Eastern Conference Finals CHOKE JOB

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Well that was a much easier series with the Celtics than most anticipated! Turns out that first loss might have been a blessing in disguise and a wake-up call for the Bucks!

I'm hoping we see the 76'ers, but after their blow-out loss yesterday, they have 2 come back and win 2 in a row against a tough Raptors team.

Whoever the Bucks get, they will be R E A D Y to plays Bucks Basketball!

Go Bucks!

Fear the Deer!

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Golden State lost a big piece last night. Kevin Durant suffered a calf strain and will miss at least the rest of the series with the Rockets. :coffee:

I doubt it keeps him out long enough that he couldn't play in the Championship series, but if it does and its a Warriors-Bucks series......that would be "good news" for the Bucks.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I think we'll be getting Toronto. But, I'm going to try to NOT follow any of the other teams because ignorance is bliss.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
76'ers pretty much blow the Raptors away tonight! Yay Bucks, more time off to rest and heal. That means game 7 of that series isn't until Sunday, which means the Eastern Conference finals start on Wednesday the 15th. The Fiserv Forum is going to be ROCKING!

I actually watched the Raptors-76'ers tonight, neither team really scares me too much. The Raptors have a deeper bench and a better defense, but the 76'ers have a pretty solid starting 5. I think in a 7 game series, I prefer grinding our bench against the 6'ers.

The Bucks were 3-1 VS the Raptors this year, with one of those wins Giannis sitting out with a concussion. Giannis averaged 27 against the Raptors (19, 43, 19).

Against the 76'ers the Bucks were 2-1. Giannis had great games against the 6'ers, averaging 43 points (45, 52, 32)!

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I'm almost starting to feel sorry for Paul Pierce.....not really! :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
OK, so... It's the Raptors. Is this a good thing?
Neither team really scares me a ton and I think there are things that would make each team a better match up than the other. 76'ers have 5 solid starters, but there bench is meh. Toronto has Leonard and a pretty solid bench. I think the Raptors and the Bucks are 2 very similar teams, but the Bucks top 6 are better than the Raptors top 6. The Bucks held Leonard to an average of just 22 points this season, so that is a plus. Giannis averaged 27 pts. and 15 rebounds/game against the Raptors.

Talk about Leonard getting a last second triple bounce. Pretty amazing finish.
Actually, quadruple bounce, I didn't think it was going in. I actually was hoping for quadruple overtime, just to tire out the eventual winner for Wednesdays game :D

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Raptors are certainly a good team and they'll be a challenge for the Bucks, but really from top to bottom, the Bucks are a better team both in total talent, bench, coach and playing together. Kawhi Leonard is pretty amazing, but after him Siakam is probably their 2nd best player, and then Lowry and Gasol. Giannis is as unstoppable as Kawhi, and after that the Bucks look much stronger: Middleton, Bledsoe, Brogdon, Mirotic and Lopez, not to mention how well George Hill and Pat Connaughty have been playing. I'm predicting Bucks in 6.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Bucks and Raptors are the only two teams in the NBA that rank in the top 5 offensively AND defensively.

As little as I followed the NBA, the Raptors could be the team I know the least about...if that makes any sense at all.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Bucks and Raptors are the only two teams in the NBA that rank in the top 5 offensively AND defensively.

As little as I followed the NBA, the Raptors could be the team I know the least about...if that makes any sense at all.
I heard the can really rap well!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The Bucks are fresh and ready to roll!

I found this a telling stat and should indicate that not only will the Bucks starting 6 (I include Brogden) be well rested, the Bucks bench will probably continue to play a key roll in the Bucks success. I think Bud has coached this group about as well as anyone could and has done a masterful job with substitution and keeping guys fresh.

According to NBA.com, Milwaukee's bench has played 39.8 percent of the team's playoff minutes, averaging 37.4 points on 48.1 percent shooting.

The Raptors' reserves, however, have played less than 30 percent of playoff minutes -- including 24.8 percent against Philadelphia -- and have averaged 21.6 points per game on 38.9 percent shooting.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Sounds as though Giannis has mananaged to rile the frail sensibilities of the New England media market. :roflmao: Seems while the Bucks could afford to lose the first game at home against Boston, they can't against Toronto.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Sounds as though Giannis has mananaged to rile the frail sensibilities of the New England media market. :roflmao: Seems while the Bucks could afford to lose the first game at home against Boston, they can't against Toronto.

Saw Giannis's comment, classic! Love him.

Paul Pierce wasn't the only one who thought the Bucks weren't going very far. Seems Cowturd even got in on the action.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1126311783558463488

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So far it looks like all that rest and recuperation may result in rust. Game one of the Celtics series was a blowout loss after a long wait. Another long wait and it looks like they may be a bit rusty as well. A few days off might be good but too many might get them out of their groove.

Like Weeds says, losing game 1 to the Raptors will be harder to overcome than losing game 1 to the Celtics.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
At half, the Raptors are seeming to beat the Bucks at their own game...they're hitting the shots and hitting the boards. Giannis' game has been pretty much shut down and the refs are letting them play.

Make no mistake, the Raptors are beating them. The Bucks aren't just losing...

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
As gawd herself is my witness...how can the Bucks be hot and cold at the same freepin' time?:roflmao:

Members online

Latest posts