Fire Capers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Stopping screen passes is about tackling. You CAN'T practice tackling, that's not allowed in the CBA. So how exactly does the DC teach that? And I'm sorry, Hyde thriving in Buffalo proves nothing. The Packers didn't let him go because he was bad, the team let him go because Dix and Burnett were better than him last year and the team didn't need to spend the money on a third safety; how could the team know Dix would get worse this year?

Why can't you practice tackling? Tackling a tackling dummy isn't allowed? Instructions on how to wrap a ball carrier up is forbidden? I mean come on, how many times do we have to watch Packer defenders (Dix, Rollins, Randall, insert name here) just throw their bodies at a ball carrier and whiff? How can you blame that on the CBA?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
MM calling the play into Hundley

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So what's the excuse when our offense under Rodgers more often than not has the time of possession advantage and the defense still gives up 28 points?

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why can't you practice tackling? Tackling a tackling dummy isn't allowed? Instructions on how to wrap a ball carrier up is forbidden? I mean come on, how many times do we have to watch Packer defenders (Dix, Rollins, Randall, insert name here) just throw their bodies at a ball carrier and whiff? How can you blame that on the CBA?

Exactly and I know for a fact other teams practice on stopping screen passes because I see them aware of them in games and snuff them out.

That whole CBA thing he brought up is nothing more than a copout.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Read this on a Packer blog, take it for what it's worth but thought it was interesting:

While walking off the field with Davon House today, you could read Mike Daniels lips saying “IT AIN’T GONNA WORK”. “IT AIN’T GONNA WORK” “IT AIN’T GONNA WORK.”

It would be interesting to know what he was talking about. Bottom line, he wasn’t happy.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Read this on a Packer blog, take it for what it's worth but thought it was interesting:

While walking off the field with Davon House today, you could read Mike Daniels lips saying “IT AIN’T GONNA WORK”. “IT AIN’T GONNA WORK” “IT AIN’T GONNA WORK.”

It would be interesting to know what he was talking about. Bottom line, he wasn’t happy.

I only hope it wasn't some ridiculous plan to have him cover a RB in open space or something.

Starr To Dowler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly and I know for a fact other teams practice on stopping screen passes because I see them aware of them in games and snuff them out.

That whole CBA thing he brought up is nothing more than a copout.

Yeah, I'm confused about that - does this mean that teams with good defenses aren't governed by the CBA? I think we should file for an exemption from the CBA too, so we can field better defenses and compete with those other teams. Darn that TT all to heck for not getting on this one sooner!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't get too caught up in what players think about certain plays. Who hasn't been there? Every person i've ever played with or against in any sport has questioned their coach or what they were doing. The only time it's a problem is if they stop acting as part of the team and deviate on their own. Doesn't mean coaches are always right, that's for certain though I'm sure a lot of my coaches were brain dead at times :)

Ronald Speckerjust

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ive showed my frustration with him. This game showed how horrible he is. Put your input
People are talking about just this,year. When was the last time we had a good defense? The last time we put a decent defense on the field we won the super bowl

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting article. Although it brings up the question:
If our athletes are so good in the secondary, why can't they play zone effectively? It seems that the article is saying that no one should ever play zone, unless your athletes are so bad, they can't do anything else. Maybe that's the truth, I don't know, but it seems like more of a philosophical statement.

H

HardRightEdge

I only hope it wasn't some ridiculous plan to have him cover a RB in open space or something.
That approximates the Capers zone blitz, dropping a D-Lineman or OLB into a passing lane looking for a cheap pick. It actually works on occasion.

H

HardRightEdge

Those occasions have been few and far between.
Raji had a famous one. Peppers had at least one. Matthews dropped one right in his breadbasket last season. I'm sure there have been others. Few and far between, to be sure, but they don't run it that often either. It works best against inexperienced QBs (like much of what Capers does) who just don't see them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts