A few things to watch vs San Francisco

H

HardRightEdge

DuJuan Harris did not get any snaps until garbage time and he's listed 4th. on the depth chart. He looked awfully sharp. I wouldn't cry if was made available and brought back as the #3.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
DuJuan Harris did not get any snaps until garbage time and he's listed 4th. on the depth chart. He looked awfully sharp. I wouldn't cry if was made available and brought back as the #3.

If nothing else, Harris might give us some information on the following teams and I hope he is logging his frequent flyer miles, I didn't realize he bounced around so much since leaving the Packers:

Minnesota Vikings
On March 19, 2015 Harris signed a one-year, $660,000 contract with the Minnesota Vikings.[9]

New Orleans Saints
On September 14, 2015 the New Orleans Saints announced that, following a workout of several running backs, they have signed Harris to the practice squad. [10]

Seattle Seahawks
On November 23, 2015, Harris was signed to the Seattle Seahawks practice squad.[11] Harris was released by the Seahawks on December 15, 2015.

Baltimore Ravens
On December 17, 2015, Harris was signed to the Baltimore Ravens practice squad.

San Francisco 49ers
The San Francisco 49ers signed Harris from the Ravens practice squad on December 23, 2015.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

I wouldn't mind bringing Harris back as the third running back either but something tells me there's a reason why he was released by four teams within the last 12 months.

H

HardRightEdge

I wouldn't mind bringing Harris back as the third running back either but something tells me there's a reason why he was released by four teams within the last 12 months.
And there was Jacksonville before the Packers. It could be as simple as NFL teams not being interested in a 5' 7" running back with a serious knee injury history except as an emergency provision.

He wasn't a bad guy in Green Bay; McCarthy would not have installed him as the season opening starter in 2013 if he was. Judging from the SF game, his quickness showed no residual affects of the knee injury.

It's not something I expect; I just wouldn't cry if it happened. I like Burks; I wouldn't mind seeing him as the #3 or on the practice squad. He's in the 3rd. down, change-of-pace mold but not a guy you'd want in there for a tough yard; he's decent pass blocker but his receiving needs work. Harris has many of the same qualities, but was tougher inside when he was in Green Bay. He can block and catch.

Members online

Latest posts