mathieu has been mentioned numerous times and sounds like the number one choice of the fans, here. I keep seeing him mentioned along with Landon Collins and Earl Thomas. Collins will most likely get the transition tag. I would have rather brought Thomas in two years ago, but still put him third on my safety list due to injury history and age.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mathieu has been mentioned numerous times and sounds like the number one choice of the fans, here. I keep seeing him mentioned along with Landon Collins and Earl Thomas. Collins will most likely get the transition tag. I would have rather brought Thomas in two years ago, but still put him third on my safety list due to injury history and age.

Collins will cost a bomb and Earl is say a dicey proposition at this stage. Mathieu looks to be only practical top S left.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys a thought just came to mind. What do you think it would take for Denver to give up Von Miller? I'm sure if we gave them our first two draft picks and some other stuff they'd listen.

If we wouldn't do that for Mack I highly doubt they would consider it for Miller. I don't mean that like Mack is obviously better than Miller just that I think it too much to give up for one guy when you have more than just one need to fill.

D

Deleted member 6794

Since this thread has hit the smoke induced dream state, would BB be willing to move on from a 30yo oft injured Gronk?

Gronkowski isn't the dominate tight end anymore that we're used to watching. The Packers shouldn't be interested in him.

Haven't seen Jackson's name brought up other than here. We can't be the only two who think he would be a huge upgrade over Cobb. He wants out of Tampa and I still believe he has the ability to stretch the field with his speed, even if it is not what it was. After a season like he had, I would like to think he would see the value in playing for a real QB and how much can he really command after this last campaign. Is it not a good fit or why is his name not being tossed around? Too many other pressing needs? I say bring him in, kick the tires and see if there is still that Cal connection (Aaron got him to come to Cal)!

The Packers should take a hard look at younger veterans. There's no need to give up draft picks to acquire Jackson and pay him $10 million next season.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gronkowski isn't the dominate tight end anymore that we're used to watching. The Packers shouldn't be interested in him.

The Packers should take a hard look at younger veterans. There's no need to give up draft picks to acquire Jackson and pay him $10 million next season.

Agree on Gronkowski. Would have loved to have had him a few years ago, he's a very old 30 right now. His body has taken a tremendous pounding.
I think they'll try to fill up as many needs they can in free agency. The more needs addressed before the draft, the more options they'll have in the draft.

Green Bowl Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Jackson is under contract with the Bucs next season at a cap hit of $10 million, but Tampa can release him without incurring any dead money, per Spotrac. (Bleacher Report)

I would not give up any picks or $10 million for him and don't think after this season anyone (including the Bucs) is paying him that much. With that said, I would be excited to bring him in on the right deal. He had a frustrating season and has a history with our QB. Aaron got him to come to Cal for college.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’d rather MVS get year 2 snaps than bring Jackson anywhere near this team.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Am happy with current WR set. We just need to re-sign Cobb for a lower guaranteed more incentive contract. MvS, StB, Kumerow, Geronimo...quite a list of talent waiting in the wings.

Happy to give Graham another season too.

FarmerPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with Tyrann Mathieu, I was really hoping that we would have made a run at him last year as I have always really liked his versatility, but I honestly really wish we would have kept micah hyde due to the same reasons.

D

Deleted member 6794

Jackson is under contract with the Bucs next season at a cap hit of $10 million, but Tampa can release him without incurring any dead money, per Spotrac. (Bleacher Report)

I would not give up any picks or $10 million for him and don't think after this season anyone (including the Bucs) is paying him that much. With that said, I would be excited to bring him in on the right deal. He had a frustrating season and has a history with our QB. Aaron got him to come to Cal for college.

I would prefer the Packers to sign a veteran receiver as well but think the team should add a younger one than Jackson.

Am happy with current WR set. We just need to re-sign Cobb for a lower guaranteed more incentive contract. MvS, StB, Kumerow, Geronimo...quite a list of talent waiting in the wings.

I wouldn't mind the Packers re-signing Cobb to a reasonable deal but they better have a backup plan in place for him as he can't stay healthy.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I would prefer the Packers to sign a veteran receiver as well but think the team should add a younger one than Jackson.
I think a vet FA WR would be a waste of a camp body. We have 4 or 5 (depending on Geronimo) first and 2nd year players that have gotten decent playing time and have each, except for Moore, had their moments of "yeah he has gotten it" looking to get more snaps. There really is not a need for a vet at this point. Any vet available and cost effective will not be any better than what is on the roster. Unless there is some baggage coming with. I'd roll with what we got at least into camp.

D

Deleted member 6794

I think a vet FA WR would be a waste of a camp body. We have 4 or 5 (depending on Geronimo) first and 2nd year players that have gotten decent playing time and have each, except for Moore, had their moments of "yeah he has gotten it" looking to get more snaps. There really is not a need for a vet at this point. Any vet available and cost effective will not be any better than what is on the roster. Unless there is some baggage coming with. I'd roll with what we got at least into camp.

With the Packers possibly moving on from Cobb I wouldn't feel comfortable with Adams being the only veteran wide receiver on the roster.

OP
OP
McKnowledge

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers might be able to use the cap space saved by releasing Graham to sign James but I highly doubt he would present an upgrade.

Maybe. He's more than likely a TE2. However, he's been relatively healthy and injury free. Green Bay could draft a TE and sign James.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we wouldn't do that for Mack I highly doubt they would consider it for Miller. I don't mean that like Mack is obviously better than Miller just that I think it too much to give up for one guy when you have more than just one need to fill.

Mack is not obviously better than Miller by any means at least not as a pass rusher. Maybe as an overall linebacker/player but Miller is the better pass rusher.
Mack has 53 sacks in 5 seasons 10.6 per year. While Miller has 98 in 8 seasons 12.25 per year. And if you do it by game Miller has played 117 and Mack 77. That's .83 sacks a game for Miller and .68 for Mack.
I would trade for Miller in a heartbeat if he's available. He'd be the closest thing to when the Packers got Reggie white

*Haha sorry dude totally misread your post

Last edited:

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe. He's more than likely a TE2. However, he's been relatively healthy and injury free. Green Bay could draft a TE and sign James.

I'll pass on James, why don't we just resign Richard Rodgers ? He's got better hands haha. I think the packers would be better off taking a similar approach to te as they did with wr last year in the draft. Take at least 2 of them it's a deep group of players at the position this year. Maybe you take a shot early on a Irv Smith, tj hockenson, or Albert okwuegbunam. And then go back to the well in the 5th round or so and grab another guy you like

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I'll pass on James, why don't we just resign Richard Rodgers ? He's got better hands haha. I think the packers would be better off taking a similar approach to te as they did with wr last year in the draft. Take at least 2 of them it's a deep group of players at the position this year. Maybe you take a shot early on a Irv Smith, tj hockenson, or Albert okwuegbunam. And then go back to the well in the 5th round or so and grab another guy you like
LOL on Richard Rodgers......had to look him up....ouch....1 catch for 7 yds this year, only 37 snaps on offense.

While it would be nice to be able to use 2-3 picks on TE this year, the problem I see is that the Packers have more glaring needs at S, OLB and the OL. If the Packers feel there is a need at TE, I would prefer them exploring the FA market and try to land a younger guy with some untapped potential.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL on Richard Rodgers......had to look him up....ouch....1 catch for 7 yds this year, only 37 snaps on offense.

While it would be nice to be able to use 2-3 picks on TE this year, the problem I see is that the Packers have more glaring needs at S, OLB and the OL. If the Packers feel there is a need at TE, I would prefer them exploring the FA market and try to land a younger guy with some untapped potential.

That'd be nice if a guy like that is available? But it's not Jesse James. And I'm not sure that guy is a realistic option because how much per year do you have to pay that guy?
I wouldn't want them to draft 3 but I'm totally in favor of selecting 2. And I think they can still fill their other needs at oline safety edge and wr. They have 6 picks in the top 125 picks give or take. That's a nice stash that I think you can get a single high safety, a guard or tackle, a wr, a seam splitting te and an edge player

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

So you are comfortable with Adams, Allison, Kumerow, MVS, ESB and JM? That lineup scare the hell out of me and not in a good way. Keep 7 with Cobb and I would feel a bit better

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mack is not obviously better than Miller by any means at least not as a pass rusher. Maybe as an overall linebacker/player but Miller is the better pass rusher.
Mack has 53 sacks in 5 seasons 10.6 per year. While Miller has 98 in 8 seasons 12.25 per year. And if you do it by game Miller has played 117 and Mack 77. That's .83 sacks a game for Miller and .68 for Mack.
I would trade for Miller in a heartbeat if he's available. He'd be the closest thing to when the Packers got Reggie white

*Haha sorry dude totally misread your post

No problem. I was trying to avoid making it sound like "if they wouldn't do it for Mack they certainly wouldn't do it for Miller" because I didn't want to make comparisons between them.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
So you are comfortable with Adams, Allison, Kumerow, MVS, ESB and JM? That lineup scare the hell out of me and not in a good way. Keep 7 with Cobb and I would feel a bit better
Rodgers put up 400+ yards weeks 5,6, and last week with less than that. I don't recall Kumerow and Allison active for the same game. Three of this years four highest scoring games came with Cobb inactive.
Interesting diversion. In 2018 Rodgers has three 400+ yard games and only one 300-399 yard games.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
earl thomas. trey flowers. both are probably sick of where they're playing. both very highly rated. whoever they go for the Packers are going to have to be bold and do what it takes to close the deal. we'll see how serious they are. i'm not optimistic. they're going to have to make me a believer.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers should definitely draft a tight end but there's no reason to replace Graham with James as he doesn't present an upgrade.

To be fair, Rodgers spent the first 10 weeks of the season on injured reserve.

Rodgers put up 400+ yards weeks 5,6, and last week with less than that. I don't recall Kumerow and Allison active for the same game. Three of this years four highest scoring games came with Cobb inactive.

The Packers offense was definitely better with Cobb on the field this season. While I'm uneven on whether Randall should return or the team should add another veteran I wouldn't feel comfortable with Adams being the only experienced receiver on the roster.

BTW the defenses the Packers were facing in three of their four highest scoring games without Cobb on the field had a lot to do with that happening.

Latest posts