1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Brett Favre in Packers Uniform Back on His Website

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by John L, Feb 21, 2011.

1. John L

John L Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
  2. jerryricefumbled

jerryricefumbled Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    Maybe he'll stay retired and he can began the long, tough road home back into our hearts.

3. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,673
    Meh.
    Whatever.
    It really is the off season when things like this are started.
    Both the blog and the conversation here.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,395
    looks like he is done to me

• Like Like x 1
  5. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    Who's ready to see him in green & gold again...even for one game? I don't think I'm ready for that.

6. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,039
    Those *@!@s dont know what he is doing. I remember his cronies laughing at the reports of him going to Minnesota. Then closing up their shop and moving when it actually happened.

Grandpa could easily be in AZ next season. Nothing would surprise me with him at this point.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,673
    Ain't gonna happen.
    Only place he's wearing green and gold is in past photos which is where it will be now and always.

• Like Like x 1
  8. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    I'm ready. He's proven himself to be as immature and trite as any person I've had the pleasure of coming into contact with but he was my very favorite player for so long, and when I'm watching game film or sounds bites of him now, I can't stay mad at the guy. So I've stopped trying. Whenever he comes back, I'm ready.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    Pretty much exactly how I feel.

10. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    IF he were to come back, I think it'd have to be Minnesota. I can't see him wanting to learn a new offense again.

11. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    It is my understanding he needs to come back for ONE game as Packer in order to be inducted to Hall of Fame. He hurt his GB family/fans. Make him sweat it out. (jerk)

12. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Where'd you get that understanding from?

All he has to do to be eligible for the Hall of Fame is to not play football for 5 consecutive years. He doesn't need to return to the Packers in any capacity.

• Like Like x 1
  13. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +307
    Um who cares?

• Like Like x 3
  14. LombardiChick

LombardiChick Win or lose, I love this team.

Ratings:
    +678
    His picture in green and gold might be back on his site, but as long as that gaggle of harpies is still there verbally beating anyone who says something nice about Aaron Rodgers to death, it's not going to be a great hang for a Packer fan.

Disclaimer: The opinions expressed by LombardiChick are exclusively her own. LOL

• Like Like x 7
  15. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Is he talking about the Packer Hall of Fame. Never heard of that requirement either.

16. Skarecrow

Skarecrow Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +60
    You know, with us having won a super bowl and our boy Rodgers winning the SB MVP, I feel we have gotten past him, that we are a new team. With his team tanking so badly and Brett having such an awful year, I almost pity him.

For the football he played as a Packer, for helping us reach the super bowl again, for all the records, and for all the good times, Favre should have his number retired and his jersey in our HOF.

For being a huge douche bag, the will-he-won't-he retirement drama for years on end, for going to the vikings just to stick it to us, for being an *** to Rodgers, well, he ain't the most beloved ex-Packer around here. Give him his little ceremony then show him the door.

• Like Like x 7
  17. PackersPete

PackersPete Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +27
    I like the way you think, Skarecrow.

18. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,966
    I could agree with this 100%

My belief that TT was doing the right thing is justified with the SB win..Hell even w/o a SB win it would have been justified

Just cuz his web site has a new picture, is it worth all of this debate?

He honestly can't win...He doesnt call Rodgers he is a dick and doesnt care...He does call him he is trying to steal spot light..

Just let the man retire

( Wow did I say that? )

• Like Like x 3
  19. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,673
    Note to self: Wanna get more than 5 replies to a thread, start one about Brett Favre despite my screen name.

• Like Like x 2
  20. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +307
    Lets ask Mr. T what he feels about Brent...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtccYv0BJSs&NR=1]YouTube - Mr.T - I Pity the Fool![/ame]

• Like Like x 2
  21. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    This is how his career should look like now that he is retired. he should be wearing green and gold and supporting us 100%.

22. LAG

LAG Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +164
    This is true, but Favre dug himself into a huge hole with the Packer nation and it is too soon, to come back to hugs and kisses. Logic tells us Favre should be dancing and celebrating the green and gold, along with the likes of Bart Starr and other former player greats and all the fans, with the Packers SB XLV triumph. But Brett's purple experience is yet so fresh and recent. Not to far behind is his stick it to the Packers mindset, which we know came from his clash with the new sheriff's here (TT and MM). Favre was spoiled by Mike Sherman into getting his way with everything, BTW.

My thinking is Favre wished the Pack would fall apart somewhat or even crash and burn after his fall from grace and messy exit. That way, he would come back to Titletown a cherished hero riding a white stallion, to throngs of wild, passionate admirers. That return has been delayed and the stallion has been replaced by a donkey, for the time being.

Just my opinion, of course.

• Like Like x 5
  23. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    He's either suffering from extreme boredom or he's just practicing for his # retiring ceremony.

Or, if in our worst nightmares, he is getting ready for his Oscar worthy performance in "Favre, The Movie".

• Like Like x 2
  24. brett2520

brett2520 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +32
    He should have his number retired very soon, just because he deserves it for everything (SB win, records, etc). Plus, the longer we draw out the retiring his number, the more ?s Rodgers will have to answer about him. Retire it and move on and allow Aaron to bask in the glory as our current favorite Packers player.

• Like Like x 1
  25. greenandgold

greenandgold I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan

Ratings:
    +465
    So all of a sudden he wants to schmooze with Superbowl winners, which he was supposed to make Minnesota finally become?

Oh the perfidy.

• Like Like x 1