Eastern Conference Finals CHOKE JOB

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it walks and talks like a duck, it’s a drake. Or something like that

Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

No Joke! Someone send the memo to McCarthy too just in case :whistling:
Speaking of Drake. This is posted inside Raptor Stadium, maybe he can't read, but I think the Refs and the NBA need to think about either not having the policy or enforcing it.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
If it walks and talks like a duck, it’s a drake. Or something like that

I am proud to report that prior to this, I had no idea what a "Drake" was. One of the pluses of being an old geezer.

In most cases a Drake is a male duck, but in the case of The Raptors, it's nothing but a...

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bucks have to get back to playing the solid defense that made them the team with the most wins in the NBA this season. Way too many open looks for the Raptors last night. With Leonard hobbled a bit, that really shouldn't be that difficult.

Side not about 2 things:
  • I actually think the Toronto fans intimidated the refs in game 3 and maybe I am biased, but they sure seemed to have swallowed their whistles when it comes to ticky tack fouls called on the Raptors, but not when it comes to the Bucks. This might have had some influence on the Bucks defense playing off a bit.
  • Drake the Rapper/Super Raptor Fan:This guys is about as obnoxious as they come. Sitting court side and talking smack to Bucks players. Which as a paid seat holder, he has the right, but I don't remember paid seat holders being allowed to roam courtside or come onto the court, which Drake does. If he shows up in Milwaukee, he better bring body guards and I hope they sit him next to David Bakhtiari.

Bak goes to lot of Bucks games (I don't live in Wisconsin so I haven't gone to a game in eons.)?

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Really tough loss tonight. The bench that has been helping the Bucks all year plays like crap and the starters all look a bit tentative. George Hill (12), Connaughton (3) were the only points off the bench. Meanwhile, the starters played a lot more minutes then they are used to.

Give the Raptors some credit though, they weathered the first quarter storm and outplayed the Bucks again tonight.

On to Toronto to see just what this team is made of, win or your season is done.

Reaction score
Really tough loss tonight. The bench that has been helping the Bucks all year plays like crap and the starters all look a bit tentative. Give the Raptors some credit though, they weathered the first quarter storm and outplayed the Bucks again tonight.

On to Toronto to see just what this team is made of, win or your season is done.
We get back to even with 3 min left or so and then just kind of faded away there at the end? They look like a different team than the first couple games. Im not seeing as many mini scoring runs and lots of shots taken out of position/off balance.
We had a double OT on the road so we’re definitely capable of stealing this next road Win. It certainly would make the setup for a tremendous victory opportunity back in Milwaukee. I’d like to think that’s what God has planned!
Again tough game, we were one shot and a few less forced fouls away from sneaking by. Everything for a reason we just have to be patient

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really tough loss tonight. The bench that has been helping the Bucks all year plays like crap and the starters all look a bit tentative. George Hill (12), Connaughton (3) were the only points off the bench. Meanwhile, the starters played a lot more minutes then they are used to.

Give the Raptors some credit though, they weathered the first quarter storm and outplayed the Bucks again tonight.

I have a feeling the season is done. With all that was on the line they couldn't hold their home court so I doubt they'll go up to Toronto and force a game 7. :(

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I have a feeling the season is done. With all that was on the line they couldn't hold their home court so I doubt they'll go up to Toronto and force a game 7. :(

You gotta have faith my friend! They aren't out of it yet!

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
This might have been the highlight of the night. Bakhtiari out chugging A-Rod...and the T-shirt!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1131724113137901568

BTW, the cute blonde sitting next to Aaron Rodgers is Mallory Edens, the daughter of Bucks owner Wes Edens. The awesome T-shirt she is wearing....an image of Rapper Pusha T, who has a longstanding feud with Drake. That is some first class trolling on her part!

Last edited:

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The main thing that was worrying me wasn't so much the Bucks' collapse as thinking that Golden State would have home court now. However, looked at the final standings, and it look like Toronto was also better than GS, so do they get home court, too? Have been, and will be, in the "anybody but Golden State" camp. If the Bucks are like most 'rookie' Super Bowl teams, and just need to experience the tension before playing through it, I'm fine waiting 'til next year.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The main thing that was worrying me wasn't so much the Bucks' collapse as thinking that Golden State would have home court now. However, looked at the final standings, and it look like Toronto was also better than GS, so do they get home court, too? Have been, and will be, in the "anybody but Golden State" camp. If the Bucks are like most 'rookie' Super Bowl teams, and just need to experience the tension before playing through it, I'm fine waiting 'til next year.

I'm still hoping and thinking the Bucks will pull this out. However, if they don't, Drake has made me a fan of any team that plays against the Raptors.

And yes, whoever comes out of the East, will have Home Court advantage, the Bucks and the Raptors had the best regular season records in the NBA.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Unfortunately I agree with you. It seems like they haven't been themselves since the 2nd game victory. I'll give them credit by forcing the game into double overtime, but they just aren't hitting the shots that they have been hitting all season. Did they lose their mojo?

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Truthfully, I feel as though the Bucks are getting beat up moreso than beat. They've hit the proverbial wall as they say.

I was convinced that my watching was tossing some bad juju their way so I didn't turn it on...now that they've coughed up 3 hairballs in a row.. it won't matter.

Odds still say that only 5% of teams winning the first two, lose the series. Dig the rap?

Bing on dem wacky Canadians...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Plain and simple..

Everyone.. Coaches, and players, all choked..

4 in a row by the team with the best nba record?

Choked..

Embarrassing.. Embarrassing.. Embarrassing..

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Tough series for the Bucks, all came down to running into a team that matched up really well with the Bucks and the Bucks went cold and the Raptors got hot. The Bucks couldn't rely on their bench over the last 4 games and the starters just couldn't get it done.

Love Giannis, but he is going to have to develop an outside shot AND get better at the free throw line.

Final thought, the Bucks may have gotten over confident after the first 2 games and then played not to loose and eventually played scared. Much like tonight's game.

A good wrap up article on the Bucks season and future.....

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26814021/bucks-elimination-puts-focus-giannis-future-milwaukee

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Tough series for the Bucks, all came down to running into a team that matched up really well with the Bucks and the Bucks went cold and the Raptors got hot. The Bucks couldn't rely on their bench over the last 4 games and the starters just couldn't get it done.

Love Giannis, but he is going to have to develop an outside shot AND get better at the free throw line.

Final thought, the Bucks may have gotten over confident after the first 2 games and then played not to loose and eventually played scared. Much like tonight's game.

A good wrap up article on the Bucks season and future.....

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26814021/bucks-elimination-puts-focus-giannis-future-milwaukee
I also wonder, is conditioning part of it? It seems that 3 games they faltered in 4th q

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
when you can't take 1 at home to take a series lead or even to stay alive it never looks good.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Giannis walks out on the post game presser last night after a question by ESPN reporter Malika Andrews. Was it the wrong move on his part? Was he reacting to a story that Malika posted immediately after the game, somewhat questioning Giannis's future commitment to the Bucks?

I don't blame him for getting up in either case. Long season, probably the biggest loss of his career and he is suppose to immediately get behind a microphone and answer some pretty mundane questions.

I will say, the look on Khris Middleton's face is priceless!

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...middle-of-press-conference-after-game-6-loss/

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunately I agree with you. It seems like they haven't been themselves since the 2nd game victory. I'll give them credit by forcing the game into double overtime, but they just aren't hitting the shots that they have been hitting all season. Did they lose their mojo?

I suspect they ran into a team with more playoff experience in Toronto. Let's hope they learn from this and come back with a purpose next season. I hope we can keep this roster mostly intact.

Members online

Latest posts