UDFA Signings...

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you want a day 3 pick to take over for Williams next year and re-sign Jones then I think we're just running in the same spot. Not really improving the position. I like the Dillon pick the more that time has passed. I'm hopeful they DO pay Jones next year as well too, a 1-2 punch akin to Kamara (Jones) and Ingram (Dillon) would be great for the aging veteran QB. If we can afford that, well I guess we'll see. WIth the shift towards the run game that is likely coming, my guess is that's in the plans (re-signing Jones).
If Dillon pans out, as I expect he will, Jones and Dillon would be a great backfield. My 2021 concern - Gluten needs to resign Clark and Bak as well. They might decide to pay Jones, but I’m guessing in that scenario they have to let Bak walk. Decisions, decisions.......

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
You must first come to realize that the necessary 2 gap DL requirement... doesn’t mean 4 stomach folds with 2 gaps in between the folds right?

The Wonderlic ain’t a desert! Let’s try a quiz question to see if you have what it takes!
Which weighs more.. 300lbs of feathers or 300lbs of fat? :whistling:

Put me in coach....I'm ready to play!

As far as the feathers VS fat, I would say the fat, because I couldn't carry the weight around of what I had to do to those poor birds to get 300 lbs. of feathers! :coffee:

I had a crazy dream that I weighed less than a thousandth of a gram...
I was like 0mg!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score

As far as the feathers VS fat, I would say the fat, because I couldn't carry the weight around of what I had to do to those poor birds to get 300 lbs. of feathers! :coffee:

I was like 0mg!

You need to change your name from Poker to Guns and Noses

Reaction score
:tup:

I was like 0mg!

Hmmm. Ok you passed and I wasn’t expecting that? Hmmm. Ok... Nicely done.
MLF Has you one step ahead of Montravious Adams (if he does do jail time) :tup:
I suppose you’re better than the current depth chart there. Meet me outside the stadium near the entrance. (By the fence.. where the team buses are) on Monday, 8am Sharp! I’ll have Begelton come get you.. he’ll be the one with mask and sunglasses. He’s a little slow.. but that guys been a fantastic greeter! :whistling:

D

Deleted member 6794

Nah. The offense will revolve around the running game now. So 25 tds is the goal, and hopefully one we will surpass. I do hope that the wrs and te's do more too.

It's unrealistic to expect the Packers running backs to combine for that many touchdowns again. Last season the Niners were the only other team to achieve that feat.

Oh. Please do explain. The only thing that Williams is probably better at is pass blocking, and perhaps catching.

How is Dillon a significant upgrade over Williams if the latter is better in pass protection as well as a receiver cobsidering the Packers threw the ball on the majority of plays last season???

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How is Dillon a significant upgrade over Williams if the latter is better in pass protection as well as a receiver cobsidering the Packers threw the ball on the majority of plays last season???

Because Dillon is faster, stronger, more explosive, cuts better, better vision, more productive. I only included pass blocking and receiving because those are unknowns for Dillon. However in limited reps, he did well.

Williams is average at everything. Try hard player. Watching tape, it isn't hard to see who is the better player. You should try it some time

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Williams, I think he's just a good solid football player but I don't think he's a game change by any means. I think Dillion can be a guy that influences the offense in a very positive way by the way he can run the ball. as for pass catching, he didn't do it often, but from what I saw, he looked very natural doing it. I'm not really concerned about his hands. I have no idea what his pass blocking is like.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's unrealistic to expect the Packers running backs to combine for that many touchdowns again. Last season the Niners were the only other team to achieve that feat.

Expecting 25 is different than making it a goal.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jones does have a nose for the endzone. He shows surprising strength when he is close.

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you want a day 3 pick to take over for Williams next year and re-sign Jones then I think we're just running in the same spot. Not really improving the position. I like the Dillon pick the more that time has passed. I'm hopeful they DO pay Jones next year as well too, a 1-2 punch akin to Kamara (Jones) and Ingram (Dillon) would be great for the aging veteran QB. If we can afford that, well I guess we'll see. WIth the shift towards the run game that is likely coming, my guess is that's in the plans (re-signing Jones).

I think it’s crazy that Jones will be the 3rd highest paid RB on the roster after Dillon signs. I would love to have a backfield like that but I really don’t think it will happen. He’s going to command 10+. It would be smart to use another high draft pick next year to replace him (on the premise that we are transitioning to a “running team.”) unfortunately, the 2021 RB draft class is a weak one so Williams resigning to back Dillon up could be a reality. The packers might also bring in a proven vet. These are some 2021 FA RB’s. Joe Mixon, Kenyan Drake, Tevin Coleman, James White, Matt Brieda, Kareem Hunt, and Damien Williams.

D

Deleted member 6794

Because Dillon is faster, stronger, more explosive, cuts better, better vision, more productive. I only included pass blocking and receiving because those are unknowns for Dillon. However in limited reps, he did well.

Williams is average at everything. Try hard player. Watching tape, it isn't hard to see who is the better player. You should try it some time

Dillon wasn't more productive in college than Williams though.

As a side note, it's amazing that you consider yourself to be an expert evaluating prospects based on some You Tube highlights.

Expecting 25 is different than making it a goal.

Goals should be set at a realistic target though.

I think it’s crazy that Jones will be the 3rd highest paid RB on the roster after Dillon signs. It would be smart to use another high draft pick next year to replace him (on the premise that we are transitioning to a “running team.")

Dillon won't make more money than Jones this season.

While it would smart for the Packers to spend a late round pick on another running back if Jones and Williams leave in free agent next offseason they definitely shouldn't use another day two selection on the position.

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dillon wasn't more productive in college than Williams though.

As a side note, it's amazing that you consider yourself to be an expert evaluating prospects based on some You Tube highlights.

Goals should be set at a realistic target though.

Dillon won't make more money than Jones this season.

While it would smart for the Packers to spend a late round pick on another running back if Jones and Williams leave in free agent next offseason they definitely shouldn't use another day two selection on the position.

I looked these numbers up for a post last season and didn’t realize he had a bump in pay this year. Regardless, he played for chump change the past 3 seasons.

The packers RB positional plans are all contingent on Dillons production. I don’t see them investing a high pick or bringing Jones back if Dillon balls out. We’ve already established that our views on drafting RB’s are different. I’ll take another day 2 playmaker and set the organization up for the next four years rather than waste numerous six round picks year after year on Dexter Williams types hoping that one will eventually hit.

D

Deleted member 6794

We’ve already established that our views on drafting RB’s are different. I’ll take another day 2 playmaker and set the organization up for the next four years rather than waste numerous six round picks year after year on Dexter Williams types hoping that one will eventually hit.

Aaron Jones being a fifth round pick should work as evidence it's possible to find a starting running back on day three of the draft as well.

There are other late round picks as well as undrafted free agents among the league leaders every single season proving it's easier to make it work at the position compared to most others.

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Jones being a fifth round pick should work as evidence it's possible to find a starting running back on day three of the draft as well.

There are other late round picks as well as undrafted free agents among the league leaders every single season proving it's easier to make it work at the position compared to most others.

It always comes back to Aaron Jones. I want to go on the record of saying that I love Aaron Jones but I do not consider him to be a super star. The perennial 1,000 yard rushers in the league are drafted early. I think we can all agree that Eddie Lacy is the best back the Packers have drafted in the last decade. He was a 2nd rounder. I’m happy we hit on Jones but the other 3rd day backs were Dexter Williams, Jaamal Williams, Devante Mays, Jonathan Franklin, and Alex Green.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

Anything is possible, that could be said for pretty much every position. I know what you are saying, but there is a reason there is a draft every year and a reason some guys are picked ahead of others. If the Packers used players like Jones and Donald Driver as conclusive evidence and set their policy on when to select certain positions by it, I think we all would be very disappointed. Jones for example is a bright spot in a long line of pretty disappointing mid to late round or UDFA RB's in Green Bay. If they really like a player and he is available at a good spot in the draft for value, then I have no issue taking him, despite previous successes of players chosen much later by other teams or the Packers.

Last edited:

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It always comes back to Aaron Jones. I want to go on the record of saying that I love Aaron Jones but I do not consider him to be a super star. The perennial 1,000 yard rushers in the league are drafted early. I think we can all agree that Eddie Lacy is the best back the Packers have drafted in the last decade. He was a 2nd rounder. I’m happy we hit on Jones but the other 3rd day backs were Dexter Williams, Jaamal Williams, Devante Mays, Jonathan Franklin, and Alex Green.
It is hard for me to say Lacy was a hit. He had some good games...no doubt. But he was good for what...two years?

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is hard for me to say Lacy was a hit. He had some good games...no doubt. But he was good for what...two years?

If a hit is defined as getting a guy who could be a franchise player, then ya I think Lacy was that guy. Then he obviously went off the rails. Same with Raji. Those guys were hits. Couldn't predict that one would have enough of football at a relatively young age and the other would get fat and eat himself out of football. Though, with interviews Raji always seemed a little crazy.

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score

not sure what happened in 2015 but 1,500 scrimmage yards in 2013 and 2014 was pretty good. He had the talent. Just couldn’t stay away from the food. We won’t put that one on the Pack.

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If a hit is defined as getting a guy who could be a franchise player, then ya I think Lacy was that guy. Then he obviously went off the rails. Same with Raji. Those guys were hits. Couldn't predict that one would have enough of football at a relatively young age and the other would get fat and eat himself out of football. Though, with interviews Raji always seemed a little crazy.

Raji's Mom and Aunt both were dealing with serious health problems; his mom had hypertension and was on dialysis and his aunt had breast cancer he retired to spend more time with them.
His retirement was unforeseen and completely understandable but not because he just had enough of football.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raji's Mom and Aunt both were dealing with serious health problems; his mom had hypertension and was on dialysis and his aunt had breast cancer he retired to spend more time with them.
His retirement was unforeseen and completely understandable but not because he just had enough of football.

Fair enough, didn't know the back story there.

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fair enough, didn't know the back story there.

Yea, that’s tough. I think we sometimes forget these guys have real life struggles like the rest of us.

I am interested to see what direction the organization will go at RB. I don’t think they will break the bank for Jones.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagreed because I just would not call them a hit. Raji was built like a beach ball and Lacy looked like a hippo in ballet shoes. I mean I was definitely rooting for Lacy but not really that surprising what ended up. Neither was going to last. As for Raji and his family. I kind of think making more money would have helped out. But after he foolishly did not take the Packer's first offer; it became obvious he was not worth it. If a player was injured; then I could say calling them a hit. But these guys...not for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts