Brett Favre in Packers Uniform Back on His Website

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The 1997 team, led by quarterback Brett Favre and defensive end Reggie White, dominated opponents. This version of the Packers scrapped and clawed for everything it got. It was no different in the Super Bowl as the Packers barely survived a late Steelers rally, he said.

Yep, again, we didn't win the Super Bowl, Steelers lost it, right? :mad2:
Right.

It was the Stealers who were scrapping and clawing. Trying to keep up and take over the lead.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
The 1997 team, led by quarterback Brett Favre and defensive end Reggie White, dominated opponents. This version of the Packers scrapped and clawed for everything it got. It was no different in the Super Bowl as the Packers barely survived a late Steelers rally, he said.

Yep, again, we didn't win the Super Bowl, Steelers lost it, right? :mad2:

Yes, imagine how our season might have ended if only Brett Favre been under center.

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
I just did the idiotically, mind numbing thing of going and reading OBF just to see what's on the menu with their chef off the job. They now have a Packer forum again, and the first thing I read is the Head-Headcase having a fit that an article written about the Pack's Super Bowl run mentioned Brett's interception, which, of course, should have an asterisk, because so many things went wrong on that play and he only gets the blame.

I've had my fill of kool-aid today, time to get back to work.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, imagine how our season might have ended if only Brett Favre been under center.
0-16

I was watching that yesterday a few times. And I just watched it again. Never gets old.

Over a year later, it's still a good question. Why do you even ponder passing?
A year later that quote is still epic.
"This is not Detroit man! This is the Super Bowl!"
Gotta be one of the best radio ad libs anywhere!

And from the vid, that Pegger posted, you can really see there is an open Vikings receiver on the right sideline. Favre with his accuracy could have made that pass.
Thankfully he did what he did and made the poor choice to lose it for himself and his team, which is the best one he's ever been on.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
0-16

I was watching that yesterday a few times. And I just watched it again. Never gets old.

A year later that quote is still epic.
"This is not Detroit man! This is the Super Bowl!"
Gotta be one of the best radio ad libs anywhere!

And from the vid, that Pegger posted, you can really see there is an open Vikings receiver on the right sideline. Favre with his accuracy could have made that pass.
Thankfully he did what he did and made the poor choice to lose it for himself and his team, which is the best one he's ever been on.

You know, I honestly do appreciate the good times we had with Favre, but this effort to rehabilitate his legacy (and make us forget about critical, heartbreaking INTs) at Rodgers' expense is truly bizarre.

Who among us would trade Rodgers for Favre today? Anybody? Anybody? Bueller...?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Should have ended it as a Packer, but it was his choice to keep playing. The old man almost got the Vikings to the Super Bowl. It would surprise me if he signed a one-year deal with anyone.

Didn't know he had his own site :p.

you should register and check out the message boards. Say hi to all the crazy insane (late) middle aged women who hang out there.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The best part about the OBF message boards is them blaming other players. Its drivers fault favre threw so many INTs. Its the Olines fault he threw so many this year. Its Childresses fault he didnt let favre run the entire offense and made him throw INTs. Its insane.

Skarecrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you should register and check out the message boards. Say hi to all the crazy insane (late) middle aged women who hang out there.

I have always been tempted to register, lucky I am too lazy. I mean, I am a professional skulker at the Bears and Viking boards, but really don't feel like registering to argue with people who's thought proses completely baffles me. Example, go to the bears forum, look up Mozart in any of the Rival Central topics. People like that can NOT be reasoned with.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The best part about the OBF message boards is them blaming other players. Its drivers fault favre threw so many INTs. Its the Olines fault he threw so many this year. Its Childresses fault he didnt let favre run the entire offense and made him throw INTs. Its insane.
And they think De Nile is the river in Egypt.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Read this comment I found in that article...

You cheese heads really should go back and reexamine that whole deal. Here is how it appeared to me, as it happened: (1) Very early on, Rodgers impressed the staff and front office; the writing started to appear on the wall. (2) Favre was a bone fide ICON in Packer Land and elsewhere, making moving him out of the way problematic. (3) Problematic for Ted Thompson, in particular. Usually, GM's get to fire an HC and reboot. Unlikely, if moving Favre out blew up in Ted's face, so HIS millions of dollars were on the line. (4) So, he conducted a years' long campaign of "shallow support" for Brett. Favre sought assurances and reassurance; Ted and the coaches gave him little but tepid pro forma stuff. (5) It became clear that Ted would very much prefer that Brett hang them up as a Packer, so that he couldn't then go out and embarrass Ted (should Rodgers bomb.) (6) Now, Brett's between a rock and a hard place. He feels disrespected, because he HAS BEEN disrespected. (7) The above led to what idiots call a "prima donna" act. Bull dookey. Brett would've been grudgingly okay with it if Thompson hadn't been such a ******; Brett DESERVED better, even if it wasn't in Ted's best personal interest. (In the context of the game, Ted's a nobody by comparison to Brett; nor is that a slam at Ted.)

As for those who mutter nonsense about how Brett should've either (a) just quit OR (b) worked the whole training cam grind: SHUT THE F*** UP! By the time he got to the Jets, he had 17 seasons in the NFL and was 38 years OLD. Most of YOU have a hard time getting out of bed to get the Sunday morning paper at Noon at that age, after putting in your 40 hours

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett's between a rock and a hard place. He feels disrespected, because he HAS BEEN disrespected. (7) The above led to what idiots call a "prima donna" act. Bull dookey. Brett would've been grudgingly okay with it if Thompson hadn't been such a ******; Brett DESERVED better, even if it wasn't in Ted's best personal interest. (In the context of the game, Ted's a nobody by comparison to Brett; nor is that a slam at Ted.)

The Packers deserved better then having one guy consistently throw pics to end a full season of hard work by a team of players, year after year.

Respect? Move on jack.

Members online

Latest posts