Eastern Conference Finals CHOKE JOB

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just bad basketball by Middleton, Bledsoe and Giannis tonight. I will give Giannis credit on the rebounds but offensively these 3 have been horrible

Reaction score
Hard fought battle on the road, pushing it into double OT.
Giannis fouling out there at the end didn’t help matters. But the Bucks are fine. They still have a shot at stealing a road game. Even winning 1 of 2 wins on the road would be huge.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
A little disappointing not to come out with a win in double OT, but the Bucks were definitely off tonight and the Raptors played like a home team that was down 2 games should, aggressive and hungry.

The good news for the Bucks, they are still up by a game, have home court advantage and I doubt that you will see the Raptors hold Giannis to 12 points and Middleton to just 9 again. Nor will they probably have another game where they shoot 66.7% from the free throw line and have 20 turnovers.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They fought even though they did not have what it takes. They didn't give up.

Ok. They're allowed 1 off night. That was it.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Now go finish it.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just bad basketball by Middleton, Bledsoe and Giannis tonight. I will give Giannis credit on the rebounds but offensively these 3 have been horrible
Bledsoe has been awful the entire post season. He needs to get back to his strengths on O - taking the ball to the hoop and shooting inside the arc. He shouldn’t be taking 3 pointers. He’s strong enough to pull this off. Hopefully patience pays off.

But last night, Giannis, Middleton, and Bledsoe were ALL off. That’s not gonna happen again. Bucks in 5.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Bledsoe has been awful the entire post season. He needs to get back to his strengths on O - taking the ball to the hoop and shooting inside the arc. He shouldn’t be taking 3 pointers. He’s strong enough to pull this off. Hopefully patience pays off.

But last night, Giannis, Middleton, and Bledsoe were ALL off. That’s not gonna happen again. Bucks in 5.

I think many people, feel Bledsoe could be better, however I don't think he is playing "awful" or as bad as it appears. Much like an Edge player in football, if all you are looking for are one specific stat, in this case points scoring, you are leaving out some of the important things. Bledsoe isn't just about offense, he is all about defense and helping run the offense. Actually on offense, he isn't that much off his season average on points scored (15.9 during the season VS. 13.5 against Toronto), basically he has made one less basket/game. However, he has also taken less shots/game and his FG% made against the Raptors (44.7%) is actually higher than his season average(41.9%).

So yeah, I know, to the casual eye, Bledsoe might look like he is missing shots he should be making and thus not putting up 20-30 points/game, but he is still doing a really solid job for what the Bucks need him for.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's no way the Raptors should win another game, the Bucks severely tanked game 3. 20 turnovers, 37.3% FG (2-pt) and 31.8% (3-pt) should NEVER happen with an inkling of discipline. Giannis needs to be on a wing, setting picks and rolling... not playing point guard & tossing-up 3's. Love to see Connaughton get a few more minutes as he's a spark-plug for the offense.

Bucks take game 4, tonight, by at least 20 points and wrap it up at home Thursday night.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
https://www.sbnation.com/2019/5/21/...tery-luck-giannis-antetokounmpo-jabari-parker

I have to say that I don't recall the 2013 draft, nor do I recall having ever heard of Giannis before the Bucks drafted him.

What I do want to say is that this story reads like...maybe revisionist history...like the writer is making it up as he goes along.

I admit I'm not big on SBNation so I ask...what do you guys think?

First, I will admit to being a huge Bucks fan, but haven't been someone who really follows the NBA that closely, unless the Bucks are playing decent, which doesn't happen all that often. That said, the article is pretty accurate from the little that I do know. For whatever reason, the NBA draft is a big crap shoot when it comes to talent. Like the author said, once in awhile you have an obvious Star, but even then, some of those have washed out quick. Teams go in looking for immediate starters or invest in a virtually unknown developmental young kid, hoping he will be the next Michael Jordan.

Not that the NFL is a lot different in that top college players often wash out, but the NBA is also looking at players playing throughout the world at all sorts of ages, playing in different leagues and having to decide how that talent will equate in the NBA.

Just watching the 2013 draft of the Giannis pick kind of gives you the indication of how uncertain of a pick he was even at #15. Turns out the Bucks struck gold on an 18 year old developmental pick out of Greece. However, he very well could have ended up being a fart in the wind if you look at the history of the NBA draft.

The Raptors Kawhi Leonard also turned out to be a pretty damn good #15 pick in 2011.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
First, I will admit to being a huge Bucks fan, but haven't been someone who really follows the NBA that closely, unless the Bucks are playing decent, which doesn't happen all that often. That said, the article is pretty accurate from the little that I do know. For whatever reason, the NBA draft is a big crap shoot when it comes to talent. Like the author said, once in awhile you have an obvious Star, but even then, some of those have washed out quick. Teams go in looking for immediate starters or invest in a virtually unknown developmental young kid, hoping he will be the next Michael Jordan.

Not that the NFL is a lot different in that top college players often wash out, but the NBA is also looking at players playing throughout the world at all sorts of ages, playing in different leagues and having to decide how that talent will equate in the NBA.

Just watching the 2013 draft of the Giannis pick kind of gives you the indication of how uncertain of a pick he was even at #15. Turns out the Bucks struck gold on an 18 year old developmental pick out of Greece. However, he very well could have ended up being a fart in the wind if you look at the history of the NBA draft.

The Raptors Kawhi Leonard also turned out to be a pretty damn good #15 pick in 2011.

SbNation though frames it up as though the Bucks just rolled the dice without due diligence....like the writers at PFT and BleacherReport. All draft picks are a crap shoot sure...afterall, the Bucks drafted Thon Maker. What if the Bucks were the only team that REALLY scouted Giannis out? That possibility isn't even presented. It was pure luck, not just that he's developed into an MVP...but other teams passed...or someone else was still available ahead of Giannis.

I think the Bucks are just being discounted across the board. I heard CBS sports radio saying essentially that it's too bad the Raptors fell back 2-0...

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i only get score updates, but looks like they have some work to do

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty much going to take a small miracle at this point, bucks are getting smoked and the Raptors are missing about 10 points from Kawhi

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Strap yourselves in Bucks fans, this is what a 7 game series is all about!

Playing on the road isn't easy in the NBA, especially against a pretty solid team.

Bucks still have home court advantage in what is now a 3 game series.

They only lost back to back games once this season and those were on the road, I don't expect them to lose game 5.

The Bucks have the Raptors just where they want them! :whistling:

Last edited:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
A 3 game series...good way to look at it. I'll say one thing, the Raptors are a physical team and let it at that.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's no way the Raptors should win another game, the Bucks severely tanked game 3. 20 turnovers, 37.3% FG (2-pt) and 31.8% (3-pt) should NEVER happen with an inkling of discipline. Giannis needs to be on a wing, setting picks and rolling... not playing point guard & tossing-up 3's. Love to see Connaughton get a few more minutes as he's a spark-plug for the offense.

Bucks take game 4, tonight, by at least 20 points and wrap it up at home Thursday night.

Pretty close prediction, only off by two points and the winning team. :)

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Bucks have to get back to playing the solid defense that made them the team with the most wins in the NBA this season. Way too many open looks for the Raptors last night. With Leonard hobbled a bit, that really shouldn't be that difficult.

Side not about 2 things:
  • I actually think the Toronto fans intimidated the refs in game 3 and maybe I am biased, but they sure seemed to have swallowed their whistles when it comes to ticky tack fouls called on the Raptors, but not when it comes to the Bucks. This might have had some influence on the Bucks defense playing off a bit.
  • Drake the Rapper/Super Raptor Fan:This guys is about as obnoxious as they come. Sitting court side and talking smack to Bucks players. Which as a paid seat holder, he has the right, but I don't remember paid seat holders being allowed to roam courtside or come onto the court, which Drake does. If he shows up in Milwaukee, he better bring body guards and I hope they sit him next to David Bakhtiari.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Drake the Rapper/Super Raptor Fan:This guys is about as obnoxious as they come. Sitting court side and talking smack to Bucks players. Which as a paid seat holder, he has the right, but I don't remember paid seat holders being allowed to come onto the court, which Drake does. If he shows up in Milwaukee, he better bring body guards and I hope they sit him next to David Bakhtiari.
I think Barkley was ripping Drake for not traveling to away games, so we shouldn't be seeing him in Milwaukee. Also, the Drake-curse is alive & well, so Raptors are toast. ;)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Bucks have to get back to playing the solid defense that made them the team with the most wins in the NBA this season. Way too many open looks for the Raptors last night. With Leonard hobbled a bit, that really shouldn't be that difficult.

Side not about 2 things:
  • I actually think the Toronto fans intimidated the refs in game 3 and maybe I am biased, but they sure seemed to have swallowed their whistles when it comes to ticky tack fouls called on the Raptors, but not when it comes to the Bucks. This might have had some influence on the Bucks defense playing off a bit.
  • Drake the Rapper/Super Raptor Fan:This guys is about as obnoxious as they come. Sitting court side and talking smack to Bucks players. Which as a paid seat holder, he has the right, but I don't remember paid seat holders being allowed to roam courtside or come onto the court, which Drake does. If he shows up in Milwaukee, he better bring body guards and I hope they sit him next to David Bakhtiari.
Rodgers should do the same.. Give bud a massage.

Bak should chug a keg thrn throw the keg at the raptors bench

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I hope she keeps her schedule clear, she could have at least 2 more home games to sing at! I say "at least", because if the Bucks win their next 6 straight, 4 of those games are on the road and if they win the next 6.......NBA CHAMPIONS!

As long as they win 2 out of the next 5 and 6 out of the next 12.....they still get there!
She is signing game 5

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Speaking of Drake. This is posted inside Raptor Stadium, maybe he can't read, but I think the Refs and the NBA need to think about either not having the policy or enforcing it.

Members online

Latest posts