Bye, bye Barnett?

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the signing of Bishop, and Hawk having his greatest year, is this the last we see of #56 in Green Bay?

Do we keep him and move him to OLB, or was "twittergate" the final nail in his coffin...

My opinion.. TT & MM need to sit him down, remind him of who works for who, also telling him that there is NOT a huge market for "me first" players who can't seem to stay healthy.

Now when that is done, let him know that the Packers are looking for an OLB if he cares to try out for that position. No guarantees, hope you can win the position.

I never liked the guy, never cared for his "gangsta" attitude and mediocre play...

Your turn.

Reaction score
He will be gone and Hawk will be re signed. Barnett as much as I have liked him in the past just wore out his welcome with his twitter posts. TT is a no nonsense type of a guy and will not have players that do that type of crap to the team. I'm guessing they will package him maybe with a pick to move up somewhere in the draft.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Yeah, he has damaged himself as far as management is concerned. Throwing a shitstorm on twitter when the team is preparing for the SB. Wow! Smooth move there Chachi.

gbpowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought that it might be a tough decision between Hawk and Barnett this upcoming off season but the fact that the Packers haven't really missed Barnett (with the emergence of Bishop) and Barnett's inability to keep his mouth shut & go about things the right way (Twitter is not a forum to badmouth your place of work or show up your bosses!) make it an easy choice!

Eis Bowl

Touchdown Artist
Reaction score
Glad to see that there are others here that feel the same as I do. I've tried not to read the posts or stories about the twitter garbage but think he crossed a line and showed a bit of who he is.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Since he has been out our D has played lot better...

He would be a good back up :)

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Yeah, I think a lot of Barnett's attitude is because he knows he's probably lost his starting spot.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I was a HUGE fan of Nick's,..until the whole twitter thing started. Such a bummer all the way around.
Now just hope he can remain part of the team. :Worried:

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
Good bye nicky you are and will always be a ******, at least I gotta see one of my buddies knock you out downtown...he is really good at smashing his face into other peoples fists

ThorMatthews

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think with the way our players are developing now he wouldn't be really missed at all, the thing that he had before was being the leader and it seems like other people are filling that void now, so he's becoming a non factor.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I think with the way our players are developing now he wouldn't be really missed at all, the thing that he had was being the leader and it seems like other people are filling that void now, so he's becoming a non factor.

Plus, finding solid LB's in the draft or free agency isn't nearly as hard as finding DE or Nose Tackles. So I think we'll be fine if Barnett moved on. Need to keep Hawk though. Dude was a baller this year.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he's bitter because the defense played better and got farther without him. And his desire to withdraw himself to rehab has left him feeling on the outs because the Packers didn't think about him to be in a photo.

Sorry man, but there's a TON of hours in the day to rehab, so I don't buy the excuse you couldn't get it done and still be with your teammates.

Anyway, good riddance. I don't like loudmouths, and he should have kept it in-house from day one. Instead he chose to take it to his 386,000 followers on twitter. A leader would have taken it up with the player captains.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Plus, finding solid LB's in the draft or free agency isn't nearly as hard as finding DE or Nose Tackles. So I think we'll be fine if Barnett moved on. Need to keep Hawk though. Dude was a baller this year.

Agreed on Hawk. If we can get him to restructure his deal, I would love to keep him. The guy has been consistently solid from day one.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Agreed on Hawk. If we can get him to restructure his deal, I would love to keep him. The guy has been consistently solid from day one.

Hawk in an interview said he knows GB won't pay him $10M so he figure they'll come at him to restructure his deal. He said he and his agent will worry about it at that time. I hope GB and Hawk can get a deal done. Hawk has played like a all pro this year imo.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hawk in an interview said he knows GB won't pay him $10M so he figure they'll come at him to restructure his deal. He said he and his agent will worry about it at that time. I hope GB and Hawk can get a deal done. Hawk has played like a all pro this year imo.

Agreed. I'd still like Barnett on the team, but it seems he's really irritated MM (and Rogers) with this picture thing.

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the majority of us can agree that we'd rather have Barnett on the team with no BS than not have him on the team. But its true, with the way we've played without him this year, he's no longer a necessity. Still, he'd be good to have on the team, maybe fighting for his position back would be good for him. But this isn't the first thread where I've heard people talk about the possibility of him playing outside linebacker. Is that really a possibility? I don't know what the intangibles are and how different the positions are. So if someone could enlighten me as to whether or not that is really possible, that'd be great.

Chillarfan54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Barnett was pretty cool before this whole rant , but now with him and Finley complaining about being in a photo and then Nick complaining about rehab. In a small way it's kinda ruinning the Super Bowl experience. Because all we are hearing is negitive things about the Packers.

Reaction score
I think the majority of us can agree that we'd rather have Barnett on the team with no BS than not have him on the team. But its true, with the way we've played without him this year, he's no longer a necessity. Still, he'd be good to have on the team, maybe fighting for his position back would be good for him. But this isn't the first thread where I've heard people talk about the possibility of him playing outside linebacker. Is that really a possibility? I don't know what the intangibles are and how different the positions are. So if someone could enlighten me as to whether or not that is really possible, that'd be great.

He would have to put on major weight (15-30 lbs) to become a OLB in a 3-4. I believe he is the smallest inside linebacker in a 3-4 in the nfl. So very unlikely that would happen, trade him in the draft and get young Casey Matthews to replace him inside

Members online

Latest posts