Brett Hundley -2017 season performances

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
when your at work and being paid to a certain job, you are under certain rules a regulations..as are nfl players. lets say your at mcdonalds and you order your burger, and while you wait the employees all take a knee for 30 minutes. or your getting ready to land at JFK and the control tower guys decide to take a knee....you might have different view.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Freedom of speech only is relevant to your ability to verbally oppose your government without fear of persecution. Has nothing to do with your employment or any other dealings in private life.

Having said that, I don’t give two hoots how, what or why you want to protest anything. Kneel, raise the fist, doesn’t matter to me. Do what you think is right, but maybe check with your boss first to make sure you will be ok.

What does disappoint me is how many people use the term “Freedom of Speech” and have absolutely no clue what it is.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why does "work" nullify a U.S. citizen's freedom of speech?
This is not the political forum ... and I have no opinion I would like to express regarding Kapernick, kneeling or anything else related ... however your question is naive and uniformed... Go read the First Ammendment... it limits nothing but the government.... You have no right to free speech in the private sector. If your boss does not like what you have to say... he can most definitely fire you.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Won't step up in the pocket; runs like a scared rabbit , but not past the line of scrimmage....he's not NFL material. But good news everyone! The Packers have just called me up to be the QB. I'm only 60 years old, which guarantees I won't run out of the pocket and it also guarantees, I'll get rid of the football toward my receivers in record time!

Jim Lite

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Consider the objections to signing an arguably better QB than we now have. Employers can certainly fire based on one's statements. But in view of our dire situation, should a player's reaction during a pre-game ceremony be an excuse for eliminating the benefits of our exploiting his much needed talent?

crent

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Better QB? If Im not mistaking and correct me if Im wrong, but didn't Kaepernick go 1-10 in 2016 and 2-6 in 2015 with the 49ers. I cant find any reason to sign him to the packers. At this point we are better off putting callahan in and letting him show what he has to offer.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think he's better. He's had some terrible games too. I think one he had more sacks than he had completions before he was pulled. As soon as Rodgers went down, the goal became win enough that he can come back and hopefully get us to the postseason. A long shot, but a shot. it's looking more bleak, but until there's no chance, there's a chance. That said, IF Kaep was going to come here we'd have to run strictly a 1 read and run offense and for that to be successful, receivers Oline RB's everyone plays differently. To make that switch now and then try and win enough to get Rodgers back and switch back for a post season run? It isn't happening. It just doesn't work that way. It would be a miracle if Rodgers could come back and pick up where he left off even assuming the offense has still been running the same stuff. Now everyone has to switch again? There's a reason December football is different and better than September football. Reps, experience and time off all play roles in these things.

crent

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think he's better. He's had some terrible games too. I think one he had more sacks than he had completions before he was pulled. As soon as Rodgers went down, the goal became win enough that he can come back and hopefully get us to the postseason. A long shot, but a shot. it's looking more bleak, but until there's no chance, there's a chance. That said, IF Kaep was going to come here we'd have to run strictly a 1 read and run offense and for that to be successful, receivers Oline RB's everyone plays differently. To make that switch now and then try and win enough to get Rodgers back and switch back for a post season run? It isn't happening. It just doesn't work that way. It would be a miracle if Rodgers could come back and pick up where he left off even assuming the offense has still been running the same stuff. Now everyone has to switch again? There's a reason December football is different and better than September football. Reps, experience and time off all play roles in these things.
Totally agree, its hard enough to switch one persons way of playing now imaging switching a whole offense. No way it will happen and definitely not in 1 or 2 weeks. Only if Hundley can keep the momentum he gets going on his first drive of every game we would be golden, but it seems like any little pressure to the QB just overwhelms him.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikings: Threw 2 million bucks at Case Keenum, a journeyman undrafted free agent. Never played in the Vikings offense before 2017. Result when called upon, total success, 8-2.

Packers: Invested a 5th round pick in Brett Hundley, coached him for 3 years in supposedly one of the best QB coaching schools in the NFL. Turned down a day 2 pick for him. Result when called upon, total disaster.

How is it this difficult for us? Are Mike McCarthy's QB coaching skills just THAT overrated? Please don't say it's Keenum's supporting cast. There is absolutely nothing special about the Vikings offensive line and guys like Thielen, McKinnon and Latavius Murray compared to our line and Nelson, Adams, Montgomery, etc.

crent

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No he probably wont do any better it obvious, but why put in a qb that will mostly likely give us the same results. Like another poster said no reason in changing your offense only for your starting qb to return when eligible in 2 weeks (thats if they do let him return) and switch everything back. No point in starting all over when your more then half way threw the season.

Jim Lite

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No he probably wont do any better it obvious, but why put in a qb that will mostly likely give us the same results. Like another poster said no reason in changing your offense only for your starting qb to return when eligible in 2 weeks (thats if they do let him return) and switch everything back. No point in starting all over when your more then half way
threw the season.
:rolleyes:
Sticking with Hundley as opposed to giving Kaepernick a shot will indeed show that we totally
"threw" the season.

SAD.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:rolleyes:
Sticking with Hundley as opposed to giving Kaepernick a shot will indeed show that we totally
"threw" the season.

SAD.

I'm not sure if you're doing a grammar police thing or if you're serious but he obviously wasn't saying that. :)

But political feelings aside, I agree with you that we clearly would have had a better shot with Kaep.

crent

Cheesehead
Reaction score
in my opinion i still don't think hes a better QB but his experience might have helped.

but that's just my opinion. lol

Jim Lite

Cheesehead
Reaction score
in my opinion i still don't think hes a better QB but his experience might have helped.

but that's just my opinion. lol
At least we agree on Hundley. Next QB should have a backup. Why not give both Cal and Kaep a shot?

Apologies for the grammar policing. Sometimes I just can't help myself. :devilish:

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikings: Threw 2 million bucks at Case Keenum, a journeyman undrafted free agent. Never played in the Vikings offense before 2017. Result when called upon, total success, 8-2.

Packers: Invested a 5th round pick in Brett Hundley, coached him for 3 years in supposedly one of the best QB coaching schools in the NFL. Turned down a day 2 pick for him. Result when called upon, total disaster.

How is it this difficult for us? Are Mike McCarthy's QB coaching skills just THAT overrated? Please don't say it's Keenum's supporting cast. There is absolutely nothing special about the Vikings offensive line and guys like Thielen, McKinnon and Latavius Murray compared to our line and Nelson, Adams, Montgomery, etc.

I'm of the opinion that Keenum might actually be better than Bradford. Bradford's been injury prone and has never passed 8 wins in a season before. I also think he might be having one of those Nick Foles kind of years like 2013 when Foles came in and surprised everyone with his high level of play. Foles that year, Derek Anderson in 2007 and a few others have had those few years where everything clicked and they rolled with it. I think he'll be a 1-year wonder just like those guys.

My thing is this. There are some QBs who you could put in either Bellichick, Payton or McCarthy's QB schools and they'd never get fixed. For example, remember the Pats brought in Tim Tebow that one year and were unable to fix him. They also tossed Ryan Mallet out after a couple seasons and decided he was too broke to backup Brady. Whereas Jimmy Garropolo and Matt Cassel back in the day did get it, until Cassel left and got ruined by KC. Coaches can only do so much to fix bad QBs, and it's ultimately up to the QB to get it. I mean ... Brian Brohm, drafted him pretty high, we kept hoping he'd turn out to be a hot commodity backing up Rodgers, and he failed. Matt Flynn got drafted with scouts putting him on a lower scale than Brohm, yet he turned out quite well running MM's offense. It just goes to show that it's up to the GM to be able to evaluate QBs properly, and in some cases they fail bad at doing so like Hundley.

crent

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing is you can teach someone how to try and run an offense and be a QB but you cant teach instinct. The way he reacts to certain pass protections or rushes sometimes is just mind blowing.

crent

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At least we agree on Hundley. Next QB should have a backup. Why not give both Cal and Kaep a shot?

Apologies for the grammar policing. Sometimes I just can't help myself. :devilish:
I think it would only be worth getting Kaep if we plan on keeping him in the future. But changing our offense or trying to change him to accustom him to our offense will definitely be rough.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it would only be worth getting Kaep if we plan on keeping him in the future. But changing our offense or trying to change him to accustom him to our offense will definitely be rough.

I think this is part of the problem and MM's offense is unlikely to change its base concepts. Other problem is that I don't know if Kaep's ever succeeded without a lights out running game to go with him. We don't have Frank Gore on this team, and if your run game isn't working, defenses won't be getting fooled by zone read plays.

Jim Lite

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now that Colin is perceived as damaged goods, he'd likely settle for less salary than the going rate. And he grew up in Milwaukee, so playing for the Pack might be considered a bonus.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm of the opinion that Keenum might actually be better than Bradford. Bradford's been injury prone and has never passed 8 wins in a season before. I also think he might be having one of those Nick Foles kind of years like 2013 when Foles came in and surprised everyone with his high level of play. Foles that year, Derek Anderson in 2007 and a few others have had those few years where everything clicked and they rolled with it. I think he'll be a 1-year wonder just like those guys.

My thing is this. There are some QBs who you could put in either Bellichick, Payton or McCarthy's QB schools and they'd never get fixed. For example, remember the Pats brought in Tim Tebow that one year and were unable to fix him. They also tossed Ryan Mallet out after a couple seasons and decided he was too broke to backup Brady. Whereas Jimmy Garropolo and Matt Cassel back in the day did get it, until Cassel left and got ruined by KC. Coaches can only do so much to fix bad QBs, and it's ultimately up to the QB to get it. I mean ... Brian Brohm, drafted him pretty high, we kept hoping he'd turn out to be a hot commodity backing up Rodgers, and he failed. Matt Flynn got drafted with scouts putting him on a lower scale than Brohm, yet he turned out quite well running MM's offense. It just goes to show that it's up to the GM to be able to evaluate QBs properly, and in some cases they fail bad at doing so like Hundley.
Intelligence is underrated sometimes... and I'd say for a QB it can be more important than physical ability.

Members online

Latest posts