Bear week part one

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lose this week? Can we afford to? My guess is that there were posters here saying the exact same thing this week in 2010 after we lost to Miami to go 3-3. We even had poor offensive performances after that, but we all know that ending. I think folks need to step back from the edge of the cliff.

I think a lot of posters need to wake up.
This team isn't going anywhere.

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've become spoiled as a fan. We are so use to playing so well that this season (and the second half of last season) I got (and am) frustrated. At the end of the day, there are still 11 games left. The both frustrating and good thing is that on paper, this team has the ability to win it all. Championships aren't won or lost in October and yes, this team HAS to play better, but there are many instances in which teams turn things around before or in the playoffs. We are a 3-2 team who isn't too far behind Minnesota and we are currently a wild card. After all of our struggles last year we nearly made it to the NFC Championship game. Bottom line, I am going to enjoy this season and take it 1 week at a time. I don't care about playing well in the playoffs, that is too far away. I am focused on the Bears. It's time to get the sour taste out of our mouth and put another one in the win column.

Bears: 17
Packers: 28

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going to watch every game and enjoy it, too.
Just unburdened with any Super Bowl hopes.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With all these injuries TT needs to get off his butt and make a trade. He's so in love with his picks and bringing guys from the practice squad that it's costing us. We need help at several positions my lord! This has got to be the most arrogant and stubborn HC /GM combo I have ever seen seriously. The egos on both these guys would have you thinking they have won more than a single SB together smh.

Packerlover29

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Mike McCarthy needs to look at game film from a few years ago. What we are missing are those short slant routes where Rodgers gets rid of the ball in under a second. We have the players for it but we are lacking the confidence and energy. I also wouldn't mind seeing Trevor Davis come in for some deep plays. He has the speed for it. I think the packers will come out with the W on Thursday night.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
We easily bet the Bears
Which Zoo and how big of a tranq. gun? ;)

I will say this, if we don't beat the Bears on Thursday night, Packer fans and the Packers themselves are going to have 10 very long days of wondering what's next.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
shield on IR. I say he should just retire. The guy's brain is probably messed up by now!

4zone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just a thought here but seems like we may have to go LB heavy this week, or DL heavy and pretty much blitz every down to try to generate a ton of pressure on Hoyer so he doesn't have time to throw to any of the wide open receivers they are bound to have this week.

Beagle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
3-2 with the Bears next, you guys are too negative. There's only one thing that needs to change in your team, Rogers needs to get his head sorted. It seems obvious to me that the team is packed (forgive the pun), with talent, you've got a fantastic D, good receivers, a useful OL, but all that counts for nothing if Rogers is going to play like my grandmother.

Maybe bench him for a couple of games and hope he can get his head in gear?

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

3-2 with the Bears next, you guys are too negative. There's only one thing that needs to change in your team, Rogers needs to get his head sorted. It seems obvious to me that the team is packed (forgive the pun), with talent, you've got a fantastic D, good receivers, a useful OL, but all that counts for nothing if Rogers is going to play like my grandmother.

Maybe bench him for a couple of games and hope he can get his head in gear?

Is your Grandmother available this Thursday ????

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Packers can still win, but I don't think it's going to be easy looking at the injury report. WR Davante Adams (concussion), CB Damarious Randall (groin), CB Quinten Rollin (groin), RB Eddie Lacy (ankle), S Chris Banjo (hamstring), CB Sam Shields (concussion) and TE Jared Cook (ankle).

For all the hate Davante gets, I am not sure we have an equal or better replacement for the outside right now. The RB position is a mess and so is corner.

Hoyer is playing good ball overall. He has Rodgers beat in almost every statistical category. Completion percentage, QBR, yards per game, yards per attempt, TD/Int.. Everything except wins, but I think that has more to do with the overall talent of each team. But now with the Packers nursing so many injuries, I am a little nervous.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hurry-up most of the night with Jordy & Cobb short/intermediate routes, Davis & Janis deep patterns and Monty (spelled by Kniles Davis) in the backfield. With AR's 2 "security blankets" running short/intermediate routes he'll be more "trusting" to throw shorter most of the time but have speedsters outside to attempt deep shots. Both Monty & Kniles matched-up on a LB are threats to catch as well as run occasionally. Packers 44-Bears 20.

If MM calls plays "as usual" with 95% of 1st downs a running play for a gain of 1 yd., and AR throwing (incomplete) deep on 2nd down it'll be a long night.

Latest posts