Bear week part one

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Good thing it's a short week for us fans as we need to move beyond the last debacle quickly. Players probably physically feel different but emotionally would agree.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who's feeling confident about beating the Bears? Anyone? Not raising my hand for that one :roflmao:

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reaction score
As long as we're not having an awards ceremony in Lambeau. We're 0-2 when doing accommodations for past players in Lambeau recently. And when in Canton we can't even get to kickoff without issues.
No more celebrating past players until we can string 3 wins together!

Packer4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm afraid the Bears D will shut us down, too. I'm surrounded by Bears fans and absolutely can't stand losing to them. We are out coached by just about everybody in this league.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bears are a very, very, very bad team with no play-makers. The Bears are starting a journeyman quarterback (Hoyer), don't have their first round pick (Kevin White) from last year, and are currently starting their 3rd string rookie running back (Jordan Howard). The Packers are playing at home. Packers should win, but I say that with absolutely no confidence.

Charles gerbschmidt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bears are a bad team and know they are not going to make the playoffs so this Thursday's game is their Super Bowl. It would make their season to beat the Packers at Lambeau on a nationally televised game. They will be amped, no doubt..

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bears are a very, very, very bad team with no play-makers. The Bears are starting a journeyman quarterback (Hoyer), don't have their first round pick (Kevin White) from last year, and are currently starting their 3rd string rookie running back (Jordan Howard). The Packers are playing at home. Packers should win, but I say that with absolutely no confidence.

Hmmm. You could insert the words Vikings, bradford, remove peterson and road game, or Cowboys, Prescott, dez, and...

Well, you get the point. We do agree about your last sentence at least.

pfcmsh

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, the Bears are bad. I love that they are. In the NFL, every game comes down to a few plays. That is the difference between winning and losing. As bad as the Bears are, they could be 3-3 if 2-3 plays in the last 2 games went their way. We need to play hard to win. No game is a cinch in the NFL.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Lose to the Bears and the Packers become a huge joke in the NFL.

Win, and the Packers are still left with with serious questions about the quality of their team.

They will need to string together enough convincing wins against good teams before they can be considered a viable contender at this point, IMO.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Well if they lose again in the same fashion as today it is going to be one LOOOOONG week in Green Bay.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As long as we're not having an awards ceremony in Lambeau. We're 0-2 when doing accommodations for past players in Lambeau recently. And when in Canton we can't even get to kickoff without issues.
No more celebrating past players until we can string 3 wins together!
we already tried the 3 wins thing... I'd like to see one against a good team.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We cannot continue to make the claim, "The Bears still suck," when we are not so hot ourselves.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
If the Bears currently need a "signature win" to get mentally healthy, I can't think of another team that is as perfectly set up to provide them with that then the Packers are right now. The Cowboy game erased all the progress the Packers had made in thinking they were an improved team, especially on Defense. With all the disarray on offense, added to injuries piling up, the Packers could be in for a long night Thursday. This is where coaching steps in and finds a way to motivate and prepare a team, that on paper is much better then the Bears. If the Packers lay another egg, I can see something big in the change department happening in the 10 days to follow.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
If the Packers lay another egg, I can see something big in the change department happening in the 10 days to follow.
I recall most "big" changes being a reshuffling of the practice squad and a few assistant to the assistant coaching changes. Start benching under-performing starters. Injuries may take care of that though.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I recall most "big" changes being a reshuffling of the practice squad and a few assistant to the assistant coaching changes. Start benching under-performing starters. Injuries may take care of that though.

I think it might be bigger than those moves, IF ....the Packers lay an egg Thursday night. I get benching an underperforming player to motivate him, but in this case most of the starting 22 would have been on the bench last night. Besides AR's woes, this is starting to feel more like coaching issues. While I don't think MM would be fired, I can see TT and Murphy saying "enough is enough" and an OC would be brought in (from outside the organization) and Bennett and/or Clements are gone. Something seems stale with the Offense and shifting titles amongst coaches hasn't changed that.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
But changing OCs don't matter when the HC is the defacto OC.
You are most likely correct and if in the next 11 games we see more of the same, it may trickle right up to that person as well. Right now, I doubt very few of the Packer coaches are feeling like their jobs are overly secure.

Last edited:

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't even know anymore. Just going to watch the game, no expectations. This is 2015 all over again.

D

Deleted member 6794

Packers injury report:

James Starks had surgery on his injured knee and will miss approximately four weeks. Davante Adams suffered a concussion. Other players that appeared on today's report were Jared Abbrederis (quad), Chris Banjo (hamstring), Bryan Bulaga (back), Randall Cobb (back), Eddie Lacy (ankle), Damarious Randall (groin), Quinten Rollins (groin) and Sam Shields (concussion).

FYI the Packers did not practice on Monday, the practice participation designations are an estimation.

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers injury report:

James Starks had surgery on his injured knee and will miss approximately four weeks. Davante Adams suffered a concussion. Other players that appeared on today's report were Jared Abbrederis (quad), Chris Banjo (hamstring), Bryan Bulaga (back), Randall Cobb (back), Eddie Lacy (ankle), Damarious Randall (groin), Quinten Rollins (groin) and Sam Shields (concussion).

FYI the Packers did not practice on Monday, the practice participation designations are an estimation.

Mr. Thompson, I respectfully suggest that you go find a running back. Maybe Edgar should put down his clipboard and pull on his cleats. Heck, make an offer to one of the Ohio State kids.

Members online

Latest posts