Cuts as they happen...

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Any vested veteran place on IR is done for the season UNLESS they're waived-injured, in which case they become a free agent. Any of the other 31 teams may sign that player when he can pass the physical. The original team may re-sign that player after the initial paid injury settlement duration + 3 weeks. IF the WR room gets gutted with injuries it's possible for GB to re-sign Funchess... the +3 weeks gives all of the other teams a fair shot at signing him first to eliminate any "funny business" by stashing/waiving a guy to "sneak" him back onto the roster. Prior to 2016 it was the injury-settlement duration + 6 week waiting period, now it's 3 weeks.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any vested veteran place on IR is done for the season UNLESS they're waived-injured, in which case they become a free agent. Any of the other 31 teams may sign that player when he can pass the physical. The original team may re-sign that player after the initial paid injury settlement duration + 3 weeks. IF the WR room gets gutted with injuries it's possible for GB to re-sign Funchess... the +3 weeks gives all of the other teams a fair shot at signing him first to eliminate any "funny business" by stashing/waiving a guy to "sneak" him back onto the roster. Prior to 2016 it was the injury-settlement duration + 6 week waiting period, now it's 3 weeks.
Thanks. And I assume the change from 6 weeks to 3 weeks was due to Covid.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Giants only had $1.8Mil cap space so they needed a PS guy (rather than a vet, such as Latavius Murray).

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup, Amon was a 4th rounder for Detroit this year and their younger brother, Osiris is at Stanford. I think that is what had me excited about ESB, his family is very athletic, as well as intelligent. I do remember their Dad not wanting ESB on special teams at Notre Dame and also wanting his son to stick to a training regiment that John, the former World class body builder had established for his kids.

Yeah, he became one of those dad's. He was fun to watch when he was competing though. Thing is his last name isn't St. Brown, it's just Brown. He added the St. to his kids names so they would stand out.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then damn Giants poached my Dexter!
Sorry OldSchool, but I won't miss Dexter. Hill destroyed any chance he had of even making the PS. I sincerely hope he does well and I'm glad he got picked up. It just wasn't gonna work in GB and he got his chances.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, he became one of those dad's. He was fun to watch when he was competing though. Thing is his last name isn't St. Brown, it's just Brown. He added the St. to his kids names so they would stand out.
one of those dad's that has 2 son's already on NFL rosters and still time for the 3rd. He can't be all wrong.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
one of those dad's that has 2 son's already on NFL rosters and still time for the 3rd. He can't be all wrong.
Yeah,. I don't think he is on the level of LaVar Ball. He was always a showman and I guess it carried over to his sons. Nothing wrong with being proud of your kids and wanting them to have every chance to succeed and I don't really think he has crossed the line yet.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very interesting that he added "St." ahead of his last name. Brown is a lot like Smith, pretty pedestrian. I liked him and he certainly has the athleticism to be a WR in the NFL. Just too many injuries, too many to tie up a slot on the 53. Not sure why that happens to some guys. I wish him the best, and maybe his Packer days aren't over yet. It would be ironic if he got a position to fill an injury vacancy somewhere.

Reaction score
Sorry OldSchool, but I won't miss Dexter. Hill destroyed any chance he had of even making the PS. I sincerely hope he does well and I'm glad he got picked up. It just wasn't gonna work in GB and he got his chances.
Oh my poor Dexter. tear

I’m seriously stoked about Khylin Hill. I’ve stated such a ways back but lm just being sarcastic about Williams. I do wish him well though. I’d take Hill 10 out 10 times over Dexter

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh my poor Dexter. tear

I’m seriously stoked about Khylin Hill. I’ve stated such a ways back but lm just being sarcastic about Williams. I do wish him well though. I’d take Hill 10 out 10 times over Dexter
Yeah I mean Hill looked like a 3-year veteran in the PS. Now it's just the PS, but he showed a lot of maturity and vision for a rookie and he followed his blocks well, he was patient. Anyway, nice to have three very solid RBs.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys all realize it was more between Dexter and Taylor for the PS spot. Hill separated himself very quickly as the third guy

Reaction score
You guys all realize it was more between Dexter and Taylor for the PS spot. Hill separated himself very quickly as the third guy
Hill was a 7th rounder. Yet had he finished his Senior season I believe he was a late day 2 to early day 3 Draft selection (call him top #125) had he stayed at his Jr pace.
His primary ? was could he tone down his abrasive behavior. That’s why he slid so far. His bottom without that was late Round 5. His performance has been exactly a continuance of his college ball.

I was surprised we didn’t keep 4 RB, but that may have had partly to do with their lack of perceived ST value. Also we utilize the TE in the run game (Hback). There’s some duplication/overlap there to keep 4 RB’s when we have Deguara.

Taylor is obviously more well rounded in the receiving area and we value that.
It also didn’t surprise me that Dexter was immediately picked for another teams PS. They got a 6th rounder, hard working, emergency scenario RB seasoned here 2 seasons in GB at zero cost

Last edited:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True, but it worked out pretty well for Jim.;)

Yeah, but can you imagine how much better he would have been had he been Jim St. Brown.

On the other hand I don't know how much adding the St. to the name really made them stand out. I mean could there really have been that many people going "Equanimeous St. Brown. Yeah, I've heard of that St. Brown kid. I though you said Equanimeous Brown. " Same goes for Amon Ra and Osiris.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, but can you imagine how much better he would have been had he been Jim St. Brown.

On the other hand I don't know how much adding the St. to the name really made them stand out. I mean could there really have been that many people going "Equanimeous St. Brown. Yeah, I've heard of that St. Brown kid. I though you said Equanimeous Brown. " Same goes for Amon Ra and Osiris.
And don't forget Charybdis and Scylla. I think they signed with the Texans practice squad.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm ready for the season to start so we have something to REALLY talk about. I guess these forums keep us football junkies from going nuts in the off season. Either way, I'm ready for Packer football and a great season. Oh, and lot's of discussion with all of you.

Latest posts