UDFA Signings...

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No one else started em so here we go: (will try to update daily or a few times a day)

LB/EDGE
Delontae Scott (SMU)
Tipa Galeai (Utah St)

DL
Willington Previlon (Rutgers)

DB
Henry Black (Baylor)
Will Sunderland (Troy)
Stanford Samuels (FSU)
Marc-Antoine Dequoy (Canada)

OL
Travis Bruffy (Texas Tech)
Zack Johnson (NDST)

WR
Darrell Stewart (MSU)

TE/FB
Jordan Jones (Prairie View)

LB
Kyrs Barnes (UCLA)
Frankie Griffin (Texas State)

RB
Patrick Taylor (Memphis)

QB
Jalen Morton (Prairie View)

Last edited:
OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of note I know Taylor from Memphis and Tipa Galeai were guys I was aware of right away. Also Samuels from FSU...those are my first 3 which I think jump out at me...however Taylor has a crowded road ahead with Jones, Williams, Dillion and Ervin ahead of him...I'd say he can beat out Dexter Williams

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I don't see a thread for this, which shocks me. Maybe everyone is hiding under their beds or too drunk after what appears to be a pretty frightful Draft.

Reported Packers UDFA Signings

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apparently we now have three lol
well, at least they are 3 started with the intention of accomplishing something like keeping people informed. We have other yahoos starting the same 3 threads with the same 3 messages to let everyone know they're upset. Each one with a bit more added hyperbole and teenage histrionics.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Patrick Taylor was my 6th ranked RB (Swift, Jonathon Taylor, AJ Dillion, LEH, JK Dobbins and Patrick Taylor). He’s a goaline back that reminds me a bit of Jordan Howard. With the RB room as deep as it is, it will be an uphill battle to make the 53. I could see him beating out Dexter Williams pretty easily, but given his lack of return abilities he would have to show elite coverage ability on special teams for the packers to consider him over Tyler Ervin, or he would have to really impress to encourage the packers to seek a trade partner for Jamal Williams.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My impression of Dexter was if his attitude and work ethic didn't do a 180 he wouldn't even be on the roster until the start of training camp.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well, at least they are 3 started with the intention of accomplishing something like keeping people informed. We have other yahoos starting the same 3 threads with the same 3 messages to let everyone know they're upset. Each one with a bit more added hyperbole and teenage histrionics.

There hasnt been this much truth spewed here in a while!!! Your post that is....not all the other rift raft that magically appeared last 48 hours.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Patrick Taylor was my 6th ranked RB (Swift, Jonathon Taylor, AJ Dillion, LEH, JK Dobbins and Patrick Taylor). He’s a goaline back that reminds me a bit of Jordan Howard. With the RB room as deep as it is, it will be an uphill battle to make the 53. I could see him beating out Dexter Williams pretty easily, but given his lack of return abilities he would have to show elite coverage ability on special teams for the packers to consider him over Tyler Ervin, or he would have to really impress to encourage the packers to seek a trade partner for Jamal Williams.

I was blown away he didnt get drafted. If we hadn't draft Dillon I'd place a lock to make it this year, but this is gonna be tough and I sense he isn't one you could hide on practice squad.

Now outside thinking Jamaal is sadly probably going elsewhere after this season. Perhaps we deal him for a 6th or 7th just knowing this and Taylor and Dillon waiting behind Jones and Ervin I guess also.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watched some Delontae Scott tape, I see some promise there. While I sense Taylor and Samuels are my early predicts to earn a spot out of the bunch, Tipa and Delontae both show promise. Unfamiliar with the LB from UCLA...gonna study him next.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Watched some Delontae Scott tape, I see some promise there. While I sense Taylor and Samuels are my early predicts to earn a spot out of the bunch, Tipa and Delontae both show promise. Unfamiliar with the LB from UCLA...gonna study him next.

When I first saw him, all I could think of was "bring on the food and weights" 6" 5" 245 lbs. He looks like he has some potential, but is going to need to bulk up to make it in the NFL.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Surprised there isn't more DL.

I was as well, I suspect it is two-fold: Gute & Co. is much more confident than fans seem to be about Lowry/Lancaster/Adams/Keke but also that a veteran FA acquisition could be on the horizon now post-draft.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The Packers also recently grabbed FA DT Gerald Willis, who spent last year with Miami. Most of the year on their PS and then 2 games playing, until he got hurt.

At the same time the Packers signed Willis, they also grabbed FA EDGE Jamal Davis, who also was with Miami.

I think Willis seems to be the guy who has a better shot at making the team, but both of these guys have to pretty much be viewed as UDFA's fighting for a roster spot.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers also recently grabbed FA DT Gerald Willis, who spent last year with Miami. Most of the year on their PS and then 2 games playing, until he got hurt.

At the same time the Packers signed Willis, they also grabbed FA EDGE Jamal Davis, who also was with Miami.

I think Willis seems to be the guy who has a better shot at making the team, but both of these guys have to pretty much be viewed as UDFA's fighting for a roster spot.

Yup, honestly with UDFA's and those two we have added some Front guys, albeit only one true blue DL.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, as tyn realized, I was referring to iDL. I should have been more specific.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, as tyn realized, I was referring to iDL. I should have been more specific.

While I think our offense is shifting towards more double TE sets and less 3 and 2 WR sets...our defense is clearly going more towards a "stop the pass" type build as well it would appear. I think that is great in this day's NFL against most teams...but you hit a good run team and that is where our team gets SLICED.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still decent free agent options out there. Don't be surprised if they go that route.

I brought up these guys a while back, still very realistic to grab one, and got cheaper post-draft:

As many of us sense it, let's discuss it. We are not going after a top flight guy, arguably not a Tier 2 but young guy either. But I 100% feel we will be a player in Free Agency at the interior DL position, and perhaps especially for run specific type guys.

Granted while I feel we may wait till after the draft...someone may come our way there...a few quick names I feel could realistically be looked at locker room to help Clark in the trenches are:

• Snacks Harrison (Age:31) ...For years snacks was one of the better NT in the league. Regression hit as injuries did last year. Is he done...or does he still have a healthy and worthy year or two in him? Defenitely a guy worth looking at for the role discussed.
  • Michael Pierce (Age:27) ...His age and potential may make him just not be there for us given bigger spending needed elsewhere, but is ankle injury and a down year could assist us making a play. A true NT, his role would be to plug and stop run. He offers a longer future, but I'd argue the same level production as Snacks (if healthy).
  • Domata Peko (Age:35) ...am I a huge fan of him at this point...no, but the dude has been a testament to consistency having played 16 games all but 3 of his seasons in his career. For just purely plugging the middle he could still serve a purpose and worth a one year.
  • Al Woods (Age: 33) ...of the over 30 guys I saw his games more being a Colt for two years and then last year with the Seahawks. He would serve how we need him to and appears to for a trench warrior have above average health typically.
  • Tyeler Davison (Age:27) ...Tyeler is a guy that shocked me didn't get a better contract after his rookie deal expired in 2018. The Saints let him walk, and the Falcons got him for sub-$1Million. With the way he performed in ATL on the one year deal...I am unsure just what it would take to grab him...but he has my eye.

Plenty of others....just a few quick ones.

Latest posts