Favre bashing

charlesplaisted

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK.

Here's a question for you then?

What do you think Tom Brady would be able to do with the current Green Bay Packer team if he was magically transported as QB?

Get to the playoffs?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
OK.

What do you think Tom Brady would be able to do with the current Green Bay Packer team if he was magically transported as QB?

Get to the playoffs?

There is no question Brett's accuracy is lacking. Any QB with better accuracy would be a better fit for the Packers. I've been in denial about the decline in his accuracy for awhile, but today, I can't deny it anymore. Brett on atleast two occasions under threw Driver where if he hadn't it would have gone for six. Assuming Driver caught it of course. There were also several passes that were way behind the receiver/tight end/rb or were too low or too high.

I love Brett, he's one of my hero's. His skills are declining and it really ****ing sucks.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i reall hope he proves us wrong about his accuracy next week.

He usually does play good after a couple of bad weeks.

For the record Favre is the best QB we have and the best chance we have to win I just don't think he's the best in the game anymore. I think his decline begun in 04 but has really picked up the past couple of years.

As for the "What If" Question. I think in the NFC Brady or Manning would have GB as a wild card contender. Probably 8 or 9 wins.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Heatherthepackgirl said:
tromadz said:
you calling your opinion fact makes you twice as ignorant.

brady and peyton = a lot more accurate than brett is these days, and arent gunslingers who act first, think second.

Brady and Peyton have recievers that catch the ball and get open that is the difference. I am not saying Brady and Peyton are not good QB's, they are great QB's but again their teams are good to, we dont have a good team right now, we have a young team and they will only get better over time...

Brady really doesn't have any good receivers. He has some mediocre ones and a good TE but that's about it. Troy Brown is the only one to go over 1000 yards before and he did that a while back now. Doug Gabriel isn't special and neither is Reche Caldwell. Chad Jackson is no better than Greg Jennings. In fact I'd take Driver and Jennings over all of them.

New England probably has the same amount of talent or similar talent on offense to GB. Brady is just in his prime and the coaching is light years better than McCarthy.

Brady and Manning are in their primes. They are the two best QB’s in the game today. They would be good anywhere’s. They’re that good. When Favre was in his prime he could have been put on the Bengals and they would have been a contender. That’s the level he played at. That’s the level Brady and Manning are at right now. Praise Steve Young for putting Favre in the top 5 of his top QB’s but don’t forget who his top 2 were. There is no argument. Save the debate for who is greater in their prime. Not who is better now because at 38 it’s not really fair to expect Favre to throw for 40 touchdowns in a season.

Favre is a great QB. He's just not an MVP no more. He's 38 years old and his talent is slowly fading. His arm is still there but he's accuracy and his mistakes are slowly getting worse. Favre is going to make his fair share of mistakes. He made mistakes against Seattle. People can't overreact though. They need to realize that Favre is still the best QB on this team and still a top 10 QB in the NFL when on and yes Favre can still win a SB on the right team Chicago or Baltimore to be exact. Everything works both ways though as Favre fans can't overreact to people who criticize Favre when he makes a mistake. He's still capable of playing at a high level and Favre is better than some of the throws he makes and most know that.

What no one seems to get is that Brady has got everything else around him that makes him better that Favre doesn't have with the Packers.

He has a good Defense, a good O-Line, good running game, good coaches, AND good WR's. And with all of this it took him some time to work in his WR's because when Branch left, he had to develop his timing with all of the new WR's.

It takes alot of other things to make the passing game work. And timing is not the least important thing. It seems to me that the Pack can't get in a rhythym on offense, and that is why they seem so pathetic.

Is it lack of imagination in offensive playing? Lack of personal? Youth?

Yes, Yes, and Yes.

This is what you must keep in mind when judging Brett Favre and comparing him to these other QB's. The QB position is dependent upon the entire offense doing well and doing it's job.

And so far, that has happened few and far between this year.

Great post!!!! :cheerleader:

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK.

Get to the playoffs?

IMO with our team as a "whole" no other 'great' QB would make the playoffs with our team behind them we are not making plays, our defense sucks, so much sucks on our team right now. But I for one will still support them no matter what, so we dont make the playoffs this year and maybe not next year but in time we will get there and I hope with Favre the leader of our team. I still believe IMO that Favre still has what it takes. Didnt anyone listen to the announcers yesterday? They said some pretty good accurate things about Favre's play...we didnt win the game yesterday but in noway IMO you can put the blame on FAvre for this loss, it was our defense that lost us the game...Just my viewpoint..

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
charlesplaisted said:
OK.

Get to the playoffs?

IMO with our team as a "whole" no other 'great' QB would make the playoffs with our team behind them we are not making plays, our defense sucks, so much sucks on our team right now. But I for one will still support them no matter what, so we dont make the playoffs this year and maybe not next year but in time we will get there and I hope with Favre the leader of our team. I still believe IMO that Favre still has what it takes. Didnt anyone listen to the announcers yesterday? They said some pretty good accurate things about Favre's play...we didnt win the game yesterday but in noway IMO you can put the blame on FAvre for this loss, it was our defense that lost us the game...Just my viewpoint..

it was the whole team that lost us the game. "all 53 guys are to blame for the loss, not 2 or 3 guys". this was from bretts press confrence.

yes the d was one fo the biggest reasons we lost but their where alot more. we did not play up to par on any side of the ball and we saw the result of what happens when we played like we did.

the worst part of all of this is we have had the chance of winning every game except a few and we still did not manage to take advantage of the sitituation. we deserve to have a loseing season if we cant take advantage of certin sitituations.

and people need to stop blameing one person for the team playing bad.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone on our team was to blame for our loss, and Brett has said it, its not only certain players on the team that are accountable for their actions its his to...when they say team he is part of it. He is only being honest.

Members online

Latest posts