Favre bashing

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i was referring the "emo" tag...like the crybabies and the marilyn manson listening kids. Im down with the youth, yo, i know whats hip. or something

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heatherthepackgirl said:
abztractmynd said:
Favre played a great game up until the remaining minutes in the 4th quarter when we really needed him. This is how he has been playing for a while, he doesnt make many comebacks anymore...he always forces passes when we need a score. That being said....no one wants Favre gone now...since no one else is left to bring in. Favre still has some left, but i dont think any coach can tell him to tone it down when behind. The reason we lost last night was a combination of bad penatly calls, bad special teams coverage, bad running defense, and bad early play calling decisions. this is a team game..lets not blame it on one person.

The reason IMO he dont make many comebacks anymore is this: You have to have recievers want to make plays and jump up and get the ball, I believe we had 6 minutes on the game clock when we were down two scores, not much time to make a huge come back we would have needed two touchdowns and a field goal to win, so Favre took his shots down the field.

Your ending statement IMO is true, we cannot ever blame one person, I truly believe that bad penalty call is what made a difference in this game and also our SP teams not playing well.

Favre will always take his shots down the field, sometimes they will be good and sometimes they maybe bad. But in the "so called good years" he had people out there making plays for him.

nice post Heathie!!

Thanks Trippie!!! :rotflmao:

stlpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i suggest everyone quits being such ******* and not ***** if somebody doesnt like favre i mean i like favre as much as the next guy..i do think its a little crazy to suggest starting ingle martin over favre but i dunno if itd be such a bad idea if we had someone better to put in..maybe if we had a defense we wouldnt have let seattles offense get started and comeback and force favre to force deep balls..also i dont know how some people can blame MM hes not the ones deciding who he throws to all MM can do is call the plays who favre throws to isnt his choice

charlesplaisted

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i suggest everyone quits being such ******* and not ***** if somebody doesnt like favre i mean i like favre as much as the next guy..i do think its a little crazy to suggest starting ingle martin over favre but i dunno if itd be such a bad idea if we had someone better to put in..maybe if we had a defense we wouldnt have let seattles offense get started and comeback and force favre to force deep balls..also i dont know how some people can blame MM hes not the ones deciding who he throws to all MM can do is call the plays who favre throws to isnt his choice

I think the point your trying to make is that the GB Packer team as a whole is not very good. But that's anathema to some people, i guess, and it seems they would rather blame everything on Brett Favre then admit that maybe the Packers are just not very good this year, and last year as well.

It doesn't make sense to me, but it makes them feel better for some reason, i guess. :kickcan:

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
stlpacker said:

I think the point your trying to make is that the GB Packer team as a whole is not very good. But that's anathema to some people, i guess, and it seems they would rather blame everything on Brett Favre then admit that maybe the Packers are just not very good this year, and last year as well.

It doesn't make sense to me, but it makes them feel better for some reason, i guess. :kickcan:

Great post!! IMO I also think the "whole" Packers team isnt very good this year, but we have to remember this is a young team and we can only get better. If people feel that bashing FAvre is the answer then so be it, it is their own viewpoint, but I for one wont bash Favre cause he isnt all of our problem.

sbp_387

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Brett Favre is a grate QB, yet he did force some throws last game.
I think if we loose the game against the jets then there is no way we are getting to the playoffs, this season is done. Brett Favre gives us the best chance to win, but if this season is done then we should put in a younger guy, to see what we have, if he has a bad game and bombs it well no big deal it’s not like we where going anywhere and it would put to rest all the comments of if Brett Favre should stay or go. Plus also in the off season Brett Favre need to commit early if he really cares about this team. Lets us know early as possible if he will stay or go.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe Favre isn't the guy to lead a team lacking of talent and heavily populated by rookies. Maybe Favre only works out on a talented team.

Excellent post Depack, you are once again displaying your worshipping of Favre as a god and the Favre first Green Bay Packers second mentality.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe Favre isn't the guy to lead a team lacking of talent and heavily populated by rookies. Maybe Favre only works out on a talented team.

Excellent post Depack, you are once again displaying your worshipping of Favre as a god and the Favre first Green Bay Packers second mentality.

I agree mostly. It began last year, when I came to the conclusion that Gunslinger + Bad line = Horrible

And thsi year early on, the line was still pretty bad, but it is coming into its own and is NOWHERE NEAR AS BAD as last year, so dont even ****ing try that line, people. The run game is still pretty bad, Ill let you have that, even though ahman is here. Favre also has a good combo this year in Donald and Greg, when he pretty much just had donald last year cuz everyone else got hurt.

Favres aggressive, its simple. Sometimes its great, sometimes its not. The last 2 years, due to his accuracy fading, it hasnt been great at all. His decision making is pretty bad. And while MM is a rookie HC who has done some stupid thing, Im pretty sure he didnt say "Hey, force the throw with 9 minutes left to a double covered ruvell martin!" then 2 minutes later say "Hey, this time lets force it to a double covered chris francies!" No. Donald and Greg were underneath and favre was feeling the pressure of being down, which you can blame on the defense i guess, but with about 9 minutes to go, down 10, its not that serious to be that stupid. That was Favre being Favre, and it wont work anymore.

charlesplaisted

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:chalflag: How do you rationalize or explain away the fact that the Packers got 3 turnovers in the first half and couldn't score in the Red Zone? Why did they run 3 times in a row and only gain 3 yards?

What makes you think they would have scored in the 4th Qtr if Seattle let the Pack into the Red Zone?

Sure, just blame it on Favre being Favre if that's convenient for you and won't rattle your cage to consider the other possible reasons or explanations for such things, such as, the Packers simply are not a very good team with not very much developed talent, right now. The coach is learning on the job. TT has made some significant blunders. The O-line is filled with rookies and is a horror show when it comes to running and pass protecting. Oh yeah, and add the fact that the two NFLE terrors, Francies and Martin are on the field tearing it up at WR. Among other things that can be named.

But by all means, go ahead and blame Favre if it somehow makes you feel better and doesn't disrupt your world view! Makes sense :roll:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, this is gonna be easy...

:chalflag: How do you rationalize or explain away the fact that the Packers got 3 turnovers in the first half and couldn't score in the Red Zone? Why did they run 3 times in a row and only gain 3 yards?

What makes you think they would have scored in the 4th Qtr if Seattle let the Pack into the Red Zone?

I dont. the running game struggled. We probably shoulda passed near the goal line right? Kinda like we did 2 weeks ago and favre threw an interception and everyone wanted MMs head. yet 2 weeks later you want the same call. Nice.

Oh yeah, and add the fact that the two NFLE terrors, Francies and Martin are on the field tearing it up at WR.

Donald Driver and Greg Jennings were also on the field. Favre made the decision to go to the least talented of the bunch. Why? because they were further downfield and favre wanted to force the issue being down 10, despite having more than enough time and not needing to do that.

But by all means, go ahead and blame Favre if it somehow makes you feel better and doesn't disrupt your world view! Makes sense :roll:

Ok, and that was just ****ing stupid. :rotflmao:

charlesplaisted

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, and that was just ****ing stupid. :rotflmao:

If you're referring to your post and your reasoning sir, then I agree!

:thumbsup:

:cheerleader:

(Yeah I guess screen passes and outs in the flat are not part of MM's offense then? )

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that.....you....

im done with you. I dont talk to children (unless im trying to abduct them)

dxbfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we for a minute hold off on calling each other names, I think we might find that there are some really good points that have been made in this thread. Heather spoke about WR's making plays for Favre in the glory days. Thats a point worth considering, whether it was Brooks in the Superbowl run up, Rison in the SuperBowl or Freeman's famous last minute catch, Favre was making the same gun slinging throws then as he is now, the key difference is that those WR's were finding a way to make the catch.

That isnt happening now and therefore we're all questioning the throws.

Gakk said that perhaps Favre isnt the guy to lead a team that's lacking in talent and heavily populated by rookies. I think he's right because Favre plays to win and this team simply lacks the talent, execution or coaching to win on a consistent basis.

So lets not bash Favre for wanting to win, but lets instead bash the circumstances and the people behind the circumstances for reducing us to a state where we dont expect to win and instead focus our energy on ways to ensure we dont lose too bad.

Unless of course Ingle Martin or A-Rod can take us to the Superbowl in which case disregard what I've written.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So lets not bash Favre for wanting to win

I dont think anyone has ever bashed favre for wanting to win. I dont think anyone has ever bashed anyone for wanting to win. I criticize Favre on how he goes about things in regards to his lack of accuracy these days.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After not coming here for a week I can honestly say that I did not miss one moment of this whiny crybaby bulls**t. :crazy:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

stlpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After not coming here for a week I can honestly say that I did not miss one moment of this whiny crybaby bulls**t. :crazy:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

lol ya you didnt miss much

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, this is gonna be easy...

charlesplaisted said:

I dont. the running game struggled. We probably shoulda passed near the goal line right? Kinda like we did 2 weeks ago and favre threw an interception and everyone wanted MMs head. yet 2 weeks later you want the same call. Nice.

Oh yeah, and add the fact that the two NFLE terrors, Francies and Martin are on the field tearing it up at WR.
Donald Driver and Greg Jennings were also on the field. Favre made the decision to go to the least talented of the bunch. Why? because they were further downfield and favre wanted to force the issue being down 10, despite having more than enough time and not needing to do that.[/quote]

the recivers ho where on the field where their for a reason, and thats to make plays. you cant just say dont throw it to martin, bubba......

they dont get payed to just run around the field, they get payed to make plays on the field.

i hope the packers find a way to start ingle so you can see why favre is on the field and not him.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if you can help it, and having time(which he did have) and being a hall of famer means you CAN help it, dont throw in to double coverage, especially with young unproven WRs. But he did. Twice. With time on the clock.

Members online

Latest posts