Brett Hundley -2017 season performances

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hundley panics in the pocket when he's under pressure. Can that be removed with more coaching and experience? At this point he is wildly inconsistent and his overakl body of work is going to hurt his chances moving forward. I don't see any team taking a chance on him with a trade. He looks like a third string qb.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hundley panics in the pocket when he's under pressure
Rodgers was the same way early on in his career. The only way to fix the issue is by putting him on the field and coaching him along the way. I think with he could turn into a decent starter in the league, but he needs minutes and a gameplan (and offense) that suits his playing style. He would've fit in perfectly with Chip Kelly's Eagles team imo.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers was the same way early on in his career. The only way to fix the issue is by putting him on the field and coaching him along the way. I think with he could turn into a decent starter in the league, but he needs minutes and a gameplan (and offense) that suits his playing style. He would've fit in perfectly with Chip Kelly's Eagles team imo.
Rodgers was definitely not the same way early in his career. Was he a polished veteran? No, but he showed a heck of a lot more poise and ability than most young QBs I've seen ... comparing him to Hundley is so far from reality I don't know what else to say.

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hundley panics in the pocket when he's under pressure. Can that be removed with more coaching and experience? At this point he is wildly inconsistent and his overakl body of work is going to hurt his chances moving forward. I don't see any team taking a chance on him with a trade. He looks like a third string qb.

I think he's got the ability to be a good starter.

He's shown enough arm strength and talent, but just isn't consistent enough.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he's got the ability to be a good starter.

He's shown enough arm strength and talent, but just isn't consistent enough.

Who would he start for? And don’t say Cleveland because they’ve literally got the same type of QB in Kizer...except he’s a rookie.

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who would he start for? And don’t say Cleveland because they’ve literally got the same type of QB in Kizer...except he’s a rookie.

I didn't say he could start for someone right now.

The post said he has the ability to be if he is more consistent.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't say he could start for someone right now.

The post said he has the ability to be if he is more consistent.
I truly cannot imagine any team looking at Hundley's body of work and deciding that he is a good candidate to be their starting QB. I think his only chance to be on a roster next year is in Green Bay... and I sincerely hope the Packers decide to cut him loose.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The body of work, no, but there are parts there. Personally I just don't think he gets it completely and some of that might come with experience, maybe not. When things change on they fly, it seems things go south. I think he can be more accurate downfield than he has been, but I think he gets tight or something and is aiming and not throwing. I don't know. But there were times in that Steelers game and he just dropped back and fired it, and he really did look the part of an NFL QB. But when the doesn't happen, unless he can run, he doesn't really look like one. and that's been the problem.

One good thing, I really like our RB's and if both stay healthy, they are what we can win with while playing an inexperienced QB. as soon as Jones got going he got hurt. Williams does not look like the tenative cover the ball and bury his head runner he did in the preseason. He's confident enough and is running hard and well. They are both very hard runners with slightly different styles that compliment each other very well. If they're going that can help Hundley look better because we can play off that.

I guess we'll see. just keep winning, I don't care how ugly. Just find ways

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe if the Packers cut Hundley tomorrow, he would be out of the NFL for good.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I`m going to be honest and say I`m getting a little tired of all the Hundley knocking going on here lately. Like it or not he has done his best to keep us in the running and that is enough for me. He is who he is and even if you hate him or not he`s the best option we`ve got. None of us on here could do ANY better so we HAVE to accept it and get behind him until AR comes back. My two cents worth.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I`m going to be honest and say I`m getting a little tired of all the Hundley knocking going on here lately. Like it or not he has done his best to keep us in the running and that is enough for me. He is who he is and even if you hate him or not he`s the best option we`ve got. None of us on here could do ANY better so we HAVE to accept it and get behind him until AR comes back. My two cents worth.
Yeah, yeah, yeah, he's done his best, he's a decent human being, but he can't play in the NFL. I don't want him on my team as a QB. As far as the best option, I put his failure squarely on TT and MM's shoulders.

I

but he can't play in the NFL.

He can, and he is. He might not be to the required standard everybody is calling for but he`s all we have at the moment, so I prefer to root for him, decent guy or not.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buggy, he's not all that we've got because Callahan is still sitting on the bench. However, you've made a good point.

I don't mind Hundley as our backup QB. I wouldn't hand him the #2 spot next season, but I would invite him back to compete with others. My only wish is that he would stop trying to connect so much on the long ball. He's woefully inaccurate (maybe 2 for 20??). You need to throw deep so that the safeties don't sit shallow, but he doesn't seem to hit the intermediate-to-long routes much, just the short routes with the occasional moon ball deep.

I have no problem with him using his legs and the option play to continue opening up other avenues for the offense.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I believe if the Packers cut Hundley tomorrow, he would be out of the NFL for good.
Remind me again whose first year as a starter stats are whose. You get to match Hundley with Jared Goff and Eli Manning. I chose the other two because they had similar number of games started.
Comp Att % yards TD Int sacks
95 197 48.2 1043 6 9 13
112 205 54.6 1089 5 7 26
126 206 61.2 1269 5 8 23

Hundley is 2-4, Eli was 1-6, Goff 0-7
I'll grant Hundley is not a rookie but then again he wasn't the #1 draft pick either.

Last edited:

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He can, and he is. He might not be to the required standard everybody is calling for but he`s all we have at the moment, so I prefer to root for him, decent guy or not.
When he takes a snap from center in a Packer uniform I am rooting for him, but I am not going to pretend I think he is an adequate QB just because we appear to be stuck with him.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hundley has a chance to be a decent starter as long as it is in the Arena Football League.

I doubt the Packers will either cut him loose. I don't think he's tradeable unless someone wants to take a flyer for a 7th, which would be a rather embarrassing trade for Thompson considering he turned down a 2nd/3rd back in April for him, so even if it's on the table that's not happening.

Guessing we go out and get a veteran backup next year, and Hundley gets demoted to 3rd string, after which he walks as a FA and bounces around camps on and off the street for awhile.

I

When he takes a snap from center in a Packer uniform I am rooting for him, but I am not going to pretend I think he is an adequate QB just because we appear to be stuck with him.

My point exactly. He`s not the perfect solution but he`s the one we have. I prefer to get behind him instead of *****ing about him. AND he can chew as much gum as he wants too !

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hundley has a chance to be a decent starter as long as it is in the Arena Football League.

I doubt the Packers will either cut him loose. I don't think he's tradeable unless someone wants to take a flyer for a 7th, which would be a rather embarrassing trade for Thompson considering he turned down a 2nd/3rd back in April for him, so even if it's on the table that's not happening.

Guessing we go out and get a veteran backup next year, and Hundley gets demoted to 3rd string, after which he walks as a FA and bounces around camps on and off the street for awhile.
Where did you hear this?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's as likely they were trying to drive up value for a trade up for teams interested in Kizer on the opening of Day 2 as it was the Packers were seriously interested in trading Hundley. I'm not sure I'd believe reports they were offered a 2nd rounder for him.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hundley is a career backup. If he manages to get resigned by Green Bay it would benefit him
More by learning from Rodgers. That’s his best bet. I can’t see one scenario where he’s going in to compete to be the starter. Lots of athletes like Hundley at the QB spot selling Cars or teaching PE.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's as likely they were trying to drive up value for a trade up for teams interested in Kizer on the opening of Day 2 as it was the Packers were seriously interested in trading Hundley. I'm not sure I'd believe reports they were offered a 2nd rounder for him.

It sounds like a Day 2 pick though, and I think it's quite plausible they were offered a 3rd.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Either way, I'd be perfectly content if this Sunday is the last game Hundley is ever behind center for the Packers again.