A few things to watch vs San Francisco

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wonder who gets more targets from Rodgers between Adams and Abby?

seems like rod is trying to give adams second wind or just doesn't have faith in him which is why he kept passing to him last season to show coaches that he isn't cut out for prime time. Since Davis needs time to practice more to get his bearings, i'm curious if they will showcase Mont, Abby, Nelson, and Cook to take one snap.

D

Deleted member 6794

Also want to see Lowry performs. I don't believe he is injured. A shame we don't see Clark tonight. We may start vs Jaguars with Guion at NT and Lowry at 5 Tech if he doesn't show some anchor skills.

Lowry hasn't proven to be stout enough to play at 5-tech. Hopefully the Packers don't have to start him there opening week.

seems like rod is trying to give adams second wind or just doesn't have faith in him which is why he kept passing to him last season to show coaches that he isn't cut out for prime time.

Rodgers for sure doesn't target a receiver over and over again he has no faith in. He wanted to boost Adams confidence, something that obviously didn't work out in 2015.

Steve Hale

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After watching the game I'm really am excited at the extra outlet A-rod has in Cook this year. He's going to be a massive player this season. If Lacy can get back to something like he was, its looking promising. Just hope the receiving core hang on to the ball more this year. Pray for Jordys fitness , Surely he will be used sparingly over the first few weeks of the season.
Was great to see Matthews back on the outside , boom first play of the night round the back for a tackle. Martinez looked like he was everywhere , looking good.
Only negative for me was the protection on the outside for the passing game. But it's pre season after all.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what is Adams' deal? He drops that TD, which was a tough catch, but for a guy with his talent, that should be a catch. If that was the only one, well, sometimes you drop them. But we've seen him drop a lot more. Then he comes back and catches that 4th Down pass, which was a tough and very contested catch. He can do it, we've seen him do it. If he can maintain some consistency, and not the type where you catch some you drop some, he's going to have a pretty fine season.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what is Adams' deal? He drops that TD, which was a tough catch, but for a guy with his talent, that should be a catch. If that was the only one, well, sometimes you drop them. But we've seen him drop a lot more. Then he comes back and catches that 4th Down pass, which was a tough and very contested catch. He can do it, we've seen him do it. If he can maintain some consistency, and not the type where you catch some you drop some, he's going to have a pretty fine season.

talented but unreliable. you don't know what you're going to get with adams. Nelson isn't without faults but he comes through most of the time as with Cobb. Adams just doesn't seem like a reliable player.

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adams inconsistencies are frustrating, but I'm reminded of James Jones and his problems with drops early in his career. Adams is very talented. Hopefully he can work through it the way Jones did.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kap playing the race card for not standing during the Anthem. Either the guy is having a breakdown, he really believes his views about race relations, or he just wants attention knowing his career is on the brink of poo poo status.

Pathetic, Kap! Keep your political views at home and just play the game that is giving you MILLIONS!

bgrice91

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kap playing the race card for not standing during the Anthem. Either the guy is having a breakdown, he really believes his views about race relations, or he just wants attention knowing his career is on the brink of poo poo status.

Pathetic, Kap! Keep your political views at home and just play the game that is giving you MILLIONS!

You obviously don't know the true history of this country and who really runs it. Or maybe you do know your history because the school textbooks and CNN only tell fact, correct?

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The folks that actually laid it on the line for their beliefs deserve the credit. Some clown that has been treated like a king and is making $12 mil guaranteed this year for playing a game should understand who bgrice91 is talking about and decide either to fight The Man or take the money and run.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The folks that actually laid it on the line for their beliefs deserve the credit. Some clown that has been treated like a king and is making $12 mil guaranteed this year for playing a game should understand who bgrice91 is talking about and decide either to fight The Man or take the money and run.
Do you think "the man" knows the true story?

bgrice91

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Enlighten us.

I would but I get the impression that you're narrow minded and believe everything you see on tv. I apologize if that's not the case, but I really don't have the time or apparatus to put you up on game right now. All I can say to you is do your research on this country and you'll find some truth that'll change your outlook on the way we live IMHO. Or you can continue to be brainwashed it's on you I honestly don't care

OP
OP
A

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would but I get the impression that you're narrow minded and believe everything you see on tv. I apologize if that's not the case, but I really don't have the time or apparatus to put you up on game right now. All I can say to you is do your research on this country and you'll find some truth that'll change your outlook on the way we live IMHO. Or you can continue to be brainwashed it's on you I honestly don't care
May I suggest A People's History of The United States written by Howard Zinn, very informative on the true history of our country.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Will that explain why a multi-millionaire chooses to dis the country that gave it to him? Does it explain to which of the oppressed he gave those millions?

OP
OP
A

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Will that explain why a multi-millionaire chooses to dis the country that gave it to him? Does it explain to which of the oppressed he gave those millions?
No it doesn't. I suggested because the word brainwashed was thrown out there. That book will show you how our country has really been established and ran. It's the exact opposite you've been taught in school. Just thought I woyld throw it out there, its a great book for the offseason.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No it doesn't. I suggested because the word brainwashed was thrown out there. That book will show you how our country has really been established and ran. It's the exact opposite you've been taught in school. Just thought I woyld throw it out there, its a great book for the offseason.

Recommending Howard Zinn like this in 2016 is silly. You sound like every college freshman ever since the early 80's. Most people grow out of it.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
May I suggest A People's History of The United States written by Howard Zinn, very informative on the true history of our country.
Recommending Howard Zinn like this in 2016 is silly. You sound like every college freshman ever since the early 80's. Most people grow out of it.

And this is why we can't have nice things. And also why politics are banished to the asylum section of the board. :devilish:

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zinn had an agenda to promote with A People's History and the content/analysis proceed accordingly. Although it was very influential, the book is very dated by non-fiction standards and Zinn has been criticized (correctly, IMO) for distorting evidence/facts to fit his narrative, often through omission.

You seem excited about the book and that's good for you. But nobody comes here for book recommendations and the nature of the work makes it fundamentally political (it would be the same if someone were telling folks to read Atlas Shrugged). Just take it to another forum so we can talk football.

OP
OP
A

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zinn had an agenda to promote with A People's History and the content/analysis proceed accordingly. Although it was very influential, the book is very dated by non-fiction standards and Zinn has been criticized (correctly, IMO) for distorting evidence/facts to fit his narrative, often through omission.

You seem excited about the book and that's good for you. But nobody comes here for book recommendations and the nature of the work makes it fundamentally political (it would be the same if someone were telling folks to read Atlas Shrugged). Just take it to another forum so we can talk football.
Well shoot me for saying 1 thing non football related, 1 freakin comment. You are the one who decided to reply and further more make a big deal out of nothing. Plus I started this forum so no one should be upset. But thank you for being an inconsiderate person. Your the type that make people feel great about themselves all the time I bet, I'm just seeing your badside because of personal issues and I forgive you. We have 1 thing in common, we are both Packer Fans. Let's stick to that one thing.

Telling Folks??? How old are you??

Another thing, how does an Ayn Rand novel come in the picture? One is a work of fiction the other is true history!

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts