Bear week part one

D

Deleted member 6794

Mr. Thompson, I respectfully suggest that you go find a running back.

It would be absolutely stunning if the Packers don't end up signing another running back to the active roster before Thursday's game. Thompson has left me stunned on several occasions in the past though.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Granted, Starks lost his Grandmother and left Green Bay because of it. But his condition should have been determined quicker, allowing the Packers to IR him and free up a roster spot for another running back. If he mends, they bring him back.

Maybe TT thinks by not using his one allowable return off the IR, he will be rewarded with a draft pick?

Speaking of injuries, any word on Lindsley?

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
there is nothing to gain but to lose in the upcoming game against the Bears. If we win it's just another game against a lousy opponent but if we lose it's confirmed that we just stink!

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No chance MM gets fired during season. However, fans can make a statement by not attending these stink fests. Yes l realize the tickets are paid for. However, merchandise and beer sales go down. Seeing a half full Lambeau field would wake Murphy ( Who needs to be more hands in) up quick!!

D

Deleted member 6794

According to sources the team will promote RB Don Jackson to the active roster before Thursday's game against the Bears.

DT Brian Price cleared waivers and the Packers will sign him back to their practice squad.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
there is nothing to gain but to lose in the upcoming game against the Bears. If we win it's just another game against a lousy opponent but if we lose it's confirmed that we just stink!
Sad but true. We've all been so spoiled in the past.

I will say, seeing an absolute beat down of the Bears might be the confidence booster this offense needs just to spark SOME kind of rhythm. If we struggle again, I might cry.

D

Deleted member 6794

Extremely hard to believe but it's true:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

4zone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It may be the best thing for the Packers to lose this week. They sure need a good hard look in the mirror. They need to get down to bare bone and re-start this thing with no illusions or pre-conceived anything. If a loss this week is what it takes to get there, then so be it. But these guys need to go on that field with one thing and one thing only in mind and that is 'the next play, kick the guy's butt who is looking at me from the other side of the line'. One play at a time.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers have officially re-signed DT Brian Price to the practice squad. To make room for him the team released G Blake Muir from the PS.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
It may be the best thing for the Packers to lose this week. They sure need a good hard look in the mirror. They need to get down to bare bone and re-start this thing with no illusions or pre-conceived anything. If a loss this week is what it takes to get there, then so be it. But these guys need to go on that field with one thing and one thing only in mind and that is 'the next play, kick the guy's butt who is looking at me from the other side of the line'. One play at a time.

I'd prefer the complete opposite approach, especially since I consider the Dallas game the beat down that they needed to "wake-up". Also, the last 16-17 games should have been sufficient enough in the way of players and coaches looking hard into a mirror. No, I would prefer a win and a blow out win against the Bears. One where AR returns to his old form and tosses 6 TD's. Let's have some fun out there and show everyone, including ourselves that we are The Green Bay Packers! Who better to do it with, then The Chicago Bears!

But even if that does happen, the Packers only have to remember the first and second half in the Lions game this year to know, their quest to become a better team is far from complete.

Last edited:

4zone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Getting beat by a good team is one thing, getting beat by a bad team is something totally different.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sad but true. We've all been so spoiled in the past.

I will say, seeing an absolute beat down of the Bears might be the confidence booster this offense needs just to spark SOME kind of rhythm. If we struggle again, I might cry.

I would prepare some extra tissue... Not saying they will lose, but with these injuries and the way Aaron is playing I highly doubt a blowout victory is coming. In fact I seen Vegas has us at 8-10 point favorites, and I think that is being generous after watching our corners last week. And sadly that was with Dez.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would prepare some extra tissue... Not saying they will lose, but with these injuries and the way Aaron is playing I highly doubt a blowout victory is coming. In fact I seen Vegas has us at 8-10 point favorites, and I think that is being generous after watching our corners last week. And sadly that was with Dez.
Good to see you back on here. I'm honestly just going to watch the games, I'm done expecting anything from this team at this point. If they break out of their funk, great! It's not impossible, you know? But I'm done getting my hopes up.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good to see you back on here. I'm honestly just going to watch the games, I'm done expecting anything from this team at this point. If they break out of their funk, great! It's not impossible, you know? But I'm done getting my hopes up.

Yeah, I totally agree... There isn't anything wrong with enjoying the game and seeing what happens. I would do it even if they go 3-13.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I totally agree... There isn't anything wrong with enjoying the game and seeing what happens. I would do it even if they go 3-13.
We can't give up on them. They've spoiled us in the past and now we're struggling. Can't give up.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Sam Shields will miss fifth straight game vs. the Bears on Thursday.

I think its safe to conclude that even if Sam comes back this year, his days in GB are numbered. Unless they invent a helmet that is made out of a black box, keeping him past this year isn't worth the risk or salary hit.

I'm expecting news of his retirement more then I am expecting news of him playing.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Lose this week? Can we afford to? My guess is that there were posters here saying the exact same thing this week in 2010 after we lost to Miami to go 3-3. We even had poor offensive performances after that, but we all know that ending. I think folks need to step back from the edge of the cliff.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts