Cuts as they happen...

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
With 16 players now allowed on the PS, I'm even wondering if we put 2 RBs on it
They might, but with 3 solid RB's in Jones, Dillon and Hill, I would prefer just Taylor being on the PS in case of an injury. I'm just not sold on Williams and think there will be better players available if they want a second RB on the PS.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't be surprised if they cut more than 12, I can see them picking up a few other players from the waiver wires.

To me the only spots we might pick someone up directly to active 53 is DL or OLB - maaaaaybe CB or S with Uphoff and Gaines both cut.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think the Packer will keep more than 3 RB's on the 53. So they probably don't pick up someone else's cut RB. Taylor or perhaps Williams, will be PS guys.

I'd say that is a John Madden statement at this point with Taylor and Williams cut LOL (had to man)

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
To me the only spots we might pick someone up directly to active 53 is DL or OLB - maaaaaybe CB or S with Uphoff and Gaines both cut.
One thing about Gute, he isn't afraid to swap guys out if he sees what he thinks is a better player available. I can't remember how the waiver claim works right now. I think that there is a time period where you can put in a claim for a cut player, but have to give said player one of your 53 roster spots. After that time period is up, then teams are free to negotiate PS options with all the free agents.

Let's just say I think we see a few new faces in the next few days. Whether they are on the 53 or the PS.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing about Gute, he isn't afraid to swap guys out if he sees what he thinks is a better player available. I can't remember how the waiver claim works right now. I think that there is a time period where you can put in a claim for a cut player, but have to give said player one of your 53 roster spots. After that time period is up, then teams are free to negotiate PS options with all the free agents.

Let's just say I think we see a few new faces in the next few days. Whether they are on the 53 or the PS.

Oh I agree, and I've said before I think especially our 6th CB isn't on the roster atm

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The Superdome was just "cut" for the first month of games due to Hurricane Ida.

Means the Packers will probably be playing the Saints at AT&T Stadium, the home of the Cowboys.

Reaction score

I like the idea about poaching a player off waivers if they think there’s someone worthy making the 53. Theres dozens of Heflins and Begeltons and I have no problem stealing them. Lol
As I think you said earlier, it would be wise to inject our D with more talent. I’m totally ok with that, Rodgers is already set on Offense.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Cronk gone I will go on record saying that cements our OL for the 53 of course at 9 as that is what we have left in:

Elgton Jenkins, Josh Myers, Royce Newman, Billy Turner, Lucas Patrick, Jon Runyan, Dennis Kelly, Yosuah Nijman, Jake Hanson,

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The SHOCKER is Hanson making the 53 - everyone knows I was a fan of his coming out of the draft his year, but haven't liked lately what I've seen. Chance we might keep him only to waiver grab someone else but who knows - perhaps he is our back up Center

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The SHOCKER is Hanson making the 53 - everyone knows I was a fan of his coming out of the draft his year, but haven't liked lately what I've seen. Chance we might keep him only to waiver grab someone else but who knows - perhaps he is our back up Center

Yeah, especially after his outing in Buffalo. You'd figure even if they gotta shuffle the deck letting guys like Jenkins or Patrick fill in in case Meyers goes down would be preferable, plus I'm guessing Hansen wouldn't be too good at G or T.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For those wondering presently we have the following spots with possible or apparent cuts left:

WR - we have 8 - seems Hazelton and Winfree will be cut IMO takes us to 6
TE - we have 5, Kaufusi is a cut IMO takes us to 4
DL - we have 8 Anderson and Kemp most likely cuts takes us to 6

OLB and ILB - we have 6 in each

We have 8 cuts remaining...5 cuts in those top three spots if it plays out as I thought.