1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Favre bashing

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by DePack, Nov 28, 2006.

1. jdlax

jdlax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I just want to have the 100th reply in this thread.

Suckers.

2. Packersfan43084

Packersfan43084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

just ridiculous Trom. Dude you need to look at the facts. Brett made some decisions at the end of the game, throwing the ball up and such. But c'mon do you honestly believe Ingle Martin is the answer? :rubeyes: Dude couldn't keep his starting job at Florida. He probably won't amount to anything more than a career NFL backup. That's just the truth. Favre is still the best and right now only option for the Packers.

3. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    No, ive never said Ingle Martin was the answer.

I think I understand why people are pissed at me. They don't comprehend what I am saying.

4. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8

As I've learned, sometimes not the world thats wrong. ;)

5. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Favre is playing really good this year. Especially in our wins he has 0 picks. In the loses he has all 10 of them.

Overall though he's playing better and smarter football. Losing to Seattle was expected and I'm guessing that's what caused the whole Ingle Martin debacle.

6. abztractmynd

abztractmynd Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    This thread is not about the Packer team as a whole, when i speak of Favre i speak about him and only how he has been playing. How did that statement imply that Favre can win all by himself? LMAO that is a wayyyyy off implication if you think that.

Jennings might be a rookie....but if more passes went his way, he would make more catches. Though he hasnt been receiving the ball as much, he STILL showed he can play. MAYBE he isnt at his PRIME yet, if thats what ur implying, but he sure is at a level of excellence in all his abilities.

How do you expect Aaron Rodgers to react in a game against IMO the best team in the AFC. Its not like Favre did any better in the game. ARod hasnt been playing the whole season, he hasnt even been playing the past 2 seasons he was drafted, and for any guy getting his first play time especially against a top notch defense, for u to consider that horrendous, well my friend...you dont know football.

Why are u throwing words into my mouth? i never implied or said that Favre playing would be sad or bad. I just feel that if the team is going to grow, it needs new leadership at where it counts most, QB.

So please stop assuming i "imply" things about Favre or anyone else for the matter.

FYI, about the cheerleaders, i wasnt refering to you, i was refering to the people after ur post.

7. abztractmynd

abztractmynd Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    oh i see Heathie....but u sure wouldnt consider my post great...after all, my post sure does put the blame on Favre doesnt it. Ya thats what they all think, except Trom, but its ok i understand. A well written and thought out post HAS TO involve Favres greatness to be cheered, IMO...of course.

8. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Easy abztract, Heather has every right to decide what post she thinks is good/great, and I'm sure "praising Brett" isn't the sole criteria. :)

9. Yared-Yam

Yared-Yam Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That cheerleader emoticon makes me sick...

10. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think IMO this year Brett has made some good decisions, now last year wasnt his best year in football, but again IMO I believe it was the team around him, if the team isnt playing well how can Favre play well? How can Favre be accurate? I am by no means saying whatever Favre does hes a genuis and I would be the first to say if Favre couldnt play anymore to get him out of there, but thats the thing, he is playing well when he can and why would they be saying he still is in the top 5 QB's this season if he wasnt playing well? Dont make sense to me explain that? Yes he is getting older and yes maybe he dont have the mobility he once has but he is still running around and moving out of the pocket well. Is he running for touchdowns? Nope, Oh I take that back he did run the ball in for a touchdown this year and had his first lambeugh leap. IMO I believe that when Favre makes his mistakes he is doing it to make something happen when they are down points in the game, hes a competitor. Otherwise he is managing the game well when they are in it to win and the score is close enough to win.

11. Heatherthepackgirl

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Easy abztract!! Everyone has the right on here to think if posts are well written and good. If Brett didnt deserve the praise I wouldnt give it to him. Again if Brett was an aweful QB I would want him replaced to for the good of the team but you have to look at the overall picture IMO of the "whole" team not just one person and I know I have said this over and over again. I have seen Brett make or try to make plays down the field and our reciever isnt even looking for the ball and after the catch isnt made Brett is making gestures to that person like "where the hec were you" it has lots to do with timing with these plays and recievers knowing where they are suppose to be. Is that all the time? No Im sure not, I am sure Brett does make mistakes just like every other QB in this league hes not perfect, did you guys hear that? Hes not perfect...but the man can still play, I have heard announcers say this, media say this, etc....so its just not a few on this board that think this way..again IMO...

12. charlesplaisted

charlesplaisted Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    This quote says it all.

absztract mind wrote:
    You can't separate a QB's play from the rest of the team. IT'S A TEAM SPORT! All of the positions are dependent upon one another to make it work.

Since we were saying that the team around Brett Favre isn't very good yet because of rookies, lack of talent, the o-line, etc, then how can you expect Favre to win games without the support of the rest of the team?

If you think that, then you think that Brett Favre can win it all by himself.

It's logical. It flows from the reasoning of your argument.

By the way, it's a myth that Brett Favre is innaccurate, but it's one that certain posters like to perpetuate to justify their own agenda. Just like the myth that he makes bad decisions.

He trys to make plays and win when no other options are available!

13. Heatherthepackgirl

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry I meant to say thanks to all about da packers IMO hes right it isnt the sole criteria..

14. charlesplaisted

Ratings:
    +0
    Excellent post Heathie!

I'm gonna give it 3 cheers!

:cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :jumpsmile:

15. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    who said anything about winning games? I know I sure didn't. Its about bad accuracy and bad decisions, like throwing to francies and martin in double coverage. If you wanna blame TT and MM for having those 2 guys on the team, thats fine, but once again you'd be missing the point, which is about an every post thing for you, chuck.

16. charlesplaisted

Ratings:
    +0
    So what exactly is your point then?

That the Packers can win games with anyone but the inaccurate Favre in there, or that with Aaron Rodgers or Ingle Martin in the game, there may be no interceptions, but no points, and no wins either?

I think the point is that you don't have a point!

(Except maybe to bash Brett Favre, imo.)

17. abztractmynd

abztractmynd Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Charles...you arent reading the post carefully, i am not talking about WINNING or the packers as a TEAM, i am talking about FAVRE as an individual performance.

You can easily seperate a team from its QB, its called individual statistics. thats why the NFL has team stats(performance) and individual stats(performance)...to seperate such things.

One more time....this isnt about winning or the team, its about Favre as an individual

how can it be said that Favres innacuracy is a myth? he has been showing his innacuracy for years. That being said...im not saying ALL of his passes were innacurate, but a chunky portion have been.

18. abztractmynd

abztractmynd Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Charles, no one said we can win games without Favre, we want Favre in there if he can win the games for us. If not, we want someone who can. this isnt about Favre bashing or hating, this is all about putting someone in that can win games for us. Yes, alot does have to do with the team, but the team right now has been improving and is on the right path for success. That being said...we want to experience a new QB and see what that person can do, we dont have Favre forever...its time for a change. (plz dont comment by talking about A-Rods performance against the Patriots)

19. abztractmynd

abztractmynd Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    ur welcome Heather! haha. Favre's performance this season as a whole has been average. His past couple games against REAL teams with REAL talent has been horrible. We arent beating good teams...we are beating bad teams, which atleats means were not at the bottom, but we sure are close to it. Ya Favre can still play and he can still throw and win games, but he needs to show he can by keeping his level of performance throughout games evenly paced. He was doing GREAT in the Seattle game up until the end of the game.

I blame this thread, all the trash talk, etc...on that friggin penalty. we had the game.

20. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8

21. umair

umair Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    agreed, everytime i see that call on zeros video i get angry.

22. charlesplaisted

Ratings:
    +0
    :roll:

You guys just don't get it, an I'm tired of trying to e'splain it to you.

Suffice it to say that with this Packer team, Peyton Manning or Tom Brady wouldn't be doing any better.

Does that seem to make it easier for anyone to understand? You're only as good at QB as the team and offensive weapons around you.

Maybe Favre should just go out there by himself if you guys think he should be winning games all by himself. Would save cheapo Ted some $$$.

23. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Thats your opinion. I like how you pass it off as fact though. thats cute.

and by cute I mean ignorant.

24. charlesplaisted

Ratings:
    +0
    What's the matter?

Does this fact shake your Brett Favre bashing worldview to it's core?

That's ignorance, my friend.

25. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    you calling your opinion fact makes you twice as ignorant.

brady and peyton = a lot more accurate than brett is these days, and arent gunslingers who act first, think second.