Adams won't play on tag.....****...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gute now has $20mil to go shopping for 1 or 2 vet WR's (Julio Jones?, Jarvis Landry?, Juju?, MVS?). With #22 should be able to get a very good WR - Olave, Burks, Jameson Williams??

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Gute now has $20mil to go shopping for 1 or 2 vet WR's (Julio Jones?, Jarvis Landry?, Juju?, MVS?). With #22 should be able to get a very good WR - Olave, Burks, Jameson Williams??
Yes....we get to finally go shopping!

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Honestly, Jarvis may very well be an exceptional thought - I like the Julio idea but such a gamble on health....now if you told me Jarvis, Julio, Cobb, Lazard, Draft Pick and Amari was our 6 this year....I could get on board.

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adams traded to the Raiders. Well done Gut!!! F.. that greedstick. Now let's move on and build s team.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Didn't take long for this ESPN change.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@thequick12 please bow down to me as I argued with you about this....

I was wrong clearly that he wouldnt be traded...but thank god it wasnt for Edwards and a day two pick

Looks like packers will be taking a wr in the first round for the first time since Javon Walker...sht they might take a wr in the 1st and 2nd rounds

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd be fine with Darren Waller or Bryan Edwards being the player.

If Darren Waller is the player to be named later that would be great but I saw just a 1st and a 2nd. Everybody saying raiders killed it with this trade, packers should of gotten more

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't expect anything more than the 1st and 2nd.

I thought they'd come to terms as the season started, but I guess he really didn't want to be here.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't expect anything more than the 1st and 2nd.

I thought they'd come to terms as the season started, but I guess he really didn't want to be here.
Adams bought a $14mil home next to Carr about 6 weeks ago...think this deal was set a while ago and that AR knew prior to signing his deal.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adams bought a $14mil home next to Carr about 6 weeks ago...think this deal was set a while ago and that AR knew prior to signing his deal.

Was reported that Rodgers knew about this prior to signing.

Guessing this is why Douglas and MVS haven't signed anywhere. Packers might have told them money might be available soon.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was wrong clearly that he wouldnt be traded...but thank god it wasnt for Edwards and a day two pick

Looks like packers will be taking a wr in the first round for the first time since Javon Walker...sht they might take a wr in the 1st and 2nd rounds

Oh for sure that was an emergency end of explosion type scenario. Clearly this was a talk and nothing...okay let's work to get you somewhere quiet and quick.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was reported that Rodgers knew about this prior to signing.

Guessing this is why Douglas and MVS haven't signed anywhere. Packers might have told them money might be available soon.

Honestly....this isn't a far fetched possibility. And the $20M could easily be enough to cover them and probably a veteran DL or EDGE guy like Whitney for a year.

ctfxcwatcher

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I saw this tweet on my timeline yesterday and didn't think anything of it until obviously what just happened lol
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Honestly....this isn't a far fetched possibility. And the $20M could easily be enough to cover them and probably a veteran DL or EDGE guy like Whitney for a year.
Can Douglas play WR? ;)

I'm actually warming up to this trade.

1. Packers aren't on the hook for $28.5M/year.
2. Packers have cap money to improve the team.
3. Davante isn't in the NFC
4. We can stop talking about Rodgers only looks for Davante.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Forgot to add to that list....great draft picks!

And.....he won't play for a year under the tag...mad and have to be tagged again at a higher cost or he walks.

The Washington Post is reporting the Packers will receive Las Vegas' first-rounder (No. 22) and second-rounder (No. 53) in next month's NFL Draft.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, Jarvis may very well be an exceptional thought - I like the Julio idea but such a gamble on health....now if you told me Jarvis, Julio, Cobb, Lazard, Draft Pick and Amari was our 6 this year....I could get on board.

I like Jarvis but there’s no speed or elite release at receiver even with Jarvis. Why would any defense play a defender more than 10 yards off the line against the packers? Some real strategic issues when every receiver on the team is a short-area target.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Jarvis but there’s no speed or elite release at receiver even with Jarvis. Why would any defense play a defender more than 10 yards off the line against the packers? Some real strategic issues when every receiver on the team is a short-area target.
I'm not looking for my number one to need to be the type that runs past people, I want a solid crisp route runner that can get by or inside folks because they're a dang good receiver. MVS proved you can have no routes coming out of college essentially and add the top off backend routes for a team for spacing. You can grab dede westbrook or bring in a draft pick to do this in today's game. When forced Rodgers has been DEADLY without Adams spreading the ball, I expect similar to occur.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not looking for my number one to need to be the type that runs past people, I want a solid crisp route runner that can get by or inside folks because they're a dang good receiver. MVS proved you can have no routes coming out of college essentially and add the top off backend routes for a team for spacing. You can grab dede westbrook or bring in a draft pick to do this in today's game. When forced Rodgers has been DEADLY without Adams spreading the ball, I expect similar to occur.

Neither am i. Adams wasn’t elite speed, he just got open right away and his routes left him open in the middle of the field. The packers don’t have anyone to threaten defenses. Rodgers is the best QB ever so I’m not expecting the Jags offense but the packers have to get SOMEONE and it’s going to be interesting if/how they go about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest posts