Bear week part one

D

Deleted member 6794

If MM calls plays "as usual" with 95% of 1st downs a running play for a gain of 1 yd., and AR throwing (incomplete) deep on 2nd down it'll be a long night.

Success on first downs is a huge problem for the Packers as they rank dead last in yards per play and first down percentage.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
99% of the viewing public know that a high percentage of 1st down plays are runs, while 2nd & 3rd downs are passes...why doesn't MM see that tendency?

MM needs to look at all of his tendencies and consider changing them... that might be one way to "clean things up" which we hear in every post-game presser. ;)

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
99% of the viewing public know that a high percentage of 1st down plays are runs, while 2nd & 3rd downs are passes...why doesn't MM see that tendency?

MM needs to look at all of his tendencies and consider changing them... that might be one way to "clean things up" which we hear in every post-game presser. ;)
I think it's a pad level problem on first down plays. ;)

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers have run the ball 72 times while throwing it on 67 occasions on first down this season. McCarthy's play calling isn't as predictable as you want to make us think.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Yup....just the 1-5 Bears coming to Lambeau, shouldn't worry us right? This is another one of those games that nobody should assume is a win, especially with what we have been seeing from the Packers lately. Add to that the injuries to the CB and RB positions and we could see something similar to last years November game in Lambeau. While the Bears have only won 1 game, they statistically are better on offense and about even on Defense. They too lost to the Cowboys by a very similar score (17-31) but the game was at Dallas. They also have a similar home victory against the Lions (17-14). Hoyer is playing pretty decent (no interceptions this year), Jeffery is always a threat, I am truly hoping the Packers aren't so busy worrying about what is wrong with them, that they overlook the banged up 1-5 Cutlerless Bears.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No surprises here but players that ruled are out for tomorrow:

Lacy, Cook, Randall, Rollins, Starks, Banjo, and Abby

Davante is questionable.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No surprises here but players that ruled are out for tomorrow:

Lacy, Cook, Randall, Rollins, Starks, Banjo, and Abby

Davante is questionable.

The Bears will make plays on us in the pass game Thursday im afraid. No getting around it. Just hope we can sack Hoyer a few times and get a turnover or two.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
7 Packers are out for thursday game including lacy, adams, abby, and couple of CBs.

Mavster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jesus, with Adams possibly out who will be playing as the second outside receiver then, Janis or Davis? And no Lacy? yikes!
I don't know if I can stomach another prime-time bedshitting of epic proportions

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's funny is I have little faith we will win this game based on recent play and Injuries.

That being said, watch them hang 45 on them and tell fans after to calm down.

It won't calm me down, but we definitely need a win and the long week off.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
That being said, watch them hang 45 on them and tell fans after to calm down.

It won't calm me down, but we definitely need a win and the long week off.

Wait who is hanging 45 on who? Because with the Packers right now, I could believe either scenario.

Packerlover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers/Bears = anything can happen...

Both teams are beat up. I'm going to say we win 24 to 13. We have home field. I say that wins it for us!!

MajikMan7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Despite the injuries and extremely poor play of late, I have GB winning 28-13 in a tough fought rivalry game (I don't care what the Bears record is, it's still a Chi/GB game). Rodgers has strong bounce back game throwing 3 TD.

Packerlover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no idea why but I have a rush of confidence in the Packers, they will win this game.. Rodgers will be on target and control the events in this game. Go Pack Go!

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I think the defense abuses Chicago's o-line. I can see this being 40-17.

Members online

Latest posts