Free Agents you would like to see sign with Green Bay in 2019?

Reaction score
How is Adams not a true number 1 ? He clearly is, I'm not sure what you mean by this?
I meant I want a second true #1 (as opposed to a imposter) Of course Adams is a true #1 he’s the second best player on this team.
The point I eluded to is that there is a sharp dropoff after Adams. We have a 3 and a bunch of 4s.

Adams is the last real effort at receiver through the draft (Or FA for that matter) and it’s going on 5 yeArs! What were we thinking it makes zero sense.

Reaction score
I don't want the Packers to offer Matthews $5 million a season. If another team offers that kind of money I'm definitely OK with him moving on.
There’s absolutely zero chance Clay signs a contract well under that. That’s walking papers.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was gonna put on the list, but I like Mathieu better at this point. He's younger and healthier. I have this inkling that next year Thomas is gonna demand crazy money even after having a bad leg (2 breaks in 12 months). If fully healthy, Thomas is a great fit.

Matthieu also had some injury issues in Arizona, so he also could be an injury bug concern.

I'm for making a play at a number of these pass rushers if their respective teams don't resign them including Clowney. I wonder if Detroit lets Ansah walk? Granted he's a 4-3 player, but I'd think Pettine (If kept) could put him in a Von Miller type of role.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Draft class for safeties is pretty poor, so I hope we can bring in a FA. Draft class for edge is crazy stacked, on the other hand, so I'm a bit less concerned about that. Love to see a hardddd push for Earl Thomas.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Draft class for safeties is pretty poor, so I hope we can bring in a FA. Draft class for edge is crazy stacked, on the other hand, so I'm a bit less concerned about that. Love to see a hardddd push for Earl Thomas.

I read that despite his injury, Thomas and his agent will be seeking Eric Berry type money.

Berry signed a six-year, $78 million contract containing $40 million in guarantees.

Now I doubt anyone will give Thomas a 6 year deal, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the Packers have to pony up $12+ M/year to land him.

He is expected to come back just fine from his fractured left leg, but hitting 30 before the season starts and his flipping the Seahawks bench the bird while being carted off, might weigh on on some GM's decision.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Sign me up for Antonio Brown
Love his talent, hate his attitude. I think I would pass based on what the Steelers would probably want to trade him and just having a guy that seems to put himself way ahead of his teammates isn't appealing to me.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read that despite his injury, Thomas and his agent will be seeking Eric Berry type money.

Berry signed a six-year, $78 million contract containing $40 million in guarantees.

Now I doubt anyone will give Thomas a 6 year deal, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the Packers have to pony up $12+ M/year to land him.

He is expected to come back just fine from his fractured left leg, but hitting 30 before the season starts and his flipping the Seahawks bench the bird while being carted off, might weigh on on some GM's decision.

I'd be alright with 3-4 years at 11-12 million. Eric Berry money is a little nuts though. Is he really worth almost 3 million per year more than Harrison Smith?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I'd be alright with 3-4 years at 11-12 million. Eric Berry money is a little nuts though. Is he really worth almost 3 million per year more than Harrison Smith?
That is what I read. He wanted a new contract that reflected he was the top safety in the league before the 2018 season. Seahawks didn't budge, he played and got injured, thus the finger to the bench. Sounds like his demands and desires won't change much at all in 2019.

But hey, I would still get in those negotiations if I was Gute and have a ceiling. However, as we may have found out with Graham, signing a Free Agent at top dollar of his position, isn't always the best thing to do.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I would prefer the Packers to pursue a younger safety like Landon Collins.

Collins would be the biggest coup of them all, but I don't think he will be available. He has stated he wants to stay with the Giants and Vice Versa. He also said he would be fine playing under the franchise tag (around $11M), which is not very common to hear from many players.

D

Deleted member 6794

My preference would be Collins followed by Thomas of possible FAs, but I am assuming NYG bring him back.

Collins would be the biggest coup of them all, but I don't think he will be available. He has stated he wants to stay with the Giants and Vice Versa. He also said he would be fine playing under the franchise tag, which is not very common to hear from many players.

Unfortunately I think both of you are right about Collins staying with the Giants. I would prefer signing Mathieu over Thomas as well though.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Collins is the kind of guy you dream of drafting, something the Packers really can't claim to have done very recently, except maybe for Kenny Clark and hopefully Alexander. Guys like Collins are going to be almost impossible to sign on their second contracts due to them meaning so much to their original team and vice versa in many cases, not to mention the money.

NorwegianPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would have been nice to get Collins and Earl Thomas both :p

Landon Collins is likely going to get tagged though.

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love his talent, hate his attitude. I think I would pass based on what the Steelers would probably want to trade him and just having a guy that seems to put himself way ahead of his teammates isn't appealing to me.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I hope they stay far away from him. I like having Adams as the top dog. He is quiet and lets his play do the talking. He is a lot like Hopkins, Thomas and Green. He knows he is the #1, but doesn't constantly bark for the ball. This team doesn't need the drama that AB and OBJ bring. Media already eats Rodgers alive for his leadership. Packers don't need more reasons for everyone to question Rodgers ability to work through ambiguity. 2nd year MVS, ESB, Jimmy (with the Packers), 3rd year Aaron Jones and Jamaal. I have faith the offense can come together. I'd love for them to make a little splash at a pass rusher/disruption guy and add some CB depth.

But it is a sticky spot to be in because after year 2 if those players don't look like they're able to perform, wasted another year of Rodgers and closer to the end.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I don't think there is any question that there is some uncertainty if the Packers are "good enough and deep enough" at WR. Cobb could be gone and even if signed, is a question mark himself. Allison and the 3 rookies plus Kumerow and Graham, what can you realistically expect? So what do the Packers do? Sit pat and roll the dice that they have enough weapons? Go out and trade for or sign a top FA WR or spend more draft picks on the position?

Gute probably has a good working knowledge of players, but I hope he is having all the current coaches fill out evaluations of players, before the eventual axe falls on most of these coaches being asked to do so. Tough spot for a coach, "I know I am probably gone, but I still need to give a good solid evaluation of the players I coached".

Until a new coaching Staff is hired, I am wondering just how much Gute and Murphy are feeling like they are currently "working alone".

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
With this hire, do we gain an inside track on any of the Titan Free agents that may want to follow LeFleur?

Derrick Morgan OLB 33 TEN TBD $6,750,000 UFA -
Bennie Logan DT 29 TEN TBD $4,000,000 UFA -
Brynden Trawick SS 29 TEN TBD $2,375,000 UFA -
Quinton Spain G 28 TEN TBD $1,907,000 UFA -
Kenny Vaccaro SS 28 TEN TBD $1,500,000 UFA -
Kevin Pamphile G 28 TEN TBD $1,400,000 UFA -
Will Compton ILB 29 TEN TBD $1,250,000 UFA -
Nate Palmer ILB 29 TEN TBD $1,150,000 UFA -
Luke Stocker TE 31 TEN TBD $1,100,000 UFA -
Kendrick Lewis FS 33 TEN TBD $915,000 UFA -
Austin Davis QB 30 TEN TBD $790,000 UFA -
David Fluellen RB 27 TEN TBD $585,000 RFA -
Tye Smith CB 26 TEN TBD $585,000 ERFA -
LaTroy Lewis ILB 25 TEN TBD $555,000 ERFA -
Deontae Skinner OLB 28 TEN TBD - UFA -
Michael Campanaro WR 28 TEN TBD - UFA -

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With this hire, do we gain an inside track on any of the Titan Free agents that may want to follow LeFleur?

Against those numbers, im happy to take Spain and Vacarro of their hands

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Against those numbers, im happy to take Spain and Vacarro of their hands
The $ number is their current pay, I doubt that Vacarro comes that cheap. He was one of those FA Safeties last year that seemed go unsigned forever and the Titans signed him on a 1 year prove it deal. He was a guy I had hoped the Packers signed last year, so who knows, maybe this year?

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The $ number is their current pay, I doubt that Vacarro comes that cheap. He was one of those FA Safeties last year that seemed go unsigned forever and the Titans signed him on a 1 year prove it deal. He was a guy I had hoped the Packers signed last year, so who knows, maybe this year?
Agreed, all though I dont see Vacarro getting too big of a raise with a lot of top safeties reaching FA this year

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That's always a possibility.
The only ones I have heard of are Vaccaro and Palmer. I know we drafted Palmer but Vaccaro might be worth a look.