Brett Favre in Packers Uniform Back on His Website

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
He should have his number retired very soon, just because he deserves it for everything (SB win, records, etc). Plus, the longer we draw out the retiring his number, the more ?s Rodgers will have to answer about him. Retire it and move on and allow Aaron to bask in the glory as our current favorite Packers player.

Rodgers will always have to anwser questions about Favre even if Favre died...that end of it will never go away

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the league should simply retire no 4 for every team in his honor. Geez, I wish he would just move to Nicaragua or something.

Tecmo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The sooner GB retires his number, the sooner we can stop hearing about him. He just better apologize to Packer nation when he's up on that stage at mid-field.

Pegger Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I imagine if he stays retired for the next 5 years and is inducted into the NFL Hall of Fame, by that point everyone (EVERYONE) will be 100% over this drama over the past 3 years.

Right now, I'm alright with him... Hell, I might even wear his jersey once and a while! (maaaybe) Changing his official site, no matter how small a gesture, is a step in the right direction IMO, and I could see him getting his GB number and jersey retired in a year or two... but any time before then would be too soon IMO.

gbforever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm over it, I would glady welcome him back. It's hard to be mad at him looking at the state he's put the vikings in. In the long run it ended up benefiting us.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm over it, I would glady welcome him back. It's hard to be mad at him looking at the state he's put the vikings in. In the long run it ended up benefiting us.
Which is why I would like it if he kept on playing for the Vikings.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, here's a thought.
If he had been taken out by the Packers, we'd be writing something about it every week on here or in every post about BrINT.
"And let's not forget what (Insert name of Packers D-Fensive player here) did to him making him quit!"

But since it's da Bears, no one, and I mean no one on here has ever mentioned it or given credit to the Bears for doing what we all wanted to see happen.
So I give props to the Bears (And will probably be the only one. So be it.) not for hurting him but for making him end his starting streak and to show the world that the Iron Man is now rusty.

Tecmo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't want to see the guy get hurt, but I would've like to see the streak end due to poor play. Man we were close...

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, thanks everybody for your support. I know I can still play. Just loosening up the arm with the kids in Kiln. Who knows--there may be a good team out there in need of a QB.....

Brett. p.s. Go Pack!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Which is why I would like it if he kept on playing for the Vikings.

That brings up an interesting question. IF he did decide to "come out of retirement," and I must emphasize the point he has not yet "officially" retired, (he just says he is and he does that every year), would the Vikings even have him back? And if so, 2nd or 3rd string? I can't imagine he'd get 1st string. Can you imagine the hissy fit he'd have if he came back and they put him on 2nd or 3rd string? He'd probably demand to be traded on the spot. Now here comes the scary truth. There are probably teams out there that would willingly sign him and make him 1st string. The Vikings did it, sure a lot has happened since then, but this is Favre we are talking about.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That brings up an interesting question. IF he did decide to "come out of retirement," and I must emphasize the point he has not yet "officially" retired, (he just says he is and he does that every year), would the Vikings even have him back? And if so, 2nd or 3rd string? I can't imagine he'd get 1st string. Can you imagine the hissy fit he'd have if he came back and they put him on 2nd or 3rd string? He'd probably demand to be traded on the spot. Now here comes the scary truth. There are probably teams out there that would willingly sign him and make him 1st string. The Vikings did it, sure a lot has happened since then, but this is Favre we are talking about.
I can understand your mistrust.
This time, though I think he is really done after the injuries he got.
A wake up call that he is now too old for this game.
Plus they really had to drag him back to Minny last year with three bozos who went to his house in Miss.
And I don't think any teams would want to go to all that drama again. Or any drama with the has been rust bucket.
I think or would hope that all the teams have seen him what he really is now, which is a reckless losing QB whose glory dayz are long gone behind him.
So I think he's done and the NFL is done with him.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Pfft, some of you are really pathetic with your deep hatred.. seriously? I was as upset as anyone, but to still feel that strongly seems silly and such of waste of energy.. I'm a lover though, not a fighter..

Nick 52

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any dislike I had of Favre has been pretty much washed away by the SB XLV win .

He gave us about 10 great years, 1 SB win, lots of records ........ before giving us a few poor years, lots of interceptions, messing us about for 3 off-seasons, and the betrayal with the Viqueens.

On balance he did us more good than harm, and as the Packers are now in a great position to have a successful era; and any negatives caused by the 2006-2010 Favre have been overcome, let bygones be bygones.

Retire his number, give him a nice ceremony at Lambeau, and then get on with winning more Championships with the current crop of players.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is an article on Lord Fail's website which does acknowledge the Packers XLV win which is only from the fan's perspective.
By reminding us of Brent winning in '97 while making sure not to mention Rodgers or any other Packers team member they make sure to dis Rodgers and the 2010 Packers
And yet there is a claim that Burnt wants to reach out to Rodgers? Whatta guy.

Official Website of Brett Favre » News » Packers return to Green Bay as Super Bowl champs
Justin Spes, 31, of Green Bay, took it all in as he sipped a beer from Umentum's wagon. He remembers the Packers' 1997 Super Bowl win, but said this time was so much sweeter.
The 1997 team, led by quarterback Brett Favre and defensive end Reggie White, dominated opponents. This version of the Packers scrapped and clawed for everything it got. It was no different in the Super Bowl as the Packers barely survived a late Steelers rally, he said.

"We won that game," he said, "purely on heart."

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why does he seemingly always NEED to be the center of attention and the most important player on any given team??

Just wondering.

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL

Kitten, if I'm not mistaken, Lord Favre is a free agent now technically since his contract with the Queens has expired. He signed a 2 year, $X million contract in 2009, so he can technically play the field if he so chooses to come back. :banging:

CSchw

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Should have ended it as a Packer, but it was his choice to keep playing. The old man almost got the Vikings to the Super Bowl. It would surprise me if he signed a one-year deal with anyone.

Didn't know he had his own site :p.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers has been smart in avoiding comments on the former QB. With this last post, I'm now officially following his lead, and would suggest all good Packers fans do the same.

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers has been smart in avoiding comments on the former QB. With this last post, I'm now officially following his lead, and would suggest all good Packers fans do the same.

The old man is done playing football and now he has time to count his money.

It is hard to be a "good Packer fan" and not make comments about him. Time to practice, I suppose.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
There is an article on Lord Fail's website which does acknowledge the Packers XLV win which is only from the fan's perspective.
By reminding us of Brent winning in '97 while making sure not to mention Rodgers or any other Packers team member they make sure to dis Rodgers and the 2010 Packers
And yet there is a claim that Burnt wants to reach out to Rodgers? Whatta guy.

Official Website of Brett Favre » News » Packers return to Green Bay as Super Bowl champs

Oh brother.

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
The 1997 team, led by quarterback Brett Favre and defensive end Reggie White, dominated opponents. This version of the Packers scrapped and clawed for everything it got. It was no different in the Super Bowl as the Packers barely survived a late Steelers rally, he said.

Yep, again, we didn't win the Super Bowl, Steelers lost it, right? :mad2:

Members online

Latest posts