2016 Cut-downs

OP
OP
Pkrjones

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reports say Crockett's shoulder may keep him out for up to 2 months. Also, injury settlement guys can't be resigned (to PS or 53??) for 6 weeks.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Tough break for Crockett and the Packers. I liked his enthusiasm and hope he either comes back to GB or catches on somewhere else.

No surprise on Backman being released, he really hasn't shown much as a 6th rounder.

H

HardRightEdge

Tough break for Crockett and the Packers. I liked his enthusiasm and hope he either comes back to GB or catches on somewhere else.

No surprise on Backman being released, he really hasn't shown much as a 6th rounder.
Backman made some plays in preseason and showed he was starting to get it. I also noted him throwing a couple of respectable blocks. More dynamic than Perillo. The choice likely came down to Perillo showing more on special teams.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Backman made some plays in preseason and showed he was starting to get it. I also noted him throwing a couple of respectable blocks. More dynamic than Perillo. The choice likely came down to Perillo showing more on special teams.
Agreed on the special teams aspect. Guessing Backman will be available to be placed on the PS if the Packers still see potential in him.

H

HardRightEdge

Agreed on the special teams aspect. Guessing Backman will be available to be placed on the PS if the Packers still see potential in him.
Backman was released with an injury designation as the Captain posted elsewhere. The deciding factor out on the bubble is often simply availability.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perillo has shown excellent and reliable hands. So unless Backman is an exceptionally great blocker...Perillo hands down.

D

Deleted member 6794

8/30 - TE's Backman, Henry & RB Crockett waived/injured.

As of right now it's hasn't been confirmed that Crockett or Henry have been waived with an injury designation but a guess by members of the media.

D

Deleted member 6794

Packers reduce roster to 76 players before practice by releasing WR Harvey Binford and placing TE Kennard Backman, RB John Crockett, C Kacob Flores, TE Mitchell Henry and G Josh Walker on injured reserve.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Last edited:

4zone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My take on final week battles:

Price vs Ringo - DT (My call - Ringo cut) - (TT's call - cut Ringo)
Abby vs Janis - WR (My call - Abby cut) -(TT's call - cut Abby) (I hate this one)
G-Mo vs Davis - WR (My call - Davis cut) -(TT's call - cut G-Mo)
Goodson vs Gunter - CB (Both calls see below)
Evans vs Brice - S (My call - cut Goodson and Gunter, keep Evans and Brice) - (TT's call - cut Evans and Brice and keep Goodson and Gunter)
Bradford vs Thomas - LB (My call - Thomas cut) (TT's call - probably cuts both and keeps Fackrell - tongue in cheek)

I see two possible trade options Davante Adams and Abby, Abby the most likely. DA is too much of a TT guy. I think he will be worth more this year because if he plays, he will only show his ceiling is low. I like G-Mo, reminds me a lot of a young Donald Driver. I feel he has way higher upside that DA. Davis could be an upgrade at WR from Janis but probably can't replace him on ST. I'd love to see Evans and Janis as gunners on punts, hitting punt returners like a particle collider.

Fackrell and Elliot both get cut along with the expected bunch of other Rookies.

Wild card, another significant injury before the final deadline to force another guy to IR. Hate to loose G-Mo, Evans, Brice or Price. Good looking talents.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Fackrell and Elliot both get cut along with the expected bunch of other Rookies.

There's absolutely no way Thompson releases Fackrell after spending a third round pick on him in April. With McCray having been traded to the Bills Elliott will most likely make the final roster as well.

4zone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's absolutely no way Thompson releases Fackrell after spending a third round pick on him in April. With McCray having been traded to the Bills Elliott will most likely make the final roster as well.
If you keep Elliot and Fackrell, who do you cut to keep them? If you read above, I do state that I believe TT does keep Fackrell.

OP
OP
Pkrjones

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you keep Elliot and Fackrell, who do you cut to keep them? If you read above, I do state that I believe TT does keep Fackrell.
Huh???? "Fackrell and Elliot both get cut along with the expected bunch of other Rookies."

Fackrell & Elliott are both OLB's.
Thomas & Bradford are both ILB's.

Last edited:
H

HardRightEdge

Perillo has shown excellent and reliable hands. So unless Backman is an exceptionally great blocker...Perillo hands down.
Yeah, but Perillo is slow and a lousy blocker. We'll never know if Backman would have been the choice if not injured, but he would have been my choice.

4zone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Huh???? "Fackrell and Elliot both get cut along with the expected bunch of other Rookies."

Thus my Thomas vs Bradford not Thomas vs Fackrell or Elliot.
Datone Jones moved to OLB and Elliot has not impressed so Elliot gone. Fackrell a long term project but TT likely keeps him since Peppers is likely retiring at end of year.

H

HardRightEdge

Wow. Crockett gone eh? Burks is our 3rd man then?
Looks like it...for now.

They have not been using him on any pitches or sweeps. They've been running him inside; his runs to the edge have been bounce outs and cut backs. This tells me they're not looking for a change of pace back with some plays tailored to quickness to the edge, but rather a guy who can run the same plays as the front line guys which are inside and off tackle.

Burks is not going to move the pile for a tough yard in the mold of Lacy, Starks or Crockett. I suspect that's what they're looking for which would make Burks a poor fit.

I'd like to think I'm wrong, but I don't see any evidence otherwise, if not for Burks sake then for some scheme diversity.

So, they may keep him to start the season but I suspect he'd be a place holder.

4zone

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I thought McCray would be the new OLB but that just went out the window so probably Perry gets the second backup spot with Jones. If you think we are keeping 6 of every defensive position group then you are greatly mistaken. And that grouping the entire DL as one group.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My take on final week battles:

Price vs Ringo - DT (My call - Ringo cut) - (TT's call - cut Ringo)
Abby vs Janis - WR (My call - Abby cut) -(TT's call - cut Abby) (I hate this one)
G-Mo vs Davis - WR (My call - Davis cut) -(TT's call - cut G-Mo)
Goodson vs Gunter - CB (Both calls see below)
Evans vs Brice - S (My call - cut Goodson and Gunter, keep Evans and Brice) - (TT's call - cut Evans and Brice and keep Goodson and Gunter)
Bradford vs Thomas - LB (My call - Thomas cut) (TT's call - probably cuts both and keeps Fackrell - tongue in cheek)

I see two possible trade options Davante Adams and Abby, Abby the most likely. DA is too much of a TT guy. I think he will be worth more this year because if he plays, he will only show his ceiling is low. I like G-Mo, reminds me a lot of a young Donald Driver. I feel he has way higher upside that DA. Davis could be an upgrade at WR from Janis but probably can't replace him on ST. I'd love to see Evans and Janis as gunners on punts, hitting punt returners like a particle collider.

Wild card, another significant injury before the final deadline to force another guy to IR. Hate to loose G-Mo, Evans, Brice or Price. Good looking talents.

Janis probably moves to the PUP with that broken hand.

Members online

Latest posts