Aaron Rodgers' 2022 Season

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
What receivers should be sick of is them playing like straight booty.

Maybe they shouldn't be so much worried about what Rodgers is saying about them and be a little more concerned with not playing like trash themselves.

Kurt Warner's breakdown of the Detroit game is an awful look for the WR room. Rodgers played a part, but when you look at it through the lense of Warner, it's very easy to see what Rodgers is so damn frustrated with.

I don't mind people banging on Rodgers. But to act like these WR's ain't playing like hot garbage and shouldn't be held accountable is a joke.

1) I don't think anyone is acting like the receivers are playing great.

2) Notice that when Rodgers makes a mistake, no one shakes their head, curses at him, stares at the heavens, or chews him out. It's only the other people who get chewed out by him. That dynamic can only last if the guy being a jerk is playing at a high level. He just isn't.

3) The biggest problem, bar none, in the Detroit game, was Rodgers-- NOT the WR's. He threw a ball directly at a DL's head that popped up and got picked, he dramatically underthrew Bakh in the endzone and got picked. He had Tonyan open down the seam and held the ball, threw late, and got picked. He overthrew open received down the field, he passed on open receivers and threw the ball away, he passed on open receivers and took sacks.

That one game was, beyond argument, 90/10 on Rodgers. Everyone has games like that. But you CANNOT be that bad and then treat everyone else on the team like dirt. It will not last.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score

2) Notice that when Rodgers makes a mistake, no one shakes their head, curses at him, stares at the heavens, or chews him out. It's only the other people who get chewed out by him. That dynamic can only last if the guy being a jerk is playing at a high level. He just isn't.

3) The biggest problem, bar none, in the Detroit game, was Rodgers-- NOT the WR's. He threw a ball directly at a DL's head that popped up and got picked, he dramatically underthrew Bakh in the endzone and got picked. He had Tonyan open down the seam and held the ball, threw late, and got picked. He overthrew open received down the field, he passed on open receivers and threw the ball away, he passed on open receivers and took sacks.

That one game was, beyond argument, 90/10 on Rodgers. Everyone has games like that. But you CANNOT be that bad and then treat everyone else on the team like dirt. It will not last.
Oh I said in all of the post game threads that it was one of the worst games I've ever seen Rodgers play. I wouldn't dare absolve him from the interceptions and some of the off throws.

Just putting it in the perspective of him being rattled by what others aren't doing on many other plays as well. A lot are presenting themselves like it's only Rodgers when that's not the case.

I'll grant you that losing the Detroit game was 90/10 on Rodgers. No issue with that. But the issues you saw with WR's doing what Kurt Warner detailed is emblematic of what they have been doing ALL season.

Bottom line is that for the Packers to turn this thing around, all 11 on offense, most definitely including Rodgers, have to play better and do their damn jobs. That includes receivers falling down, taking bad angles, misgauging leverage, dropping passes, or flat out just running the wrong damn routes.

When a veteran like Sammy Watkins is ****ing up as regularly as he is, you know you have a problem.

I'll say this.....if criticism from Rodgers publicly makes these guys fold, then they aren't worth a damn anyway. This also happened in 2016 and it turned out fine. Not saying the same will happen, just saying that sometimes you need a wake up call and if you're this far into the season and the message isn't absorbing internally, sometimes you need a wake up call from the outside.

Last edited:

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score

With all I said previously, I'll say this on Rodgers specifically....

The long ball to Toure where some said he made a good enough throw to me was unacceptable by his standards. He left that a good 3-5 yards short. That was a touchdown. The ball up the seam to Deguara he should have let rip. That would've been a touchdown. The underthrow on the run to (Toure, I believe?) where it had to be reviewed was a bad throw. All three of the interceptions I felt like were bad even the one where Rodgers said that the defender from Detroit just made a hell of a play I thought was a bad ball.

Honestly with the way Green Bay moved the ball, they should've hung 40+ on them.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I'll say this.....if criticism from Rodgers publicly makes these guys fold, then they aren't worth a damn anyway.
All of "these guys", collectively (11 players- WR's and TE's) are being paid around $15M this season, Rodgers is being paid $50M. So forgive fans and potentially teammates, being disappointed in and expect more out of Rodgers. Fans expecting more out of this group of receivers, definitely set their expectations at way too high of a level.

While it's definitely true that Gute and the Packer organization is solely to blame for somehow starting the 2022 season with by far the weakest receiving room seen since maybe the 80's in Green Bay, it's Rodgers job to be the leader of the offense. If you dont believe that, look at what he is getting paid, as well as how far the front office had to bend for him to make him happy. If he actually expected more from this group of receivers and is frustrated with what he's getting, than take it up with management, offer to take less money, so they can spend more on a group of 11 guys that together make $12M less than Davante Adams. Throwing your teammates under the bus and acting like a disgusted teammate, isn't helping you, your teammates or your team....no matter whose fault it is.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
With all I said previously, I'll say this on Rodgers specifically....

The long ball to Toure where some said he made a good enough throw to me was unacceptable by his standards. He left that a good 3-5 yards short. That was a touchdown. The ball up the seam to Deguara he should have let rip. That would've been a touchdown. The underthrow on the run to (Toure, I believe?) where it had to be reviewed was a bad throw. All three of the interceptions I felt like were bad even the one where Rodgers said that the defender from Detroit just made a hell of a play I thought was a bad ball.

Honestly with the way Green Bay moved the ball, they should've hung 40+ on them.
The long ball that was short on the radio call Wayne said. If not short that’s a td

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

What receivers should be sick of is them playing like straight booty.

Maybe they shouldn't be so much worried about what Rodgers is saying about them and be a little more concerned with not playing like trash themselves.

Kurt Warner's breakdown of the Detroit game is an awful look for the WR room. Rodgers played a part, but when you look at it through the lense of Warner, it's very easy to see what Rodgers is so damn frustrated with.

I don't mind people banging on Rodgers. But to act like these WR's ain't playing like hot garbage and shouldn't be held accountable is a joke.

While I respect your opinion and have bumped heads with you in the past, I accept that the receiving corp hasn`t been consistent, I think there is a tendency to use it to excuse Rodgers as Two time MVP QB, which he had the cheek to say in my opinion in an interview with Pat Macafee ?
He keeps throwing them under the bus and he`s hardly blame free here. In my opinion he needs to shut up and put up and lead by example. JMHO

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Gottlieb.....lol

Aren't you the one that can't stand Bayless and Cowherd? This dude is cut from the same cloth. Jumping on the anti-Rodgers train because it's good for clicks and ratings.
LOL....If you think Gottlieb is even close to being like Skip ****less and Cowturd, you haven't watched the 3 of them enough. How has Gottlieb jumped on the anti-Rodgers train? But calling a spade a spade?

Here is what the LA Times wrote about Gottlieb:

Reaction score
In #12 Defense. I do think he’s been better at not just throwing the ball away like that one season. He’s trying to give someone an opportunity to make a play. That doesn’t absolve him but I’d rather try and fail than just keeping taking Sacks or throwaways.

That said we are ranked #32 in 4th Down% and it speaks to we are not efficient at all for whatever reasons. I know we don’t want to be timid forever, but right now, with our D holding teams around a respectable 20 pts per game, I’d be taking the points if it puts us in the lead or ties the score or gets us within a 3pt margin of separation. We’ve got to get something going on Offense when we move the ball, even if it’s a FG.

Some exceptions might be 4th and inches or if it’s to put the game away in Qtr4

Last edited:

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I respect your opinion and have bumped heads with you in the past, I accept that the receiving corp hasn`t been consistent, I think there is a tendency to use it to excuse Rodgers as Two time MVP QB, which he had the cheek to say in my opinion in an interview with Pat Macafee ?
He keeps throwing them under the bus and he`s hardly blame free here. In my opinion he needs to shut up and put up and lead by example. JMHO
Blameless and cheeky. Dont forget greedy. LOL

OP
OP
red4tribe

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the loss against the Eagles tonight, I consider the 2022 season effectively over. We're not making the playoffs. Rodgers is banged up with a variety of injuries. There's no sense in having him play when he isn't healthy and we need to see what Love can give us. I think we should start Love the rest of the season, beginning next week against the Bears.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
With the loss against the Eagles tonight, I consider the 2022 season effectively over. We're not making the playoffs. Rodgers is banged up with a variety of injuries. There's no sense in having him play when he isn't healthy and we need to see what Love can give us. I think we should start Love the rest of the season, beginning next week against the Bears.
I said that 5 games ago

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AR is done. The 2 touchdown throws were good, but that 2nd interception was a terrible decision and he had TIME too, good protection.

Loves noticeable improvement in his throwing motion, release point, accuracy and foot work(no more back foot throws) gives me confidence he can be successful

A HOFer? I don't know

Reaction score
AR is done. The 2 touchdown throws were good, but that 2nd interception was a terrible decision and he had TIME too, good protection.

Loves noticeable improvement in his throwing motion, release point, accuracy and foot work(no more back foot throws) gives me confidence he can be successful

A HOFer? I don't know
We don’t need a HOF QB. We need one making 50% of what Rodgers makes but that can maintain top 50% of the league effective.
I think Jordan has a shot at that inside 2 seasons. If not go draft another one.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think AR played his last game in a Packer uniform.
Yeah its kind of eerie with 07 Rodgers and 22 Love ...

With 2022 a non playoff season, I think it's time

AR either retires or asks to be traded to an "all in" Super Bowl team. It's a shame, we never had any good defenses during his career here except maybe early in his career

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We’ll take a huge cap hit trading Rogers. Doubt we’d get much for him. A second rounder at this point would be a gift.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah its kind of eerie with 07 Rodgers and 22 Love ...

With 2022 a non playoff season, I think it's time

AR either retires or asks to be traded to an "all in" Super Bowl team. It's a shame, we never had any good defenses during his career here except maybe early in his career
The defense was actually pretty good last year. That's what makes this year so head-scratching.

At this point, the longer Joe Barry remains the DC, the more damage MLF does to himself. MLF is without question an excellent HC, but right now he needs to fire JB TOMORROW and hire Jim Leonhard.

Last edited:

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The defense was actually pretty good last year. That's what makes this year so head-scratching.

At this point, the longer Joe Barry remains the DC, the more damage MLF does to himself. MLF is without question an excellent HC, but right now he needs to fire JB TOMORROW.
Eh above average last year not SB good imo

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
9th overall. They held SF to 13 points and Rodgers couldn't get the win.
Yeah I also blame it not on only our ST, although obviously there was a gaffe, but you gotta score more than 10 points at Home

It will be interesting to see if Love can be a mix of gunslinger Favre and low turnover Rodgers

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With playoffs, I feel like we also know what we are going to get with AR...

Just like with Favre, we knew he was going to throw stupid interceptions that would cost the game(Eagles, Giants, Saints - w/Vikings)

With Rodgers, I feel like you know you're going to get a low/no turnover guy who will choke when it counts the most (Seahawks, Bucs, 49ers last year). People will blame 2014/Seahawks and last year 49ers on the ST, but he should have made more plays - especially in 2014.
2020 versus the Bucs, TB had 3 interceptions and we got like 3 points off them
-- he's just a playoff choker honestly

Time to move on

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts