Eastern Conference Finals CHOKE JOB

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Great win! Again, the Bucks turn on the jets and just get it done! There is talk about the Raptors "should have won, they had it won...etc." But this is why they play for 48 minutes. The Raptors tried to squeeze as many minutes out of their starters and the Bucks stayed the course, used their bench and remained fresh! Some coaches may have panicked when they fell behind and changed their game plan by leaving the starting 5 out there too long, not coach Bud!

Raptors starting 5: 39.8 minutes each
Bucks starting 5: 32.4 minutes each

While the Bucks bench wasn't as dominant tonight in points (22-12), they outplayed the Raptors bench and gave their starters enough rest to be fresh for that important 4th Q.
Appears getting Brogden back was perfect timing! I don't really consider him a "bench player", but his 15 points and energy was needed tonight.

Love this team and their coach!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So far it looks like all that rest and recuperation may result in rust. Game one of the Celtics series was a blowout loss after a long wait. Another long wait and it looks like they may be a bit rusty as well. A few days off might be good but too many might get them out of their groove.

Like Weeds says, losing game 1 to the Raptors will be harder to overcome than losing game 1 to the Celtics.

Lets just say it didn't take as long to shake the rust off as it did against the Celtics.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I thought #7 was going to single-handedly take the Bucks down from half court. Man, he was on.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I thought #7 was going to single-handedly take the Bucks down from half court. Man, he was on.

Kyle Lowry had a great game for the Raptors, especially considering he sprained his left thumb on Sunday. I'm pretty confident that Bud and the Bucks will look at the film and adjust the defense and not give him so many open looks on Friday night.

Brook Lopez pretty much neutralized what Lowry did point wise and IMO was probably the biggest key to last nights win. But that seems to be the Bucks way, 1-2 guys always seem to step up and have a really good game and the rest of the team still plays pretty solid.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
We played poorly and they played well and we still won. Doesnt look good for the Raptors.

Let's just not go all "Paul Pierce" and declare this series over. Long series and with Bud coaching them, I am pretty confident that the Bucks will not take the Raptors lightly in the upcoming games.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Got a little nervous initially but also knew that they seem to often be a 3rd quarter team. Some of those blocks were unbelievable.

I have never been a huge basketball fan, but usually watch the finals. Am hopeful that the Bucks might be able to do it. :tup::)

Reaction score
Whatever works. Hey in 2011 I was given a GB ball cap by my dad.. the day I put it on we won and kept winning so it became my lucky cap. Also if I recall the Brewers and Bucks made the playoffs that year and the Pack went 15-1.
We had a trifecta of WI sports that year but it dropped off quick. Maybe just maybe 2019 is a repeat and all 3 sports go deep or win a Championship.
(Or was it the Badgers? He’ll i forget)

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The world has turned upside down. Packer football and Badger hockey have been down while Brewer baseball, Badger and Bucks basketball are really doing well. What has happened?

JK, I am really enjoying the resurgence of the base ball and basketball teams. Throw in Badger football and it’s been a good long run being a Wisconsin sports fan. Now let’s get the hockey team back to where they need to be.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great game tonight. Bucks 2-0, now on to Toronto. One more win should break break their spirit.

Reaction score
The Bucks wrapped up a 6th straight playoff win and 6th post season win by at least 20 points, tying an NBA record tonight.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Great game tonight. Bucks 2-0, now on to Toronto. One more win should break break their spirit.
Yeah! The Bucks are hot at 10-1 this postseason with a max potential of 12 games left and as little as 6 more wins to secure the Championship. The Raptors are a #5 ranked Offense and #5 Defense, so this is a well rounded team and we need to keep the pressure on them with a W in Toronto.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Giannis and the Bucks bench does it again! I know I keep saying it, but I just love how deep this bench is. 54 points from the bench! The whole team is playing good solid defense, but if some of the starters are having off nights on offense, there seems to always be 1-3 bench players who pick up the slack.

Ersan gets the game ball! That guy was just awesome tonight, one of the better games I have seen him play this year.

Now let’s get the hockey team back to where they need to be.

Word on the street, the Badgers have one of the best recruiting classes in the Nation coming in for 2019-2020, so there is some hope. If not, the Lady Badgers are AWESOME!

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
The Bucks wrapped up a 6th straight playoff win and 6th post season win by at least 20 points, tying an NBA record tonight.

Did you catch the graphic that TNT put up last night comparing the Bucks' players height and their "wingspans"? Of particular interest, Eric Bledsoe - 6'1" tall with a 6'8" wingspan. Good gawd, how does that happen?

Question #1 - Was this guy subject to, like medieval torture chamber-type stretching?
Question #2 - Where does he buy shirts?
Question #3 - Do his knuckles drag on the ground?

I don't have those answers but WOW. A lot has been made of the Raptors not shooting well as a way of explaining away the Bucks. I'm not sure that the East Coast media know that the Raptors are even playing the Bucks. I am here to say that it's not that the Raptors are playing poorly - which they are - I'm here to say that the Bucks D is driving them absolutely berserk. I'm not much of an NBA Basketball fan, but, all the Raptors are seeing is Bucks' hands and arms in their faces relentlessly. My point is that the Raptors are looking bad because the Bucks' defense is willing it so.

Also believing that the Bucks' Coach remembers the playoff issues his teams had in Atlanta and learned from it. Atlanta proved that talent can only take a coach so far, ya know?

I was so entertained by the Bucks' defensive performance last night. They were all over the place. They kind of reminded me of the little flies that constantly buzz you when you're working in the barn ... the flies that just cannot be brushed away without them coming back at you and hovering around your head and face. We had a special name for those flies but since I've already said they hovered around my head and face ... I'm not going to share that special name. (..and PappaSan ... stay out of this. :roflmao: You have a history in cases like this...)

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Giannis and the Bucks bench does it again! I know I keep saying it, but I just love how deep this bench is. 54 points from the bench! The whole team is playing good solid defense, but if some of the starters are having off nights on offense, there seems to always be 1-3 bench players who pick up the slack.

Ersan gets the game ball! That guy was just awesome tonight, one of the better games I have seen him play this year.

Word on the street, the Badgers have one of the best recruiting classes in the Nation coming in for 2019-2020, so there is some hope. If not, the Lady Badgers are AWESOME!

I believe the main reason why the Bucks could win the whole damn thing is their bench! We have reserves who could start on a lot of other clubs. :D

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe the main reason why the Bucks could win the whole damn thing is their bench! We have reserves who could start on a lot of other clubs. :D

I remember when so many people used to say that about the Packers. Some still do. I'm just happy to finally have more than a handful of starters that could start on other clubs.

As far as the Bucks go I'm not a basketball fan at all. I still haven't scored my March Madness bracket (I had Duke beating North Carolina for it all so does it really pay?) but I am very happy for the state and the loyal fans.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Again! A win!

She got to met Barkley and Shaq... Took pictures with them and The man himself, Giannis went up to her and thanked her for the signing.. He never did that b4

I hope she keeps her schedule clear, she could have at least 2 more home games to sing at! I say "at least", because if the Bucks win their next 6 straight, 4 of those games are on the road and if they win the next 6.......NBA CHAMPIONS!

As long as they win 2 out of the next 5 and 6 out of the next 12.....they still get there!

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
A lot has been made of the Raptors not shooting well as a way of explaining away the Bucks. I'm not sure that the East Coast media know that the Raptors are even playing the Bucks. I am here to say that it's not that the Raptors are playing poorly - which they are - I'm here to say that the Bucks D is driving them absolutely berserk. I'm not much of an NBA Basketball fan, but, all the Raptors are seeing is Bucks' hands and arms in their faces relentlessly. My point is that the Raptors are looking bad because the Bucks' defense is willing it so.

Has pretty much been that way all season, very few people have believed that the Bucks are legit and seemed to want to point out all the reasons the other teams were loosing to them and not giving the Bucks defense much credit in the process. Barkley is totally on board the Bucks Band Wagon and has been for awhile, I think both he and the Bucks are finally starting to make everyone believers! Kind of fun being the team nobody is talking about, but now has to talk about, makes those Paul Pierce's of the sport look like idiots! :D

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has pretty much been that way all season, very few people have believed that the Bucks are legit and seemed to want to point out all the reasons the other teams were loosing to them and not giving the Bucks defense much credit in the process. Barkley is totally on board the Bucks Band Wagon and has been for awhile, I think both he and the Bucks are finally starting to make everyone believers! Kind of fun being the team nobody is talking about, but now has to talk about, makes those Paul Pierce's of the sport look like idiots! :D

To be honest I have been only a half believer myself. Don’t get me wrong, I know they are good. However, I was watching game one and seeing Toronto players chucking up and making uncontested 3 after 3 and making them while the Bucks took ill advised 3 after 3 and missing those along with many wide open 3’s.

At one point I was thinking if they do this against the warriors we are screwed. Then they came out a completely different defensive team for the 4th quarter and last night.

It was amazing to watch, if they play like they have the last 5 quarters even the warriors at full strength will have a hard time beating us in a 7 Game series.

Members online

Latest posts