Favre bashing

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I stayed away from this forum last night to avoid the TMA factor, but reading today it is clear that there are a few guys on this board that absolutely hate Favre. Please don't come back with the "I don't hate him, I just want what's best for this franchise BS", because I'm assuming that by posting on a football forum you follow the game.

If somebody says the offensive line played crappy the response is always "well Favre sucks". If somebody say MM called a bad game the response is "yea well I'm sure he told Favre to throw an int".

The bottomline is Favre is playing with **** talent right now. The fact that Ruvell Martin or Chris Francis is even on the field shows how bad the talent on this team is. We have 3 rookies on the o-line right now, and unless we are playing a 1 win team they are overwhelmed. Our defense sucks.

Farve has thrown 10 ints this year. Only 2 of them have come when the Packers were ahead or within a touchdown, I believe. I guess some fans would rather he just try to protect his stats and not try to bring the team back. It ain't gonna happen.

Again.....don't be afraid to stand up and admit that you are a Favre hater. All the experts agree that he still has it. I believe Steve Young said last night he is still one of the best 5 QB's in the league but hey you guys know more than a hall of fame QB. Let's bench his **** and bring in Ingle Martin or worse....Aaron Rodgers.

dxbfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish I could find the footage from the very last play something like 5 secs on the clock. Favre threw a pass (I forget who it was thrown to) there was a moment when it seemed that the catch had been fumbled and the ball was up for grabs near the sideline. Favre then ran and threw himself into the pile of players fighting for the ball in an attempt to win the ball and run it for a TD. It wouldnt have won the game, it wouldnt have made much difference to his stats, all it would have done was to have salvaged some pride.

This is not about Favre not giving a damn or losing any of his skills. This as DePack has said is about playing on a team that for a variety of reasons - talent, execution, coaching doesnt have what it takes to go up against a successful team. And if anything its about Favre refusing to give up on this team.

OP
OP
D

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish I could find the footage from the very last play something like 5 secs on the clock. Favre threw a pass (I forget who it was thrown to) there was a moment when it seemed that the catch had been fumbled and the ball was up for grabs near the sideline. Favre then ran and threw himself into the pile of players fighting for the ball in an attempt to win the ball and run it for a TD. It wouldnt have won the game, it wouldnt have made much difference to his stats, all it would have done was to have salvaged some pride.

This is not about Favre not giving a damn or losing any of his skills. This as DePack has said is about playing on a team that for a variety of reasons - talent, execution, coaching doesnt have what it takes to go up against a successful team. And if anything its about Favre refusing to give up on this team.

great post dbx

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I stayed away from this forum last night to avoid the TMA factor, but reading today it is clear that there are a few guys on this board that absolutely hate Favre. Please don't come back with the "I don't hate him, I just want what's best for this franchise BS", because I'm assuming that by posting on a football forum you follow the game.

If somebody says the offensive line played crappy the response is always "well Favre sucks". If somebody say MM called a bad game the response is "yea well I'm sure he told Favre to throw an int".

The bottomline is Favre is playing with **** talent right now. The fact that Ruvell Martin or Chris Francis is even on the field shows how bad the talent on this team is. We have 3 rookies on the o-line right now, and unless we are playing a 1 win team they are overwhelmed. Our defense sucks.

Farve has thrown 10 ints this year. Only 2 of them have come when the Packers were ahead or within a touchdown, I believe. I guess some fans would rather he just try to protect his stats and not try to bring the team back. It ain't gonna happen.

Again.....don't be afraid to stand up and admit that you are a Favre hater. All the experts agree that he still has it. I believe Steve Young said last night he is still one of the best 5 QB's in the league but hey you guys know more than a hall of fame QB. Let's bench his **** and bring in Ingle Martin or worse....Aaron Rodgers.

Very good post.
I wish that one chart was still up that got posted in the first couple weeks of the season. with Favres TD to INT ratio. He had a better ratio than allmost all of the other great QBs of all time.
I agree to a point about what you said about the talent factor. Unlike you I think there is a lot of good talent on the team. Its young and undeveloped talent(which for right now might as well be considered no talent). As I said last night Payton Manning/Tom Brady couldnt win on this team either.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Why is this bait thread even allowed?

The offensive line didnt suck. Our defense sucked, our special teams sucked, morency was pretty bad, but the oline, which was garbage last year and early on this year, was good. Oh yeah, Favre can do no wrong.

AADP, get rid of this bait thread.

OP
OP
D

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:

Why is this bait thread even allowed?

The offensive line didnt suck. Our defense sucked, our special teams sucked, morency was pretty bad, but the oline, which was garbage last year and early on this year, was good. Oh yeah, Favre can do no wrong.

AADP, get rid of this bait thread.

Bait thread? Why are you so intimidated?

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HAHA....from the bait king himself. Have you read your signature?

I love it. DePack as I said before good post. Trom is gettin upset again. But hey you can be happy that trom isn't our HC!!!!!!!

OP
OP
D

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:

I love it. DePack as I said before good post. Trom is gettin upset again. But hey you can be happy that trom isn't our HC!!!!!!!

Actually I have nothing against trom or anyone else on this forum because after all we don't REALLY know each other. I just find it amazing that after all he's done there are so many people that hate Favre and rip him in order to deflect criticism from TT or anybody else. It's as if TT deserves the loyalty more than Favre. Oh well...whatever....I'm done with playtime!

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

WOW what a great post!!!! Everything you have said here is what I am thinking...way to go Depack!!!!!!! :cheerleader:

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agopackgo4 said:
DePack said:

Actually I have nothing against trom or anyone else on this forum because after all we don't REALLY know each other. I just find it amazing that after all he's done there are so many people that hate Favre and rip him in order to deflect criticism from TT or anybody else. It's as if TT deserves the loyalty more than Favre. Oh well...whatever....I'm done with playtime!

No personally i do not have anything at all against trom. but i do dissagree with his point of view on the favre thing. i think it is sensless. thats nothing against him himself. im sure he could very well be a great person.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh for crying out loud. Really, can everyone keep it on topic, please? To stay on topic, since I guess I'm one of the 'Favre haters'...

It's really lame to attack people's loyalty to a team, player, or anything else because they criticize that thing. Brett Favre was the reason why, growing up in MN, I loved the Green Bay Packers. He is still my favorite player in any sport. Please don't call me a 'hater' because I say he had a bad game.

favre played like crap. Just accept it. He's not perfect, but our team needs him to perform better than he did last night. he has been doing that lately this season, but I don't think its too much to ask for a little consistency from the hero of your franchise.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score

depack i agree with you every time favre trys to win a game and he throws an int people bash him for it. but this time it was his fault. he did not need to throw the ball into doubble covrage with 7 min left in the game. we had plenty of time to score and in that time he threw 2 ints.

i love favre but a big part of this loss was on fave. also that we couldent score off of turnovers.

i hope you can see where i am comeing from.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ah, I see, if you criticize the "great one", then we're not loyal Packer fans, am I correct? Those of you who feel that way amaze me, you really do. You're also completely clueless. You seem to be confused between loyalty to your team, your players and Brett Favre. To me Brett is a member of this team and I want him to be as great as he always has been. I want every member of this team to be great. The problem is; they not great. As much as I love and respect Brett Favre and all he stands for, his legend is beginning to slip because the interceptions he throws always leave a bad taste in my mouth. I know the guy is trying to win the game. My point is now and always has been, if you turn the ball back over the to the opponents offense and you dont' have the ball in your hands, you can't score. I know he's trying to make a play but you can't throw into double and triple coverage when you get behind and expect to catch up.

I love and respect the man's courage, intestinal fortitude, talent, and leadership. He is and always has been the leader of this team. I guess the bottom line is that I expect more of this great player than perhaps he can give right now. He's not surrounded by very much talent and that is part of the problem Brett is being relied upon to carry this team and he simply can't do that with what he is surrounded by.

But back to my main point. Please don't question my loyalty to the Packers because I get on Mr. Favre. And just because I get on him when he starts throwing interceptions doesn't mean I don't hold him in the highest regard.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I think Brett loses faith towards the end of the game an wings it up hoping the WR come down with it. I don't think this happens all the time, more so when something unreal happens. ie the stupid penalities.

Personally, if you're gonna throw it up like that, why throw it up to someone who was on the practice squad four weeks ago when you have Jennings and Driver healthy?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
It's really lame to attack people's loyalty to a team, player, or anything else because they criticize that thing.

Take your common sense and get out of here. Packerforum doesnt like common sense.

OP
OP
D

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For those of you offended by my post. Reread it. If you do and still feel that it is pointed at you then it is. I'm not talking about anytime he makes a mistake. I'm not talking about being frustrated with his play at times.

I'm talking about the incessant bashing no matter what. When we win he is the greatest of all time. When we lose he should be benched in favor of Pee Wee Herman. Or if someone has something constructive to say about our GM or coach, certain individuals will deflect all blame on Brett. I just feel he has proven himself and earned the respect of Packer fans.

Whatever....some get it. Others never will.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think a majority here has every right to critze Favre when he does do something that makes you scratch your head..

If these people can say MM called a bad game, TT sucks, Kurt sucks etc...Why cant people say Brett played a bad game?

I NEVER agreed with bringing in Rodgers, or anyone else UNLESS the game was so far out of hand either way..

If no chance for a comeback why risk Brett being out there if down or up by 20 with 8 mins to go?

But those that want to see a different q/b play in other circumstances, that is their right I guess...

OP
OP
D

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think a majority here has every right to critze Favre when he does do something that makes you scratch your head..

If these people can say MM called a bad game, TT sucks, Kurt sucks etc...Why cant people say Brett played a bad game?

I NEVER agreed with bringing in Rodgers, or anyone else UNLESS the game was so far out of hand either way..

If no chance for a comeback why risk Brett being out there if down or up by 20 with 8 mins to go?

But those that want to see a different q/b play in other circumstances, that is their right I guess...

That's not what I'm sa........forget it. Like I said some get it. Others don't

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack also said San Francisco's a ***** city, but he's not a racist.

Yeah...just cuz people don't want Brett to play makes them hate
Brett. Guess that's the law of nature or something.

Members online

Latest posts