Congrats to the Niners

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I don't have a problem with your comments.
What I have a problem with is understanding your motivation for being here.
I don't get it.
Don't you 9ers fans have your own forums to hang out on?
And again, what if the Packers had won? Would any 9ers fans be here congratulating us? Somehow I doubt it.

Maybe he is just genuinely being sporting Bud ? :tup:.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand where all of you are coming from. I didn't mean ruffle any feathers, I honestly have a huge respect for your organization and your teams history.

No need... thanks for the message. What you said is true. I have traveled to see the Pack play in other cities and some team's fans are complete a-holes. Hands down second only to Philly are Bears fans. All sports teams fans have "some" ****** heads but it's the majority when it comes to the bears.

I was at the Vikes-Pack playoff game last year and I spent about an hour before the game people watching and having beers. It was amazing watching Packer fans. Now, some Vikings fans were over the top cocky and rude so they'll get theirs... but for anyone that's cool? Packer fans are the best.

Bears fans are not only ****heads but they are famously fair weather fans. HATE them.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe he is just genuinely being sporting Bud ? :tup:.
Yeah, OK.
I'm just wondering if he and other 9ers fans would have been as sporting if the Packers had won.
Only one way to find out and I would have loved to have found out that way!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bears fans are not only ****heads but they are famously fair weather fans. HATE them.
I don't hate anybody personally.
What I hate is what they do.

For example:
Joe is a Bears fan.
Do I hate Joe? No.
Do I hate it that Joe is a Bears fan? Yes.

I

Yeah, OK.
I'm just wondering if he and other 9ers fans would have been as sporting if the Packers had won.
Only one way to find out and I would have loved to have found out that way!

I think he would have been, and I TOTALLY agree with your second sentiment :laugh:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he would have been, and I TOTALLY agree with your second sentiment :laugh:
Hey, BB.
Do you ever watch the program, Keeping Up Appearances?
On one, maybe two episodes I saw this character named Onslow wear a Packers T-Shirt!
Just wondering if you ever saw that too or watched the program.
I like it.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I

Hey, BB.
Do you ever watch the program, Keeping Up Appearances?
On one, maybe two episodes I saw this character named Onslow wear a Packers T-Shirt!
Just wondering if you ever saw that too or watched the program.
I like it.

I watch it quite often....lol I`ve even based my look on Onslow :roflmao:. Do you watch many British comedies where you are ???

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Meh, congrats to the 49ers. They won. I don't begrudge them the win.

The Packers were in the game and had their chances to win. All the Packers had to do was to make a stop on 1 of 3 3rd down situations and they didn't, and Hyde missed an INT that probably would have been a pick-6 that would have just about sealed the game.

Too many injuries especially on defense.

I just don't want to see that same old tired lines in the off-season about "declaring war on injuries". Nancy Reagan "declared war on drugs" about 40 years ago and it's been a complete rout year after year. And I don't want to read about any "thorough evaluations of the coaching and training staff" with no changes to speak of.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watch it quite often....lol I`ve even based my look on Onslow :roflmao:. Do you watch many British comedies where you are ???
O good. Glad to know your a fellow fan.
Hyacinth tries so hard and it's funny how everyone tries to avoid her but ends up bumping into her anyway!
And her poor husband! That bloke deserves a medal.

No. KUA is the only one that I watch or am aware of that we get.
Do you have any other suggestions?
If you do, I'll see if we get them.

I

O good. Glad to know your a fellow fan.
Hyacinth tries so hard and it's funny how everyone tries to avoid her but ends up bumping into her anyway!
And her poor husband! That bloke deserves a medal.

No. KUA is the only one that I watch or am aware of that we get.
Do you have any other suggestions?
If you do, I'll see if we get them.

I`ll prepare a list and message it to you ;). Oshkosh is a big fan of the british comedy shows.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I`ll prepare a list and message it to you ;). Oshkosh is a big fan of the british comedy shows.
Yeah, and so is American TV which rips off.... I mean, borrows ideas.
3's Company and All in the Family are based off of Brit. comedy shows.

I

I love the American shows ; the big bang theory. the office, family guy, and Mike and Molly myself

USArmyParatrooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with your comments.
What I have a problem with is understanding your motivation for being here.
I don't get it.
Don't you 9ers fans have your own forums to hang out on?
And again, what if the Packers had won? Would any 9ers fans be here congratulating us? Somehow I doubt it.

On the official 49ers forum we have a few regular posters who are fans of other teams. One of them is a Ravens fan and has been on the forum for several years and has over 30,000 posts. It's because we're not a bunch of knuckle-dragger blowhards like Seahawks fans. If fans of other teams come here decide to stick around, you should take it as a compliment.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't hate anybody personally.
What I hate is what they do.

For example:
Joe is a Bears fan.
Do I hate Joe? No.
Do I hate it that Joe is a Bears fan? Yes.

Well...of course! I have a very good buddy that's a bears fan. he is a great guy. I'm talking generalities here. do you ever listen to 670 the score or hit bears fan forums? they're just morons. my buddy the bears fan even admitted to me that visiting fans at soldier field are not treated nearly as well s fans visiting green bay.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My only congrats to the Niners is:
Congrats on not getting Aldon Smith injured (Clay Matthews), Vernon Davis (Jermichael Finley), Ahmad Brooks (Mike Neal), Joe Staley (Bulaga).

I know they were missing Carlos Rogers, about their 14th most important player.

But we were missing Hayward and lost Shields after 1 or 2 plays.
Tough to prepare for losing 2 key guys for the game on the opening drive.

But yeah, Congrats to the Niners on staying remarkably, suspiciously IMO, healthy, once again, and beating us on the last play.

Now SF gets Steve Smith at about 50% for Carolina.
Watch the Seahawks lose Sidney Rice and Percy Harvin, or Marshawn Lynch, before that game next week.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now, some Vikings fans were over the top cocky and rude so they'll get theirs... but for anyone that's cool? Packer fans are the best.

Viking fans are totally Fair-Weather Fans!
Worst I have ever seen.

I

If you can get hold of the British version of Shameless, try that rather than the US version. Sorry but you guys butchered it.
The I.T. Crowd is another that might amuse you.

Packermaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So how come we have all of these injuries? Just bad luck? Our trainers? We had a slew of additional injuries in this game. What do you speculate the reason is?

Just bad luck to be honest. I've seen it happen to teams season after season. Football is an aggressive, physical sport. As with anything physical, injuries can and will happen. We just took a bunch of them. Everything from ACL's, to broken thumbs, a fractured collar bone, etc.. We need to pick up some nice pieces for the upcoming season, hope and pray for no injuries and next season we will be on track to get #14.