Eastern Conference Finals CHOKE JOB

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Has pretty much been that way all season, very few people have believed that the Bucks are legit and seemed to want to point out all the reasons the other teams were loosing to them and not giving the Bucks defense much credit in the process. Barkley is totally on board the Bucks Band Wagon and has been for awhile, I think both he and the Bucks are finally starting to make everyone believers! Kind of fun being the team nobody is talking about, but now has to talk about, makes those Paul Pierce's of the sport look like idiots! :D

You mention Barkley and I have to ask...has that guy had a sroke or something? He was blathering at half and I had no idea what he was trying to get at. Maybe I've had a stroke and it's me

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
You mention Barkley and I have to ask...has that guy had a sroke or something? He was blathering at half and I had no idea what he was trying to get at. Maybe I've had a stroke and it's me

LOL....Nah....that is just Barkley, he's been that way for a long time.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
To be honest I have been only a half believer myself. Don’t get me wrong, I know they are good. However, I was watching game one and seeing Toronto players chucking up and making uncontested 3 after 3 and making them while the Bucks took ill advised 3 after 3 and missing those along with many wide open 3’s.

At one point I was thinking if they do this against the warriors we are screwed. Then they came out a completely different defensive team for the 4th quarter and last night.

It was amazing to watch, if they play like they have the last 5 quarters even the warriors at full strength will have a hard time beating us in a 7 Game series.

Just like most Sports, teams are going to have games where they are just off and that first game against the Celtics was one of those for the Bucks. However, the success for the Bucks all season has come from not being off for more than one game at a time. I think they only lost back to back games once all season during an 8 day, 5 game road trip, dropping the final 2 games of that trip. That in itself is quite a feat during an 82 game grueling schedule.

I'm not ready to make any predictions, but Golden State doesn't scare me like they used to. Win 2 out of the next 5 and take on whoever is next.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26771530/if-just-now-seeing-how-strong-bucks-too-late

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
OK, I have really been liking Sir Charles this past year, but this made me love the guy even more!

Malcolm Brogden is being interviewed after the game, he starts talking about his efforts to raise money to build fresh water wells in East Africa. Charles asks him what a well costs. Brogden says $45,000. Without hesitations, Charles donates $45K.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1129778589325508608

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, I have really been liking Sir Charles this past year, but this made me love the guy even more!

Malcolm Brogden is being interviewed after the game, he starts talking about his efforts to raise money to build fresh water wells in East Africa. Charles asks him what a well costs. Brogden says $45,000. Without hesitations, Charles donates $45K.

That's awesome.
. Chuck has been around milwaukee visiting local places and BBQ with people at their house with Shaq

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Whi is number one?
I love the fact that he just shuts down all the MVP talk. I am sure at some point he will be thankful and enjoy it but at this point I honestly believe that the MVP means nothing to him at this point in time.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
That's awesome.
. Chuck has been around milwaukee visiting local places and BBQ with people at their house with Shaq
Yup, Ernie and the gang were out visiting his old home in a Milwaukee neighborhood. Will try to find link and post.

Whi is number one?
Guessing Lew Alcindor (Kareem)

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Giannis and the Bucks bench does it again! I know I keep saying it, but I just love how deep this bench is. 54 points from the bench! The whole team is playing good solid defense, but if some of the starters are having off nights on offense, there seems to always be 1-3 bench players who pick up the slack.

Ersan gets the game ball! That guy was just awesome tonight, one of the better games I have seen him play this year.

They have a great Bench. Play like starters on some other teams.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Just released for sale!

"Bench Mob" has been used before, I think it should have been more original with "Bucks Bench Brothers", but still love it! Interesting to see both Brogdon and Mirotic on the list, since one of them is a starter....doesn't matter though. :)

Reaction score
Just released for sale!

"Bench Mob" has been used before, I think it should have been more original with "Bucks Bench Brothers", but still love it! Interesting to see both Brogdon and Mirotic on the list, since one of them is a starter....doesn't matter though. :)

Regarding your Comments on their bench.
There was one point in game 2 that the Toronto team had their second player reach double digit scoring (10 pts). I panned to the Bucks and they already had 6 separate players with double digit scoring and 5/6 with at least 14+ points each.
That means the #6 Bucks player scored 10 points before the #2 highest scoring Toronto player got there. that’s a really staggering stat to me.

I will also note though. In studying the Warriors post season stats... they also have a deep scoring team and are very consistent going 4-5 players deep.
The Bucks are less scoring dynamic as far as starters, but are deeper into the bench and have slightly better Defensively stats as an overall unit.

I suppose that could mean if it’s a Bucks/GSW match... and it gets into foul trouble.. or if the games run longer (OT etc..) the Bucks are built more robust in nature IMO. I wouldn’t want to be the team to let the Bucks hang around or force OT.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If the Bucks go on to defeat the Raptors, GSW definitely will be the toughest opponent that the Bucks face in the playoffs, but you have to beat the best to be the best. They split their 2 game series this season, each winning on the road. Although the Bucks dominated them in Oakland (134-11), Steph Curry left that game in the 3rd Q with an abductor injury. The Bucks had a pretty big lead at the time, so not sure if he would have brought the Warriors back.

Warriors are currently playing with out All Star Kevin Durrant and he is predicted to be back for the Championship series. :eek:

Let's go out and beat the Raptors 2 more games and worry about the Warriors when the time comes. :)

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That's awesome but who is the cheapskate? You wonder if the other three guys were thinking "thanks a lot Charles"

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Game 3 opening as the officials are going to LET THEM PLAY... the action away from the ball tonight has been brutal.

Go Bucks!

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
....and Toronto his hitting their shots in transition. They're keeping up so far.

Reaction score
Again. The Bucks are not a team you want to push into OT. They easily even the “Away” odds with their bench.
The longer this game drags.. the better Milwaukee’s odds
Huge comeback to give them a shot to steal one on the road!

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts