Favre bashing

charlesplaisted

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Receivers are paid to get open, which they don't.

Ingle Martin will never see the field in a Packer uniform. Why are some of you people so obsessed with a third string no-talent from Furman?

umair..

Did the Packer's score in the Red Zone the three times they were there in the 1st Qtr? What makes you think they would have scored then with 9 minutes left to go in the 4th then?

Futility son. The futility of not having enough talent around you to win games. That's what you're seeing out there.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wasnt that answered. Can you at least respond to that. Its called a dialogue. it flows. It might not go anywhere, but it beats stating the same thing over and over.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll say this once and only once for you Packer "fans."

Ingle Martin > The other 31 NFL starting QBs

It's science people. Look into it.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I refrained from jumping into this as it is nearly a bait thread, but why not?

Lets get this out: Brett Favre, today, is the best option the Packers have at QB. He was the best option when Aaron Rodgers was there. He's the best option on 25 or so of the 32 teams. Thanks to Ted Thompson mainly, Favre has little to work with. In front of him are three freaking rookies, for goodness sake. In my lifetime, I can't remember another NFL team trying to compete in that manner by choice. Donald Driver is a good receiver, but he has no one else, at the moment, to take the heat off him. Jennings isn't there yet. Bubba Franks has turned into a hands of stone "tackle", blocks well, can't run or catch anymore(signed to a contract extension). Martin is hurt, as usual. Donald Lee has turned into a non-factor. Ahman Green is a shell of 2003. Occasionally he can do it, but with an inexperienced offensive line in the middle, he's been only mildly effective. William Henderson can't cut it anymore and Miree has been...hurt.

Superman couldn't make this offense work with the current set of players.

McCarthy's approach is working to help Brett Favre manage the game. Favre has only reverted to his bad habit of slinging the ball a few times.
Overall, Brett is having a better than average season. His problem is you can't win it alone.

That said....I really, really disagree with the thread-starters assertion that if you don't like Brett Favre's play you are a 'hater'. I hate the Bears and the Vikings. I don't hate Brett Favre. He's a Packer. Quite honestly I thought Favre had lost his mind last year. This year he hasn't been the problem at all. But if I made the assertion that all people who don't like the Packers belong to Al-Queda, it would be akin to the assertion the thread starter made about people who might question Favre's play. There's a big difference between questioning a football play and questioning the man. There's no doubt about him being a man.

If you want to fall into hero worship, so be it. I see Favre as a competitor, but there's more, much more, to winning offensive football than your QB.

The real problem with the Green Bay Packers 2006 is in the front office.

charlesplaisted

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finally, the truth!

Bless you net, for this excellent post.

And it's not that I think Packer fans are exhibiting "hero worhip", as you call it, but more an appreciation for the skill, talent, heart, and ability that Brett Favre has brought to the Green Bay Packers, lo these many years.

And the fact that some people do not like to see him attacked unfairly, singled out as "the problem", saying he's "lost it", and blamed with all that is wrong with the state of the Packers, because it is simply not true.

It's ludacris to think, as some posters do, that if only Aaron Rodgers was in there (or Ingle Martin), or anyone else besides Brett Favre, the Packers would be a winning team, and that that Favre guy is somehow gumming up the works, and ruining the vision that TT and MM have for the current day Green Bay Packer team, and that is what they believe, although they may deny it.

The undeniable fact exists, as you eloquently state net, is this...

"Superman couldn't make this offense work with the current set of players."

It would be good for us fans to understand and remember this before we go bashing anybody in a Packer uniform.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets get this out: Brett Favre, today, is the best option the Packers have at QB.

Is he? Is he really? He might be now that A-Rod is down, and Ingle is Ingle(who I still think we should see what he has, cuz we know what favre has, which is a lacking in accuracy these days, and the same gunslinger mentality which doesnt work with bad decisions and bad accuracy).

McCarthy's approach is working to help Brett Favre manage the game. Favre has only reverted to his bad habit of slinging the ball a few times.

A few times? As in around 2? He had "a few" in the last game ALONE. Lets face it, when the team is down, he feels the need to put the team on his shoulders(which is habit Sherman put on him, cuz Sherman was silly, so this isnt Favres fault entirely). He forces the issue, and its so predictable these days its insane. Look at my sig. If "I" know what Favre is gonna do, million dollar players and coaches know too.

The real problem with the Green Bay Packers 2006 is in the front office.

well thats your opinion, and thats cool. I just hope opinions you voice in threads dont get locked or deleted like my 'Start Ingle Martin' ones, which, weren't really about Ingle as much as Brett. I love Brett, but I love the Packers a little more.

abztractmynd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol its cute how after someone posts something good about Favre and something bad about everyone around him, i see chearleaders congratulating that wonder of a man for such a great post.

"Overall, Brett is having a better than average season. His problem is you can't win it alone."
- To say that Brett Favre is having a better than average season this year is an accurate statement...considering the last couple years have been horrendous. But to even think that Brett Favre had a BETTER than average season without counting his past seasons is a big overstatement.

"Jennings isn't there yet"
- How can you say he isnt there yet, the guy has shown he can catch the ball and make big plays 36 times, but the Packers havent really thrown the ball his way much this year. 36 receptions through 10 games compared to DD with double what Jennings has. He is there, the injury slowed him yes...but he is there, and he is as complete as Colston or any other rookie WR.

to Charlesplaisted or whatever...We dont want Favres head on a platter, we just want to exercise our options at QB considering Favre isnt a GOD he cant play forever, his lease has almost expired, and he isnt as effective as he was before. You cant say that Favre is the best choice at QB right now, because we dont know how Ingle Martin will respond, u never know he could be a tom brady or kurt warner or Ben Roth. The whole reason we want Favre to throw in the towel is because we want to move forward, as soon as possible, to insure a quicker brighter future for the team. and if u think i just want Favre..my favorite player, out because i hate his guts, than why would I or anyone else have ever become a packer fan...because we loved seeing 4 run around and make plays.

and as for the cheerleaders....i think they just read the first sentence "Brett Favre, today, is the best option the Packers have at QB" and decided on tagging it the greatest post ever!!!

charlesplaisted

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol its cute how after someone posts something good about Favre and something bad about everyone around him, i see chearleaders congratulating that wonder of a man for such a great post.

"Overall, Brett is having a better than average season. His problem is you can't win it alone."
- To say that Brett Favre is having a better than average season this year is an accurate statement...considering the last couple years have been horrendous. But to even think that Brett Favre had a BETTER than average season without counting his past seasons is a big overstatement.

To say that Brett Favre has been horrendous without considering the state of the rest of the Packer organization is a joke. I guess it doesn't matter if you have rookies and injuries and a shell of a team, against all logic, Favre should somehow magically win it all for them. What you are implying by your statement is that Favre can win it all, by himself.

- How can you say he isnt there yet, the guy has shown he can catch the ball and make big plays 36 times, but the Packers havent really thrown the ball his way much this year. 36 receptions through 10 games compared to DD with double what Jennings has. He is there, the injury slowed him yes...but he is there, and he is as complete as Colston or any other rookie WR.

Jennings is a rookie, and he is not there yet. What more do you need to know? This is a fact.

to Charlesplaisted or whatever...We dont want Favres head on a platter, we just want to exercise our options at QB considering Favre isnt a GOD he cant play forever, his lease has almost expired, and he isnt as effective as he was before. You cant say that Favre is the best choice at QB right now, because we dont know how Ingle Martin will respond, u never know he could be a tom brady or kurt warner or Ben Roth. The whole reason we want Favre to throw in the towel is because we want to move forward, as soon as possible, to insure a quicker brighter future for the team. and if u think i just want Favre..my favorite player, out because i hate his guts, than why would I or anyone else have ever become a packer fan...because we loved seeing 4 run around and make plays.

Do you mean like Aaron Rodgers who was horrendous against New England, and then went out and broke his foot? Some future for the Pack there. If TT hadn't hamstrung Favre this year and went out and gotten him some legitimate weapons, the Pack would be competing for the division right now. Will it happen next year? You'll have to ask TT about that one. Right now, his record in FA isn't too good. But here's a sad fact for you and great for many other Packer fans here--Brett Favre will be the best option at QB for the GB Packers next year too. And the year after that, as well, if he wants to come back!

and as for the cheerleaders....i think they just read the first sentence "Brett Favre, today, is the best option the Packers have at QB" and decided on tagging it the greatest post ever!!!

And another thing. I like my posts, so I believe I'll give them a cheer!

:cheerleader:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like how you make it sound like A-Rod broke his foot after the game, and on purpose('and then went out and broke his foot' LOL, ok)

In reality he was playing the game WITH a broken foot. Oh revisionist history.

(im still not sure a-rod will be the future, so dont take this post as me saying that.)

charlesplaisted

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look, you think Favre's lost it.

Others think it's the team and talent around him.

Who is right?

Well TT, sign some stud WR's in FA, shore up the O-line, and sign a backup to Ahman Green and we will see next year, now won't we?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never dismissed the talent around him. Im talking about Brett Favre. #4, and the decisions he makes.

Is he not bright enough to go "Hey, I'm not gonna throw it into double coverage there, for many reasons. 1. its DOUBLE COVERAGE, and although I AM a gunslinger, that might not work out. 2. There is plenty of time, no need to force the issue here. 3. Is that Chris Francies? well....screw what I just thought, thats Chris Francies, theres NO WAY this could go bad!"

My favorite part about the last game was around the 2 minute warning he started throwing the checkdowns.....AFTER his 2 interceptions. If he did that like 7 minutes earlier, things mighta(probably not though, due to bad refs and a bad defense) been different. But Favre has to do HIS job, and thats to play like a ****ing hall of famer.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Look, you think Favre's lost it.

Others think it's the team and talent around him.

Who is right?

Well TT, sign some stud WR's in FA, shore up the O-line, and sign a backup to Ahman Green and we will see next year, now won't we?

There is not any 16 yr vet who has not lost some of their skills. Brett recently said he is not the same QB he was in the middle of his career as per talent.

It's also the experience on the roster, or lack there of. Brett helped MAKE some receivers better than they truly were with his masterful skills.

Brett is aging, our team is inexperienced in quite a few areas. OL, WR to name two that effect him directly.

I honestly think the best year, the best chance we have at being a serious contender is next year. I think after next season Brett's talent is gonna drop more apparent than it has over the years. Meaning I think Brett's been declining gradually over the past few seasons. I'll do a lil chart heh :)

Zero's Chart of Brett's Talent
91 - 93 = climbed each year after the first
94 - 99 = peak years
00 - 05 = gradually went down little by little, poor talent surrounding him throws it up with a prayer
06 - 07 = still has a great arm, poor decision making
07 - 08 = starts losing arm, worse decision making an cant make the throws he did five years ago.

I think he calls it quits at the end of 2007. And no one will truly know what would have been of Brett L. Favre if he had played an 18th season in the NFL and gets inducted into the Hall of Fame in 2012-2013 whichever year they do that lol ... hes a first year HoF'er most surely!

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It is cute to be a cheerleader and I was one in high school, :cheerleader: but I can cheer when I think a post or posts are great and greatly written,,,after all is just a viewpoint and we all have them...

And why on earth would you take Favre out and put in another QB, yes Martin could be a Big Ben, or Tom Brady we dont know, but then again he maybe a flop who wants to chance that right now when Brett is still playing well IMO...again its not just one person that makes a good team its everyone on that team...

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
abztractmynd said:

To say that Brett Favre has been horrendous without considering the state of the rest of the Packer organization is a joke. I guess it doesn't matter if you have rookies and injuries and a shell of a team, against all logic, Favre should somehow magically win it all for them. What you are implying by your statement is that Favre can win it all, by himself.

Jennings is a rookie, and he is not there yet. What more do you need to know? This is a fact.

Do you mean like Aaron Rodgers who was horrendous against New England, and then went out and broke his foot? Some future for the Pack there. If TT hadn't hamstrung Favre this year and went out and gotten him some legitimate weapons, the Pack would be competing for the division right now. Will it happen next year? You'll have to ask TT about that one. Right now, his record in FA isn't too good. But here's a sad fact for you and great for many other Packer fans here--Brett Favre will be the best option at QB for the GB Packers next year too. And the year after that, as well, if he wants to come back!

And another thing. I like my posts, so I believe I'll give them a cheer!

:cheerleader:

Cheer away Charles I will join you!!! :cheerleader:

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never dismissed the talent around him. Im talking about Brett Favre. #4, and the decisions he makes.

Is he not bright enough to go "Hey, I'm not gonna throw it into double coverage there, for many reasons. 1. its DOUBLE COVERAGE, and although I AM a gunslinger, that might not work out. 2. There is plenty of time, no need to force the issue here. 3. Is that Chris Francies? well....screw what I just thought, thats Chris Francies, theres NO WAY this could go bad!"

My favorite part about the last game was around the 2 minute warning he started throwing the checkdowns.....AFTER his 2 interceptions. If he did that like 7 minutes earlier, things mighta(probably not though, due to bad refs and a bad defense) been different. But Favre has to do HIS job, and thats to play like a ****ing hall of famer.

We wouldnt have won that game anyways, Favre wanted to make something happen so he slung it, I for one loved it sorry some of you didnt. The first interception we had 6 minutes on the clock we needed two touchdowns and a field goal to win, plus handing the ball over to the other team in between in noway would we have won that game anyways...with or without the interceptions...IMO

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
abztractmynd said:

It is cute to be a cheerleader and I was one in high school, :cheerleader: but I can cheer when I think a post or posts are great and greatly written,,,after all is just a viewpoint and we all have them...

And why on earth would you take Favre out and put in another QB, yes Martin could be a Big Ben, or Tom Brady we dont know, but then again he maybe a flop

and that would what, ruin our playoff chances this year?

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can agree that Brett doesn't always make the best decisions and forces throws but why do people treat it as if it's something that's just come up. He's been that gunslinger since day 1 but now cause we're losing he's all of the sudden gotta go cause of it. Like he's said many times he has to realize this team isn't good enough to overcome the mistakes like the Packers of old. This being said I for now don't blame TT as we got the youngest team and to me the true test will come next year. Some don't think we're improving but we have as many wins already as last year and could very easily win 3 more which would give us 7-9 and one step away from playoffs next year.
My ideal scenerio is the young o-line becomes a force next year and the D gels together. If this happens and Brett comes back feeling he doesn't have to be the key I'd love to see us make one run at glory with old #4. After this there will be many years for Aaron or Ingle to get there shot with hopefully a well built team and we can all get our wish.
Now let's all go for ice cream. LOL

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No it wouldnt, but I would still love to win some games yet this year and if you put in Martin IMO I just have a feeling we wouldnt win any...

And of course I want to see Brett play and why not?? He still has what it takes to win IMO...

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can agree that Brett doesn't always make the best decisions and forces throws but why do people treat it as if it's something that's just come up.

You're missing a key point ive been making, which is his accuracy isnt what it used to be. hes always been a gunslinger and a big ol kid in a mans body. But there was once a time you could throw a tennis ball in the air 30 yards away from favre and he could hit the ball dead on with great accuracy and power.

Now...the power is still there(surprisingly, hes not human!) but...the accuracy isnt there.

Thats my point.

Gunslinger + Bad Accuracy = Bad Play

and yes the o-line is questionable and the running game isnt consistent at all, and a bunch of other things, but thats about the team. Im not talking about the team, im talking about the quarterbacking of the team.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can agree his accuracy isn't what it used to be but if we could return to a stage where the team isn't on his shoulders he can still help us win. I felt after his first slump a few years back he returned to stardom when we transformed into a run first team with Green being dominant Brett didn't have to force nearly as many balls into tight coverage. If the O-line could gel and we can become run first next year I think Brett can still thrive off short passes and playaction. If he's back to throwing 50 passes a game I don't see us succeeding but if he has to do just enough he can be the guy. See Steve McNair. Now how bout that ice cream?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can agree his accuracy isn't what it used to be but if we could return to a stage where the team isn't on his shoulders he can still help us win. I felt after his first slump a few years back he returned to stardom when we transformed into a run first team with Green being dominant Brett didn't have to force nearly as many balls into tight coverage. If the O-line could gel and we can become run first next year I think Brett can still thrive off short passes and playaction. If he's back to throwing 50 passes a game I don't see us succeeding but if he has to do just enough he can be the guy. See Steve McNair. Now how bout that ice cream?

you shouldnt have to cater to a HoF'er like that....hes a HoFer, hes SUPPOSED to come through there, not mess up and make his fans go "oh well...donald driver isnt very good....jennings is a rookie...."

whatever....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts