AP, Fumbler Extraordinaire

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
then my eyes were not playing tricks on me. I knew I saw that. Viks should have been able to win that game but it was horribly officiated.

Sort of like a certain game the Packers played this year and lost..But were told dont blame the refs even tho the opponent only had one or 2 flags and the Packers had like 20

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
How did he suck in the first half? Was it his fault for the few key dropped balls? Was it his fault there was no PI called on that first down play? Was it his fault his coach ran 3x in a row on two series? Was it his fault the line decided to open up and give 0 time?

You guys have to just try and find somthing dont you. If Chilly hadn't been a freakn idiot that first half the win that game. But oh well, I'm just happy the guy had a good year.

But WAS HIS FUMBLE that led to 7 points for the Bears..

That was his only bad play if you ask me, if he grips ball better then they might win

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But WAS HIS FUMBLE that led to 7 points for the Bears..

That was his only bad play if you ask me, if he grips ball better then they might win

Bad play yes, but it had nothing to do with losing that game. The d, st, first half o-line play oh and the coaching was hof caliber.

That d let a bad team move the ball up and down the first half. They have issues for sure. But Favre had a good year so I can live with that.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Bad play yes, but it had nothing to do with losing that game. .

Yeah a fumble cant led to a win, just tell that to AP..

While it is not a DIRECT result as a pick 6, but it gave the Bears an extra offensive series that led to 7 points...

You normally have very very logical points to make and I look forward to them, but I am amazed you said that

LOL

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The simple fact is had Chester Taylor been in the game, the Vikings would have won.

That's part of coaching - fielding the "team" that gives your team the "best" chance to win on any given day. Last nite was NOT one of those days for All Day. It was a Brett Favre day, like usual, and All Day blew it once again and it cost his team a real shot at the Super Bowl.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The simple fact is had Chester Taylor been in the game, the Vikings would have won.

That's part of coaching - fielding the "team" that gives your team the "best" chance to win on any given day. Last nite was NOT one of those days for All Day. It was a Brett Favre day, like usual, and All Day blew it once again and it cost his team a real shot at the Super Bowl.

??

They can still make it..Just will be harder..If this team is destined for it, then it will happen..If this team is as good as people "think" then it doesnt matter

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sort of like a certain game the Packers played this year and lost..But were told dont blame the refs even tho the opponent only had one or 2 flags and the Packers had like 20

Im not saying the refs cost them the game. But like I said earlier they didn't help. Minn had a chance to win that game even though they were getting hosed. But they still had a chance and didn't capitalize on it, so in the end it is the team that lost.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
??

They can still make it..Just will be harder..If this team is destined for it, then it will happen..If this team is as good as people "think" then it doesnt matter

They've got no shot. They've got a coach that thinks doing it "his" way is more important than winning games. Why else would he have done what he's done this season? Last nite was a perfect example that Chilly simply doesn't understand the ebb-n-flow of the NFL when he overruled Favre and put his goal line package on the field and Chester was stuffed for a 4 yard loss. It's these type of in-game failures that that is going to undo the Vikings.

Imagine if Favre got the amount of latitude Peyton Manning got? Both have played so long they can figure things out in their sleep.

I also found it odd that Favre's admitted to audibling only about 10 times in 14 games thus far - that's pretty low and it evidently is a direct result of Chilly's iron fist rule. Well, you live by inflexibility and you'll die by it.

YoKramer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bad play yes, but it had nothing to do with losing that game. The d, st, first half o-line play oh and the coaching was hof caliber.

That d let a bad team move the ball up and down the first half. They have issues for sure. But Favre had a good year so I can live with that.
So if he didnt fumble that ball the Vikings would still have lost, interesting.

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah a fumble cant led to a win, just tell that to AP..

While it is not a DIRECT result as a pick 6, but it gave the Bears an extra offensive series that led to 7 points...

You normally have very very logical points to make and I look forward to them, but I am amazed you said that

LOL

I will admit that was a dumb response on my part. Let me place the ball on the fairway again...

The fumble did hurt them and it did result in points the other way. But this was against chicago and the d should have been able to make a stop them limiting the damage. I guess I would put that play at the bottom of the list as to what went wrong.

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They've got no shot. They've got a coach that thinks doing it "his" way is more important than winning games. Why else would he have done what he's done this season? Last nite was a perfect example that Chilly simply doesn't understand the ebb-n-flow of the NFL when he overruled Favre and put his goal line package on the field and Chester was stuffed for a 4 yard loss. It's these type of in-game failures that that is going to undo the Vikings.

Imagine if Favre got the amount of latitude Peyton Manning got? Both have played so long they can figure things out in their sleep.

I also found it odd that Favre's admitted to audibling only about 10 times in 14 games thus far - that's pretty low and it evidently is a direct result of Chilly's iron fist rule. Well, you live by inflexibility and you'll die by it.

agree...Favre knows the game inside and out but childress doesnt seem to listen to him. despite this Favre almost completly stole that game away from the Bears, and thats one of Favres best attributes, the ability to win games himself.

however, that attribute is also his downside, when he starts to think he needs to do everything himself and throws key intereceptions in overtime in the playoffs :( :(

but Favre was completly in control of last nights game which is how he led the Vikes back into it. it just seemed whenever he didnt have the ball the Vikings messed up, (D allowed another TD, Special Teams allows big return, and AP's fumble in overtime) but there is definitly no way shape or form Favre can be pinned for this loss, he really did everything he could to get them back in it.

I definitly think there is much more to this Favre-Childress saga, and that Childress needs to just let Favre go do his thing.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
agree...Favre knows the game inside and out but childress doesnt seem to listen to him. despite this Favre almost completly stole that game away from the Bears, and thats one of Favres best attributes, the ability to win games himself.

however, that attribute is also his downside, when he starts to think he needs to do everything himself and throws key intereceptions in overtime in the playoffs :( :(

but Favre was completly in control of last nights game which is how he led the Vikes back into it. it just seemed whenever he didnt have the ball the Vikings messed up, (D allowed another TD, Special Teams allows big return, and AP's fumble in overtime) but there is definitly no way shape or form Favre can be pinned for this loss, he really did everything he could to get them back in it.

I definitly think there is much more to this Favre-Childress saga, and that Childress needs to just let Favre go do his thing.

It was the Bears with their best D players...( sort of like no Troy in Pitt or Ed in Baltimore) and if they dont fix their issues more than likely a playoff team will not have a let down like that

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
This has been mentioned on several other sites ... and it's something to ponder about as well as worry about also ...

1st half it would seem that the Vikings were running (literally) entirely by Childress / Bevells game plan and play calling ... - as well as Favre adhering to it almost to a fault ... - Whereas in the 2nd half, it would seem the opposite ... - That Favre were "running" the offense and audibled alot more than in the 1st half ...

This should cause some concern, because if that is true it could be argued that Favre actually (perhaps?) tried to make a statement as well (indirectly) ... - Which would indicate that the disagreement between Childress and Favre is seriously messed up atm ... - Personally I still believe the media (especially) is putting too much into this, however, I also think that when Favre said he had only audibled 10 times so far, he was understating it (perhaps trying to being diplomatic about it ?) ... - I seem to recall far more times this season when he has audibled at the line of scrimmage ... probably atleast double that so far ...

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The fumble did hurt them and it did result in points the other way. But this was against chicago and the d should have been able to make a stop them limiting the damage. I guess I would put that play at the bottom of the list as to what went wrong.

Ridiculous assessment. All Day cost them the game with that fumble - plain and simple. The Bears gave up 30 points in two quarters. Had AP not fumbled, the ball would have been around the 40-45 yard line with a mere 30 to go for the winning FG. Favre was en fuego and on a mission from God. He would have not been denied last nite. He was magnificent.

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ridiculous assessment. All Day cost them the game with that fumble - plain and simple. The Bears gave up 30 points in two quarters. Had AP not fumbled, the ball would have been around the 40-45 yard line with a mere 30 to go for the winning FG. Favre was en fuego and on a mission from God. He would have not been denied last nite. He was magnificent.

Whoa there cowboy, I was talking about the Favre fumble. Give me some credit here. If I were to make that assesment of AP's gaff I don't think I would have the confidence to open my mouth-ever

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
If the vikings were a better team they could have overcome those things and still won.

Been waiting all year to play that card like Skol Guy did when the Packers got jobbed in the metrodump.

Members online

Latest posts