Duh Bears -- round 2.0 -- 2018

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Big test for AR & Philbin to figure-out a game plan with Rodgers only having 2-2.5 seconds in the pocket. He won't get more than that so slow developing 40 yd. plays downfield need not be an option. Wonder if there will be multiple cross-routes on every play hoping that someone frees-up underneath with chance for YAC?

Taking my Bears-fan son & son-in-law to the game... guessing only 2 of us will leave happy. Bears 24, Packers 23 unless Parkey decides to have a garbage day... then Bears 21, Packers 23.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Or realists.
maybe. But we beat them already with a QB on 1 leg with a back up that gave them 2 TD's. If that doesn't happen again, I like our chances. The Bears have a good defense. Congrats. Their offense is still lead by a guy named Mitch and it's limited. once their razzle dazzle is done, they got nothing. and if they get to Rodgers he's not throwing up prayers like Goff. If Adams and Cobb are both on the field, he'll have an outlet and I think we'll score points. I think everyone is having a case of the last game being fresh in everyone's mind and they think the Bears are some unstoppable force. They're still the Bears and completely beatable. It wouldn't even take a perfect game to do so.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
maybe. But we beat them already with a QB on 1 leg with a back up that gave them 2 TD's. If that doesn't happen again, I like our chances. The Bears have a good defense. Congrats. Their offense is still lead by a guy named Mitch and it's limited. once their razzle dazzle is done, they got nothing. and if they get to Rodgers he's not throwing up prayers like Goff. If Adams and Cobb are both on the field, he'll have an outlet and I think we'll score points. I think everyone is having a case of the last game being fresh in everyone's mind and they think the Bears are some unstoppable force. They're still the Bears and completely beatable. It wouldn't even take a perfect game to do so.

A lot of ifs in there my friend. Not to mention that was in week 1; they're a better team now.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Besides the obvious -turnovers etc-I think a key here will be what Pettine can come up with to give Trubitsky different looks and confuse him. As I noted in another thread, at this time he's still a first read QB .

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of ifs in there my friend. Not to mention that was in week 1; they're a better team now.
... and 3/5 of our OL is back-up quality trying to hold-off Mack, Hicks, Floyd, Goldman, Bullard, Roquan Smith & Trevathan. Rodgers better unload it within 2.5 seconds or we'll see his pouty face giving stink-eye to the OL's A LOT.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
there weren't that many If's, just Cobb and Adams on the field at the same time. I'm not afraid of anything the Bears offense can do. Not a thing. Their defense might be a bit better since the start, but I don't think their offense has gained anything at all.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
... and 3/5 of our OL is back-up quality trying to hold-off Mack, Hicks, Floyd, Goldman, Bullard, Roquan Smith & Trevathan. Rodgers better unload it within 2.5 seconds or we'll see his pouty face giving stink-eye to the OL's A LOT.
Yup. Call me a negative Nancy, but I think this could be a long day for Rodgers and the Packer offense. On defense, I think they simply have to shut down Cohen and Howard in both the run and pass, but that won't be easy.

If you close your eyes and listen closely you might picture this on Sunday.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup. Call me a negative Nancy, but I think this could be a long day for Rodgers and the Packer offense. On defense, I think they simply have to shut down Cohen and Howard in both the run and pass, but that won't be easy.

If you close your eyes and listen closely you might picture this on Sunday.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

FWIW:

Green Bay went into Detroit earlier this season, with Aaron Rodgers, and came out with a loss.

Chicago went into Detroit on Thanksgiving day with a back-up QB and came out with a win.

I love the Pack, but they're simply not that good this year. Unfortunately, the Bears are. I don't feel good about this one, hope I'm wrong,

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FWIW:

Green Bay went into Detroit earlier this season, with Aaron Rodgers, and came out with a loss.

Chicago went into Detroit on Thanksgiving day with a back-up QB and came out with a win.

I love the Pack, but they're simply not that good this year. Unfortunately, the Bears are. I don't feel good about this one, hope I'm wrong,
well you're right about that. No way we can go to Chicago and have all those things happen that happened to us in Detroit and win.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Bears defense is the real deal. I’m not even close to sold on our offense. If our defense can put up some points against a questionable offense, it could be a close game. If not, it could get ugly.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Bears defense is the real deal. I’m not even close to sold on our offense. If our defense can put up some points against a questionable offense, it could be a close game. If not, it could get ugly.
My thoughts too. Might take the Packers scoring 2 defensive TD's or turnovers in Bear territory and preventing the Bears Defense from scoring to win this one.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are a better team as well. Plus, we now have tape. We seemed a little confused by their offense.

We actually have a decent shot in this game. Plus we are motivated to keep our SB dreams alive!!

Packers 23 Bears 13

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are a better team as well. Plus, we now have tape. We seemed a little confused by their offense.

We actually have a decent shot in this game. Plus we are motivated to keep our SB dreams alive!!

Packers 23 Bears 13

We are better? When did that happen?

JP Doyal

AR12
Reaction score
I think MM being fired and last week's win has lit the fire this team needs. My main concern is the O-line but the bears coming off that dominate win over the Rams I think they will come into this game extremely confident and look past us. Also I think it is hard to prepare a defense against somebody who has only been seen calling plays once in his career. Also I think there is more of an open line of communication between AR and our coach now so with AR's input being taken seriously now that could help as well..

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just messing with you my Amish brother. Hard for me to notice if we got better ;I'm still waking up screaming at 3 a.m. from the Cardinals game.

Members online