D-Line, LB's or secondary.. Which is best?

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I guess it's an easy question. The linebackers are easily the best. Maybe in the entire NFC. With Jolly out the D-Line takes a big hit to a very average year. But the secondary is what got us destroyed in AZ last year. I believe our cap room should be put to use looking for some talent in the secondary. I love Al Harris. BUt he is to short to be effective on the new WR's in the league. And Woodson is aging but still awesome. I dont like Bigby at all.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmm #1 run D? I say D-Line... easily.

I agree. I like our D-line best even with Jolly being out.

With EJ Henderson appearing to be back after that nasty leg injury last year I would put the Vikings LB core above ours. Both are top 5 IMO. If Mathews can even repeat what he did last year our LB group is giong to be good.

Over all I like our defense. This should be a good year of Packer Football!:happy0005:

aaronqb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree our linebackers are best, but our position with the worst depth is OLB. Poppinga is questionable and we have a bunch of free agents as backups after him. Hopefully, Thompson trades an OL or DL for some depth as we get toward the end of training camp.

Our DBs are really good also. We got bit last year because we had so many injuries at the same position. I also think our depth is pretty strong, especially with Burnett and hopefully a healthy Harris.

We are weakest on the DL. Jenkins is good; Raji will hopefully show us he is good. And we have a number of guys on the left side: Pickett, Neal, and maybe Harrell. If Harrell can play and is close to what we thought we had when we drafted him, the DL should be good also.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodson, Harris healthy, Williams, Nick Collins, Atari Bigby, Morgan Burnett.

May as well be the best secondary in the NFL...

Now, Woodson, Williams, Bush, Nick Collins, Derrick Martin? Not so much...

OP
OP
G0PackG0

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expect way more sacks from DL. Especially in the big games. Never touched Favre. Then Warner had free reign in the playoffs.

OP
OP
G0PackG0

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And we need another quality member of the secondary to replace Bigby. UNless he learned his position and not be a quitter in one off-season

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Except for Harris and Woodson, for whom age may be only a slight hinderance, I expect that another year of experience will benefit all the others. I will also be pleasantly surprised if the team's patience with Harrell finally pays off. Keep in mind that last year was the first for this defense in the 3/4. Hopefully we will see a more cohesive unit this year as the line, linebackers and secondary gel a little more. A lot of those huge passing beat downs that we took last year were in passes thrown into the seams between the linebackers and secondary. If they can fix that, we should be fine.

Members online

Latest posts