Fire Capers

Status
Not open for further replies.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess you are trying to get my goat by citing some stat of which I have no idea of the parameters. 3rd and 7 exactly or 3rd and 7 and longer? Anyway, if you are trying to say that we are anywhere near the norm for allowing 1st downs when the opponent has a 3rd down then I guess I should just sit back and relax when I am watching instead of thinking..."oh god, here it comes. Can we get off the field this time?" I get really frustrated when they have a receiver right on the 1st down line and our safeties are too deep to stop it. And it happens a lot. Also, I guess I don't want to be average.

D

Deleted member 6794

I guess you are trying to get my goat by citing some stat of which I have no idea of the parameters. 3rd and 7 exactly or 3rd and 7 and longer? Anyway, if you are trying to say that we are anywhere near the norm for allowing 1st downs when the opponent has a 3rd down then I guess I should just sit back and relax when I am watching instead of thinking..."oh god, here it comes. Can we get off the field this time?" I get really frustrated when they have a receiver right on the 1st down line and our safeties are too deep to stop it. And it happens a lot. Also, I guess I don't want to be average.

It should have been pretty clear that I was talking about the defensive performance on third down and 7 or longer. While you might have the impression the Packers are terrible in such situations because you don't follow other teams that closely and seem to solely remember the plays the unit allowed a first down on the truth is the team actually performs close to the league average.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he is not fired after this season I am going to be of the belief that this organization has no interest in winning another super bowl.

OP
OP
A

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just want to know what this clown has done to be able to keep his job. His defenses constantly suck. I am honestly not even sure how he got the title of being a scheme genius. Because he ain't fooling no one but his own guys. Seriously fire this guy today, for those attending the games. Bring posters calling for him. Enough pressure will force them to fire him.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
a usual day for the defense. They make some plays and they give up some plays and at the worst times, it looks like they don't know what they're doing. There are guys here to beat other offenses, put them in position, quit confusing them, and if they still can't do, cut 'em

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After today, the Packers will have the worst defense in the league at getting off the field on third down. Time and again the safeties are too deep and can't make a play on time.

Dieseljunkie12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he is not fired after this season I am going to be of the belief that this organization has no interest in winning another super bowl.

Agreed. If he stays it just shows how much the bottom dollar means instead of what's on the field. Sad part is it wont matter as we are just peons in a forum

Patrick J. Costello

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gave up on the run, loaded the whole ****-in-kaboodle back onto to a not quite ready Rodgers, and the not ready for prime time Defense, actually managed to keep you the game. Guilty MrThompson of gross negligence is pissing away another HOF QB’s prime, Guilty Mr. McCarthy of arrogance and poor play calling and Guilty Mr. Capers of failure to adapt and change

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Time and time again, we aren't ready at the snap, and guys just blow their assignments. Quit confusing them, let them play defense and if they can't then cut them. If you can't call a defense to do that to find out who can play and who can't, then get someone that can. We had everyone covered, Pressure right in Newton's face and all he could do was throw up a prayer. Those are the passes that should be intercepted. Instead? TD Panthers with nobody anywhere around to take that ball.

It's a pattern with this defense. a breakdown somewhere, at the worst times. Always. There was some pretty decent defensive play out there today, but you'd never be able to tell because of the constant breakdowns by somebody. These guys aren't that stupid, and they have talent. Let them use it.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Some people are going to want to say this loss was on the offense who turned the ball over 4 times, but if you look at it closer, our defense did nothing extra to help win us this game in the turnover department as well as giving up way too many soft plays. AR was rusty, I think we all half expected this kind of game from him, but come on defense, strip the ball, come up with key interceptions, do something to win a game.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did they keep their red zone record intact? With 31 points, it doesn't look like Carolina missed there.

Mike McCarthy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why are we so attached to capers? Why? I see absolutely no point to keep him around until the season is complete, fire him tomorrow morning let moss have control last few weeks, it can’t be any worse than it is now, guys regularly looking lost on that side of the ball is totally, absolutely 100% inexcusable at this point of the season! It is painfully obvious dom isn’t going to right the ship at this point. Another thing who is the defensive leader of this team? Burnett? Daniels? Matthews? Someone needs to step up in that department as well, because I’m not seeing it out there.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is what i am seeing:

Mike Daniels - Very good player. Disruptive and a great field leader.

Clark - Very young and talented. Strong at POA and getting better

Lowry - mostly a bit below average at best. Still young and will probably get a bit better, but only be a bit over average. But able to mostly do his job, but can' make plays.

Martinez - playing great. Smart and very active. Talented.

Ryan - marginal NFL starter. May get better but moderate talent.

Clay - not the player he once was but still very active and can make plays. Misses tackles at times.

Perry - can be a force. Highly regarded talented FA. Not a great season.

Haha though to be a star in the making. Very talented but playing poorly.

Bennett- plays very well, our best in the secondary.

House. Solid CB. Marginal NFL starter.

King - looked like he was picking it up. Very talented.

Randall. - playing his best ball now. Talented andx shutting down his man last 2 games. Took stud WR gordon out of the game after 1st quarter.

I see a lot of defensive talent on this team that is going too waste. I dont see any holes on the team. Yes we could use some upgrades at CB and at 5T and depth at OLB. But the biggest need we have is at coaching.

I see other defenses doing much better with less talent.

It is time for a change.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know I've gotten numb to how bad this defense is when they give up 31 points and almost 400 yards to the NFL's 19th ranked offense and my first instinct is, "Well they weren't really THAT bad today."

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Like I've said since the day I registered on this forum, it's not too much to ask to have a defense that's capable of helping win you a game when Aaron Rodgers clearly doesn't have his best stuff. Don't get me wrong, if Aaron Rodgers has a typical Aaron Rodgers game, we win. But expecting him to be that guy every single time he steps out on that field is just not realistic. Especially considering the long layoff.

Rodgers will self correct. But it's time more than time for a change. This clown Dom Capers has to GO! Should have fired him after the NFCCG.

Mike McCarthy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can anybody enlighten me to what the advantage of letting dom continue to be defensive coordinator until the end of this season? Not sure why we continue to allow this failure continue.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just want to know what this clown has done to be able to keep his job. His defenses constantly suck. I am honestly not even sure how he got the title of being a scheme genius. Because he ain't fooling no one but his own guys. Seriously fire this guy today, for those attending the games. Bring posters calling for him. Enough pressure will force them to fire him.

He is a genius, his schemes and concepts are so complicated that even his own players dont know what the hell they're doing.

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They had nothing to lose by firing him and bringing in someone new after Rodgers was deemed potentially out for the season. That was the time to do it, although still 5 years late.

H

HardRightEdge

He is a genius, his schemes and concepts are so complicated that even his own players dont know what the hell they're doing.
That was certainly the case with Josh Jones tonight.

No, lets not fire Capers. Lets have him volunteer to "spend more time with his family".

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see absolutely no point to keep him around until the season is complete, fire him tomorrow morning let moss have control last few weeks, it can’t be any worse than it is now
I have no problem with this. Honestly, if we get rid of Capers quickly, we are at the front of the line when it comes to choosing a new DC. If we hem and haw around till mid summer, the best ones will be gone. But no way will they fire Capers before the season ends. McCarthy will most likely "allow him to retire" in order to let him save face. And I'm crossing my fingers that he will at least do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts