All Capers Threads merged

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
datone jones was on Packer post game show and he let something slip...I didnt hear it but the hosts made mention of it later on..

datone said that some players were being selfish today..They wanted the glory, and wiffed..

The Bush issue was one of those plays

Capers can tell these guys what to do, but if the just throw caution to the wind, thats not on Capers
You may be right. I dug up the MMQB article Peter King wrote after the debacle on Thanksgiving and he alludes to the same things you mentioned.

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/11/29/green-bay-packers-defense-embarrasses-itself/

NC_Cheese_Fan_100

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunately, Capers will be back. The defense did do a fairly good job yesterday of keeping a very good and physical 49ers offense in check, especially when you consider injuries to Mathews, Shields, Neal, and Jolly. Of course, it helped tremendously that the offense was able to sustain drives and keep the defense off the field, but I also think the cold affected Kaepernick's passing accuracy.

I still have my doubts about Capers, though. The defense has added draft picks over the last few years, granted they've lost veterans too, but there doesn't seem to have been much improvement in secondary coverage or pass rushing. So even if you decide not to fault Caper's schemes and game plans then you have to wonder about his ability to develop young players or evaluate talent. On the offensive side the Packers seem to find and develop good young players, but that hasn't seemed to be the case on defense since Capers arrived.

I can't help but assume that this year's draft will be very defensive oriented again. I can't see the Packers resigning Pickett unless he's willing to take a paycut. I don't know what to think of whether Raji will be back or not. Although if they let Pickett go they might not have another choice but to pay Raji. They still need a solid pass rusher to complement Mathews. The Packers won't make it back to the super bowl until they can pressure a QB consistently. It's almost embarrassing when the Packers bring 6 guys and the there's no pressure on the opposing team's quarterback.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
You may be right. I dug up the MMQB article Peter King wrote after the debacle on Thanksgiving and he alludes to the same things you mentioned.

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/11/29/green-bay-packers-defense-embarrasses-itself/

I would have exit season interviews and make them anonymous.. Find out whats up with dom or the players

For all the complaining some fans do about capers, they really have no clue on dom is at fault or is it the players..

Only those on the team know

Last edited:

PackerFanInMA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would have exit season interviews and make them anonymous.. Find out whats up with dom or the players

For all the complaining some fans do about capers, they really jave no clue on dom is ay fault or is it the players..

PackerFanInMA

Cheesehead
Reaction score

For all the complaining some fans do about capers, they really jave no clue on dom is ay fault or is it the players..

Pack6817

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess... Congrats to us?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
God I can't stand that thug San Fran qb! The talking heads today are acting like he's the second coming! One of any number of plays in that game go the Packs way and the outcome would have been different. Niners got really lucky... That's all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For everyone quick to find someone to blame, here's another way to look a yesterday: Kaepernick is good. He's a freak of an athlete for a QB and simply outran a few guys on his first long run.

After he torched us running last playoffs, there is absolutely no way Capers and the staff didn't prepare for his running ability. I'm not going to believe any suggestions that they didn't prepare for it as much as they could. Good players make plays.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

For all the complaining some fans do about capers, they really have no clue on dom is at fault or is it the players..

Only those on the team know .

Exactly! I'm been trying to get people to realize that in this thread.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The players being selfish, the blown assignments, the lack of effort/dejected attitude at times........that tells me about the player and the COACH. Some of these guys either don't respect him, don't connect with him, don't believe in him or a combination of the 3. A defense has to be a cohesive unit of players and coaches fighting with all their fight for one common goal. Talent and injuries aside this does not seem like a cohesive unit fighting for one common goal. You can be the best scheme guy in the world but if you don't connect with ALL of your players then there is a huge problem. You can not turn over the entire defense in one season so the best option is to get a good and passionate younger coach in there to lead these men.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The players being selfish, the blown assignments, the lack of effort/dejected attitude at times........that tells me about the player and the COACH. Some of these guys either don't respect him, don't connect with him, don't believe in him or a combination of the 3. A defense has to be a cohesive unit of players and coaches fighting with all their fight for one common goal. Talent and injuries aside this does not seem like a cohesive unit fighting for one common goal. You can be the best scheme guy in the world but if you don't connect with ALL of your players then there is a huge problem. You can not turn over the entire defense in one season so the best option is to get a good and passionate younger coach in there to lead these men.

I never once thought this season the players weren't giving their all. Besides, every coach on the team plays a part in getting effort from the players.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never once thought this season the players weren't giving their all. Besides, every coach on the team plays a part in the effort from the players.
There were times where it looked like Raji was going through the motions, Perry was frustrated and just shut it down on a play and carried it to the next play and also times where Tramon looked frustrated/dejected and went through the motions with his tackling. Maybe its just my interpretation but when they were getting beat up and down the field in the bend dont break zone, the d-backs looked pissed. They looked inspired when allowed to play more man recently.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There were times where it looked like Raji was going through the motions, Perry was frustrated and just shut it down on a play and carried it to the next play and also times where Tramon looked frustrated/dejected and went through the motions with his tackling. Maybe its just my interpretation but when they were getting beat up and down the field in the bend dont break zone, the d-backs looked pissed. They looked inspired when allowed to play more man recently.

We can disagree. I could just be not as attentive too.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds to me like it's not all Capers, and mostly is the players and their attitudes.
You know what that means we're missing?

A defensive player who is a leader back there, who has respect of everybody.
Maybe even one who players fear letting down.

There aren't a lot of Reggie Whites or Charles Woodsons out there, but you know how both came to be Packers?
Clue: Neither were drafted by the Packers

justin22885

Cheesehead
Reaction score
how can dom capers possibly be any kind of a leader on defense?.. how can he possibly command the respect of the players?.. he isnt even there.. he's not on the field to give them a pep talk, he's not on the field to scold someone after a bad play.. and he's never there to congratulate them after a good play.. instead he's sitting up in the box, phoning a play down to one of the other coaches (i believe to kevin greene)..

so no, dom capers is not any shred of a leader on defense and is it any wonder theres a general lack of control and discipline?.. if he cant get his *** on the field where a coach belongs then he doesnt belong in green bay either.. simple as that.. if i was an NFL owner or general manager, his complete absence from the field during game time would be a pretty big red flag in regards to his leadership skills.. does ted thompson not have the intelligence to realize this or is he lacking the backbone to get rid of him?...

as far as on the field leaders go..i didnt see anyone on defense put in more time, more effort both on the field or off the field, nor did i see any other players with the level of understanding that AJ Hawk has.. in my opinion, right now i think he's the only one id consider qualified to be a leader on defense and he needs to take a bigger role in that respect

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Exactly! I'm been trying to get people to realize that in this thread.

Ditto.

Fans will want to believe whatever it is they want to believe.
For now, it looks like LT, Carl and I are the only ones with any sense around here regarding the whole D-Fence and Dom situation.
Packers organization knows and I have trust that they know what they are doing.
If they bring Dom back then it would prove once and for all that he wasn't at fault for our D-Fence woes for 2013.
Would fans "listen" to that?
Hell naw. We will still get "Fire Capers" after every loss and no credit to him what-so-ever after a win.
SMH

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Will you Dom Capers Haters and who want him to be fired pay attention now??????
100% proof right here that Capers is NOT to blame at all!
So of those of you who like to blame him and want him to be fired, shut up!
http://www.packers.com/news-and-eve...e-scored/2974a4ff-ed31-4fc9-b04a-b0a6b2edac17

Full support: Asked whether they thought Defensive Coordinator Dom Capers should remain in charge of the Packers defense after a steady fall in the league rankings the second half of the regular season, multiple Packers defenders stood behind their veteran coach.

“Of course, 100 percent,” Hawk said.

The 49ers finished Sunday’s game with 381 yards of total offense, a far cry from the last two defeats to San Francisco (579 in last year’s playoffs, 494 in Week 1 this season).

“Absolutely, I think Dom did a great job,” veteran defensive lineman Ryan Pickett
said. “We had good calls. Their guy (Kaepernick) broke tackles. We had too many missed tackles if you ask me. That was our problem on defense.”

So blame the players who are the ones that are out there on the field actually doing the work if you want to blame somebody.
And if you still insist that Dom is at fault, then send in your resume' to the Packers office since you obviously have more experience and can do a better job at DC than Dom can.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ditto.

Would fans "listen" to that?
Hell naw. We will still get "Fire Capers" after every loss and no credit to him what-so-ever after a win.
SMH

It's crazy how one bad loss in 2009 and last season makes fans think the entire seasons were bad. They were top five and eleventh those seasons. Those games were also loaded with player errors, but Capers still takes full blame.

Would a shut out yesterday have made people think this whole season was good? Not a chance. Does Capers get credit for good plays made? Nope.

TA63

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol, do you think those players are going to throw their D coordinator under the bus midseason? This defense has a habit of falling apart when we need them most. Quite frankly, the D as a whole played well yesterday, but there have been way too many game winning drives at the end of regulation. Your links are proof of nothing. Numbers are proof, and they are not in Capers favor. The buck stops with him, time for a change.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would a shut out yesterday have made people think this whole season was good? Not a chance. Does Capers get credit for good plays made? Nope.
I know the ol "coaches coach and players play" adage has been slung around here in defense of Dom and the reverse works as well. He doesn't get credit for good plays being made because he is not the guy in uniform making it.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Lol, do you think those players are going to throw their D coordinator under the bus midseason? This defense has a habit of falling apart when we need them most. Quite frankly, the D as a whole played well yesterday, but there have been way too many game winning drives at the end of regulation. Your links are proof of nothing. Numbers are proof, and they are not in Capers favor. The buck stops with him, time for a change.

Woodson last year said Dom didnt adjust during half time..And the ones pissed at Dom would quote that

So my question is this

Whom do we trust? The players that say it isnt Dom or the ONE player (woodson) that only said he didnt adjust

Let me ask you this..

Was Bush out of position on that long run by CK at the end?

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodson last year said Dom didnt adjust during half time..And the ones pissed at Dom would quote that

So my question is this

Whom do we trust? The players that say it isnt Dom or the ONE player (woodson) that only said he didnt adjust

Let me ask you this..

Was Bush out of position on that long run by CK at the end?
Bush appeared to make a big mistake on that long run.
And surely I always trusted Woodson.
But he made mistakes too. Was out of position in that game.
He was posterized many times by Kaepernick.
But I love Woody.

Members online

Latest posts