Fire Capers

Status
Not open for further replies.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ive showed my frustration with him. This game showed how horrible he is. Put your input

PackerChef

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not ready to say fire him... however, it has been an extremely frustrating game... still no effort into tackles (i.e. trying to shoulder people down), weird formations (i.e. Perry in coverage against a 5 wide set), and ineffective blitzes

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Too early for that talk but based on today I will say the D actually looks worse than last year if that's possible. Somebody needs to tell our LBs they are in coverage when they are in coverage. Still can't tackle. Lots of issues today, lots of questions, probably too soon to be calling for heads. This was not fun to watch. Perhaps they're lulling the Bears into a false sense of confidence???

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers still can't get pressure on the QB without blitzing... Packers still can't get off the field on third down... Packers still have communications problems in the secondary

It's almost like Capers didn't watch any film from last year. It is scary how much this defense already looks like last year's defense. It's starting to become ridiculous.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still way to many missed tackles, poor tackling technique, blown coverages, players not knowing where/what they're supposed to be doing. This all comes down to Capers. He's got the personnel for a good defense he's just gotta call the right plays and teach these guys the right ways.

L

Lunchboxer

Blown Coverages,Poor Pressure besides Mathews 2 sacks,Over all Sloppiness.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still way to many missed tackles, poor tackling technique, blown coverages, players not knowing where/what they're supposed to be doing. This all comes down to Capers. He's got the personnel for a good defense he's just gotta call the right plays and teach these guys the right ways.

He cant makes these guys tackle. Were there some play calls that put our guys in unfavorable situations today? I would said yes. But the 49ers played a good game. Remember this defense has a lot of youth on it and they are not going to be firing on all cylinders week 1. If we are still seeing the same consistent problems in say November. Then maybe it would be time to entertain Dom Capers being on the hot seat. As far as talent on that side of the ball. There is talent up front. But the secondary behind Woodson and Willaims is not very good. When house returns I expect to see much better coverage back there.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe Capers wont have to be fired...Maybe he quits at end of season

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers scored two td's on offense. Offense as much as the defense was to blame. Maybe teams have figured out our offense like the defense. This is a wake up call.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He cant makes these guys tackle. Were there some play calls that put our guys in unfavorable situations today? I would said yes. But the 49ers played a good game. Remember this defense has a lot of youth on it and they are not going to be firing on all cylinders week 1. If we are still seeing the same consistent problems in say November. Then maybe it would be time to entertain Dom Capers being on the hot seat. As far as talent on that side of the ball. There is talent up front. But the secondary behind Woodson and Willaims is not very good. When house returns I expect to see much better coverage back there.
I'm not saying he should be fired right now either, nor do I have the authority to fire him. I think it should just be looked at. If you lead the worst yards defense of all time and then give up 30 to a mediocre offense I think it should at the very least be considered.

I agree we're young and will get better. But so will offenses. I'm guessing this will even out.

He can't make those guys tackle? Of course not. But he can teach them that throwing a shoulder at Frank Gore on the goal line will accomplish absolutely nothing.

Technique, technique, technique. These players showed poor tackling and looked lost at times on defense as to what they should be doing. They weren't even sure who was to blame after that Moss td catch. Not a good sign. A defense that knows their assignments and executes their assignments is a good team. They are still working towards that.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the offense struggles we have no chance of winning because the defense still sucks. Cant depend on them to win games. Offense has to score period.

T

TheLogoApproach

Packers scored two td's on offense. Offense as much as the defense was to blame. Maybe teams have figured out our offense like the defense. This is a wake up call.
It could also be that the 49ers are a good team. Its not like they were playing the Vikings.

Marem19

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the offense struggles we have no chance of winning because the defense still sucks. Cant depend on them to win games. Offense has to score period.
If we can't get pressure with our front 7 its gonna be a long season

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I hope you are wrong, but I wonder if that is it or if SF is that good. My guess is a little of both, not totally sold on SF defense.

Bottom line is GB needs Benson Green and whenever Starks if/comes back to perform in some capacity. It is not often when a one dimensional team can dominate in the NFL for years on end. If they can get balance it can be one of the most prolific offenses in league history again, just to a different tune. Realistically GB cannot and should not rely on Rodgers throwing 45 TD's again due to a **** poor rushing game. If he is throwing 45 it needs to be because it is just happening and there is a nice mix of effective run/pass.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im on board, apparently a couple years ago when the defense was great, it was more about the talent and not the coaching. we did better getting to the qb today, but the secondary is way too soft.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If there was a positive for the D today it was the pressure. They got some hits on Smith, had him running for a good part of the game. He had some time back there on some plays but you can't expect these guys to be in the backfield every play. I thought Matthews looked good more times than he got stuffed and given a real officiating crew there would have been a few more false starts and I saw 1 for sure hold that wasnt called on the 49ers because of his presence.

One thing to note. Nick Perry, Jarret Bush, MD Jennings, Morgan Burnett, all looked to be extreme liabilities in coverage. I expect that to get a little better when House comes back. The one thing I can never swallow from these guys is the complete blown coverage that happens at least 1 or 2 times a game.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Its sad when you have a db put more pressure on the qb then anyone on the dline. If woodson or matthewss dont hit home then we make average qbs look all pro. Oh and i forgot to mention we cant stop the run either. Pathetic

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing to note. Nick Perry, Jarret Bush, MD Jennings, Morgan Burnett, all looked to be extreme liabilities in coverage. I expect that to get a little better when House comes back. The one thing I can never swallow from these guys is the complete blown coverage that happens at least 1 or 2 times a game.

Bush needs to stick to ST. Can't be worse than Shields or Hayword.

I want to see McMillian in a bit more expanded role. I may be a homer for the dude but that hit on the KR in the 4th was awesome. Haven't seen a Packer blast someone like that in a long time. AND he did it consistently in college. Could be the missile we need back in the secondary.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If there was a positive for the D today it was the pressure. They got some hits on Smith, had him running for a good part of the game. He had some time back there on some plays but you can't expect these guys to be in the backfield every play. I thought Matthews looked good more times than he got stuffed and given a real officiating crew there would have been a few more false starts and I saw 1 for sure hold that wasnt called on the 49ers because of his presence.

Nick perry was bought in to help the pass rush so unless hes blitzing he needs to be on the sideline until he can cover sombody. He looked terrible in coverage. Id attack him every time.

W

wxman2005

Defense did NOT lose this game. MM and AR did. 3 plays. 3 lousy plays cost the packers. right before half Mm call TO. The AR throws ball OB. leads to a 63 yard FG. Then AR throws int right after packers get ball back after Cobb return and defense forcing 3 and out. costs 7 points. Total of 10 points. packers lost by 8. Again it all falls on MM and AR. To think otherwise means you wear rose colored glasses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts